1988 aerostar

CHARLIEP
I searched my ev on evdl.Interestingly only one aero star[built by ford ]24500dollars. The only other vans were built at factory by dodge.
    I have rental houses to maintain,so the choice would be a pickup with canopy or a van,the van seems best ,one layer of batts. covered with plywood ,then tools and materials .Some one compared ford to dodge
my family has driven dodge vans[6 i think] for 20 yrs and never got over 20 mpg.the difference would be in
engine/trans etc I currently drive a honda oddisy getting 25 mpg with 4cyl/ automatic. Charlie P

Re: 1988 aerostar

Ben-149
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Charlie P <[hidden email]>wrote:

>    I have rental houses to maintain,so the choice would be a pickup with
> canopy or a van,the van seems best ,one layer of batts. covered with
> plywood
> ,then tools and materials .Some one compared ford

I can't speak to efficiency, but while I was growing up my dad drove an
Aerostar and routinely carried about 1000lb of tools in the back - most
stored in a pull out drawer on the floor. If you continued that forwards as
a layer of batteries, I expect it would handle the load well.

Ben

Re: 1988 aerostar

Roger Heuckeroth
How about a standard van that is built on a truck frame.  That will
definitely hold the weight.  Businesses buy them and put a lot of
miles on them in a short period of time, until the engines wear out.
Maybe pick one up cheap with a smoked ICE.

On Feb 27, 2009, at 10:51 PM, Ben wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Charlie P <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>

>>   I have rental houses to maintain,so the choice would be a pickup
>> with
>> canopy or a van,the van seems best ,one layer of batts. covered with
>> plywood
>> ,then tools and materials .Some one compared ford
>

> I can't speak to efficiency, but while I was growing up my dad drove
> an
> Aerostar and routinely carried about 1000lb of tools in the back -
> most
> stored in a pull out drawer on the floor. If you continued that
> forwards as
> a layer of batteries, I expect it would handle the load well.
>
> Ben

Re: 1988 aerostar

Dennis at e v school
I have owned three gas Aerostars, I liked them. But to pull the motor /
transmission you unbolt the front frame from the body and lift the body off the
top, leaving the drive train on the garage floor.

In a message dated 2/27/2009 10:11:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

I  searched my ev on evdl.Interestingly only one aero star[built by  ford
]24500dollars. The only other vans were built at factory by  dodge.
I have rental houses to maintain,so the choice would  be a pickup with
canopy or a van,the van seems best ,one layer of batts.  covered with plywood
,then tools and materials .Some one compared ford to  dodge
my family has driven dodge vans[6 i think] for 20 yrs and never got  over 20
mpg.the difference would be in
engine/trans etc I currently  drive a honda oddisy getting 25 mpg with 4cyl/
automatic. Charlie P
Nabble.com.

steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)

Re: 1988 aerostar

CHARLIEP

EVtrainingCenter wrote
I have owned three gas Aerostars, I liked them. But to pull the motor /
transmission you unbolt the front frame from the body and lift the body off the
top, leaving the drive train on the garage floor.

That is good to know,a lot of vehicles are built this way ,very easy to make changes
charlesccharles@localnet.com writes:

I have rental houses to maintain,so the choice would  be a pickup with
canopy or a van,the van seems best

http://www.nabble.com/1988-aerostar-tp22258290p22258290.html
Sent from the  Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list archive at