2007 NEDRA Nationals raffle motor pictures

2007 NEDRA Nationals raffle motor pictures

Hi-Torque Electric
Hey all

I got her done today and put up a short blog and a
couple pics at the site.  Eighty pounds of fun in a
7.5" X 13" package just waiting for someone with a
lucky raffle ticket 8^o

http://www.hitorqueelectric.com/

Cya on Friday 8^)

Jim Husted
Hi-Torque Electric

Re: 2007 NEDRA Nationals raffle motor pictures

rodhower
Hey Jim,
I got this off your web site,
"I did talk to Brain Hall who agreed that if you buy a
ticket Friday and can’t make it to Saturdays EVent
that you do not need to be present to win. "
Ok, so I'm on the 'least coast' as Bob Rice would say,
and travel expenses are limited to a cheer competition
for my 13 year old in Orlando, FL (talk about a money
drain, competitive cheer costs about $4000 grand a
year, that could almost by a Zilla!)  Oh well, the
daughter likes competitive cheer and I will pay the
expenses, but I would prefer to cruise out to Portland
for some EV fun, but it won't happen.
So, how much for a ticket to get in the raffle?  I
actually don't have an EV project at present to put
this baby in, but it would make one bad-ass go-cart
motor.  Besides, I just may mount it on the mantel as
a 'Jim Husted masterpiece', kind of like a Picasso?
Thanks,
Rod
--- Jim Husted <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey all
>
> I got her done today and put up a short blog and a
> couple pics at the site.  Eighty pounds of fun in a
> 7.5" X 13" package just waiting for someone with a
> lucky raffle ticket 8^o
>
> http://www.hitorqueelectric.com/
>
> Cya on Friday 8^)
>
> Jim Husted
> Hi-Torque Electric

> Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here
> and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo!
> Games.

Re: 2007 NEDRA Nationals raffle motor pictures

Hi-Torque Electric
Hey Rod, all

Nothing like opening up a can of worms lol.

I had a couple private emails from people who would
said they'd be there Friday night but couldn't make
Saturday night, and wanted to know if they could still
partake on the raffle.  I told them that I'd be
willing to ship it "if" they won it if they bought a
ticket there on Friday.

Anyway, here's my take on this subject.

I donate these motors to help the EVent guys out,
first in hopes that it entices people to come out and
as something that can help them make ends meet.  This
has a secondary bonus in that the track sees a bigger
turn out and you end up with a win, win, win scenario
with someone going home with a new motor 8^)

In general I usually just ship them out and Shawn,
Matt, or Chip do their thing.  The west coast thing
shouldn't be any different and I'd say it's up to
Brian, FT, Roy to have final say on this (if you boys
have your ears on 8^)

Now, I hear you on the "can't be there thing" and it
is a bummer 8^(   but hey, they won't let me buy
tickets for my own motor either, so go cry to your
momma 8^P

Being this was posted about earlier and I didn't hear
anything from the NEDRA guys (just to much to setup on
top of the press they have bugging them these days) it
just fell into a local catagory.

Now if someone you know and trust wants to throw your
name into the bowl and you win it, I'm willing to
freight it out (winner has to pay freight).  If
someone happens to email you private like and tells
you they'll be attending, hint, hint, then what is a
guy to do 8^)

I personally can not be a part of such a dispicable
plan (like I said, they won't let me buy any tickets)
but I wouldn't think badly of anyone who would 8^P
Being this is a little larger of a motor than usual I
think exceptions can be made for this one, at least on
a small / private scale.

Sometime in the future I'll look into doing an onine
raffle for those who just can't do the trips.  Maybe a
NEDRA membership drive 8^)  Join and get X tickets,
lifetime membership gets you X more 8^o  Guess you'd
have to give the existing guys a ticket just to keep
them happy or something as a general thought.  One day
maybe for myself, but for now these are a fun way for
me to pay it forward a little.

FWIW last years tickets went for 5 dollars each or 5
tickets for 20 bucks.

This really is about supporting NEDRA, and PIR, and is
subject to their approval but I can't see how they'd
object to a few extra bucks in the kitty as I'm sure
there are things it could be used for.

I do hope no ill feeling are felt as this is a fun
thing for me to do and I personally couldn't afford
the time it'd take to setup and monitor it online.

That Damon guy looks kind of shifty to me and I bet
he'd be willing to help you cheat / I mean buy a
ticket 8^o  Then again this motor is bigger than his,
and you might end up with a Swiss Cheese motor, LMAO!

Anyway that's my two non-raffle tickets worth!
Good luck to all.

Jim Husted
Hi-Torque Electric

Re: 2007 NEDRA Nationals raffle motor pictures

damon henry

You know I looked at the pictures you posted today and thought, hey that motor is bigger than mine...

Of course, I already have an adaptor plate in the works, so it's too late to change anyway, and I don't care how big it is, it doesn't have all those special extra holes that mine does.

Besides, I'm looking forward to the day when my motor morphs into a siamese 6.7.  Now don't be running off and hiding next Spring Break :-)

damon

> > That Damon guy looks kind of shifty to me and I bet> he'd be willing to help you cheat / I mean buy a> ticket 8^o Then again this motor is bigger than his,> and you might end up with a Swiss Cheese motor, LMAO!> > Anyway that's my two non-raffle tickets worth!> Good luck to all.> > Jim Husted> Hi-Torque Electric> > > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.> http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/> > _______________________________________________> For subscription options, see> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev

Re: 2007 NEDRA Nationals raffle motor pictures

Mike Willmon-3
Hey, thats what I'm going to do with my WarP9 Twins.....screw the Pinto Project

I need art work for my mantle, and these babies fit the bill  ;-P

SAFT high power density Li-Ion

rodhower
Manufactured in Maryland
http://powerelectronics.com/power_systems/news/saft-vlv-li-ion-batteries-0815/?cid=pet081507

Figure. Saft’s VL12V cell is rated for a capacity of
12 Ah at 25°C, and up to 12,000 W/kg for a 100-ms
pulse at 2.5 V. The VL4V and VL8V are smaller cells
with smaller capacities, but have the same specific
power.

Re: SAFT high power density Li-Ion

Dan Frederiksen-2
looks pretty good in specs although the 74Wh/kg specific energy is not
terrific (125 for A123 although 5 times smaller cells)
priced in maryland too no doubt (intended for military use is usually a
budget warning, forget about it)
seems to be able to outperform even supercaps if only briefly. (call to
John :) you'll need that 4wd

http://www.saftbatteries.com/120-Techno/20-10_produit.asp?paramtechnolien=20-10_lithium_system.asp&paramtechno=Lithium+systems&Intitule_Produit=VLV

Dan