2Rivian e-trucks & 4Livewire e-motorcycles uncrated4 McGregor &Boorman 2use

2Rivian e-trucks & 4Livewire e-motorcycles uncrated4 McGregor &Boorman 2use

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Rivian-e-truck-Testing-ar-tierra-del-fuego-v-tp4694967p4694981.html
 (Paul's post)
]

https://lonerider-motorcycle.com/blogs/loneriderblog/ewan-mcgregor-and-charley-boormans-long-way-up-will-be-on-electric-motorcycles?fbclid=IwAR2G19NObIvyzziHAnGmQOn25Fi8bowAjHECTVHIOuZxkCrFMmXwclXHx-Y
Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman's "Long Way Up" will be on ELECTRIC
motorcycles!
September 07, 2019  Frederic SCHEFFER

[images
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0951/1406/articles/Long-Way-Up-bike_1024x1024.jpg?v=1567950085
 LiveWire

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0951/1406/files/limewire_large.jpg?v=1567934990
 LiveWire

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0951/1406/files/limewire2_large.jpg?v=1567935000
 LiveWire

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0951/1406/files/RIVIAN8_1_large.jpg?v=1567935765
 LiveWire  harley davidson livewire long way up ewan mcgregor charley
boorman

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0951/1406/files/RIVIAN8_large.jpg?v=1567935010
 Rivian

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0951/1406/files/RIVIAN0_large.jpg?v=1567935006
 Rivian
]

So, first it started with Ewan McGregor being spotted in Buenos Aires,
Argentina a few days ago. It was all over Twitter (in Spanish) ...

Fans wondered what he was doing there.

But we knew that Long Way Up was planned, didn't we?

So... we have been following hashtags and social media accounts in
Argentina...

And.... some social media pictures appeared here and there showing the
brand-new electric Harley Davidson (called the LiveWire) being uncrated in
Ushuaïa (southern Argentina).

And they are ready for Argentina's cold weather:

We know Ewan has a fetish for electric vehicles. He converted his old
Volkswagen Beetle to an electric car and participated in a documentary about
electric motorcycles called Charge (2011).

For us, it seems like too many coincidences. Way too many!

We are pretty sure Long Way Up is about to start and it's gonna be on
electric Harleys. Yep... no BMW GS, no Triumph Tiger and no Moto Guzzi, we
were all wrong!

It seems they uncrated 4 Harley-Davidson Livewires. Probably 2 for riding
and 2 as backup.

harley davidson live wire world record electric motorcycle

Oh and wait...

if you are into electric vehicles, it gets better....

Two electric pick up trucks have been uncrated in Ushuaïa aswell. The 2
electric trucks are from a US brand called Rivian.

rivian electric pickup trucks long way up

rivian electric pickup trucks long way up ewan mcgregor

And two Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 4Matic (4x4) and a Ford F350 (V8 6.2)
probably carrying the spare parts and the extra juice needed to recharge the
4 Harley Davidson LiveWires along the way.

The Rivian electric cars are supposed to have a range of approximately 400
to 600 kms (250 to 370 miles). Which means, they will be fine most of the
way but sometimes, such as in the huge Salar of Uyuni (salt flats), Bolivia,
the 2 Mercedes Sprinter and the Ford 350 will be needed to carry some
additional electric capacity to charge the electric trucks and the bikes.

See more about the Rivian R1T trucks coming on this adventure on
www.rivian.com or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivian

See more about the Harley-Davidson LiveWire here:
https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/livewire.html

... We will keep you updated on our facebook and instagram whenever we get
more info!

Good luck to Charley, Ewan and their camera crew! What an epic adventure!
[© lonerider-motorcycle.com]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Argentina#Temperature
 Ushuaia  artic temps
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushuaia#Climate

https://www.motopinas.com/motorcycle-news/mcgregor-and-boorman-rsquo-s-ldquo-long-way-up-rdquo-will-use-electric-bikes.html
McGregor and Boorman's “Long Way Up” will use electric
bikes - Motorcycle News
McGregor and Boorman's “Long Way Up” will use electric bikes ... The trucks
can possibly be used to charge the motorcycles' battery. The crew also has a
third ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ewan+McGregor+and+Charley+Boorman's+"Long+Way+Up"+will+be+on+ELECTRIC+motorcycles!
 search

Re: 2Rivian e-trucks & 4Livewire e-motorcycles uncrated4 McGregor &Boorman 2use

After the fact, I can tell you more about the charging setup.
Cor