$3K-Tesla-Conquest incentive Only4 Tesla owners> (LOL-marketing)

$3K-Tesla-Conquest incentive Only4 Tesla owners> (LOL-marketing)

https://www.teslarati.com/jaguar-ipace-tesla-conquest-3k-discount/
Jaguar I-PACE gets $3K ‘Tesla Conquest’ incentive in recent marketing push
August 13, 2019  Simon Alvarez

[image
https://www.teslarati.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/jaguar-ipace-tesla-discount-1a.jpg
 I-PACE EV
]

With the electric vehicle market in the United States practically being
dominated by the Tesla Model 3, veteran automaker Jaguar appears to be
putting some effort into pushing its own premium all-electric vehicle, the
I-PACE. Among these efforts is a rather unique marketing campaign that has
started making its way through social media, highlighting potential savings
of up to $15,000 from the I-PACE’s MSRP.

Based on the advertisement, the $15,000 total savings will be comprised of a
$5,000 dealer discount, a $7,000 “Allowance Credit,” and an additional
$3,000 “Tesla Conquest.” The ad, which could be viewed below, explains
exactly what the I-PACE’s “Tesla Conquest” incentive entails.

[The ad]
“For an owner or a member of an owner’s household where a Tesla vehicle is
currently registered (proof of ownership/registration is required). Limit
one incentive per eligible VIN. Can be used towards the lease or purchase of
a new, unused 2019 Jaguar I-PACE. No trade-in required. Not redeemable for
cash. Incentive paid to dealer and requires dealer participation.”

[share
https://twitter.com/tesla_truth/status/1161189567686250497/photo/1
    LOL $3,000 “Tesla conquest” incentive: if you have a Tesla, you get 3k
off.

    You don’t want Tesla customers. They have high standards. You want gas
car buyers. This is why their marketing strategy is failing.
pic.twitter.com/JgAnmSZJyj
    — Steve Jobs Ghost (@tesla_truth) August 13, 2019
]

Jaguar’s target demographic of choice is quite interesting, to say the
least. It does, if any, suggest that the veteran British automaker is aiming
to convert existing Tesla owners into I-PACE owners. This is a pretty common
marketing strategy, though it does very little to help Tesla and Elon Musk’s
aim of transitioning existing gas car owners to electric-powered
transportation.

Such a marketing campaign could potentially backfire on the I-PACE as well,
considering that the vehicle lacks the support of a Supercharger Network for
convenient, near-effortless long-distance travel and other common Tesla
amenities such as free over-the-air updates (at least for now). It is also
quite noteworthy to see Jaguar specifically targeting existing Tesla owners,
and not other EV enthusiasts who drive electric cars like the Chevy Bolt and
the Nissan Leaf.

It should be noted that Jaguar’s recent marketing efforts appear to be quite
Tesla-focused as of late. Apart from this recent marketing push, printed
I-PACE materials also mention comparisons to Tesla and its electric
vehicles.

[share
https://twitter.com/IntelligratedDW/status/1160332353983717376/photo/1
    Now why would @Jaguar mention the @tesla #modelx 3 times while trying to
sell thier #ipace? You're just bringing attention to how good @tesla has
done! pic.twitter.com/MEAsfmd5ML
    — DW (@IntelligratedDW) August 10, 2019
]

The Jaguar I-PACE has earned multiple awards since its release. Just this
past April, the I-PACE beat out its fellow “Tesla Competitor,” the Audi
e-tron, to win the 2019 World Car of the Year, the World Car Design of the
Year, and World Green Car of the Year awards. Overall, the I-PACE had
gathered over 60 international awards from automotive industry groups and
media publishers in areas such as design, handling and performance,
technological innovation, and passenger safety.

The I-PACE appears to be experiencing some growing pains, with only select
dealers in the United States being knowledgeable about the vehicle. This
results in an ownership experience that has a hefty room for improvement.
The I-PACE was also hit by a recall last June over a fault in the vehicle’s
regenerative braking system, which could result in an “increased delay” when
a driver hits the brakes and when the SUV begins slowing down.
[read comments: The car for "funny" people] ... [© teslarati.com]

+
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/08/gm-benchmarking-audi-e-tron-at-milford-proving-grounds/
GM Benchmarking Audi E-Tron At Milford Proving Grounds
Aug 8, 2019  Now, we have further evidence of The General's future
all-electric crossover ... reports of an entire convoy of non-GM electric
vehicles headed to Milford ... also included ... iPace, yet another
electron-only premium crossover model ...
http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/2019-Audi-e-tron-at-GM-Milford-Proving-Grounds-001-720x480.jpg

Re: $3K-Tesla-Conquest incentive Only4 Tesla owners> (LOL-marketing)

Yea, I got a 30 page brochure booklet in the mail shortly after I registered my Tesla.
It doesn't say much .... mostly full of pictures.
It did have a table comparing it to the Tesla although it wasn't an actual comparison since it put N/A on much of the Tesla entries such as leather seats.
maybe they think we are stupid.

On 13 Aug 2019 at 9:25, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> It is also quite noteworthy to see Jaguar specifically targeting
> existing Tesla owners, and not other EV enthusiasts who drive electric
> cars like the Chevy Bolt and the Nissan Leaf.

It seems to me that Leaf and Bolt owners ("Leaf and Bolt" kind of sounds
like the name of an English pub) aren't too likely to lay down the kind of
money needed to buy a Jaguar, either ICEV or EV.

I don't see them converting many Tesla owners, either, so this smells like
yet another designed-to-fail strategy to "prove" that EVs don't sell.

Every time I read about some kind of incentive an automaker is offering, I
think about the ad campaign Toyota ran in (IIRC) the 1980s.  At the time,
rebates were the big strategy for selling Ford/GM/Chrysler cars that
Americans didn't really like that much in a slow US economy. Toyota took out
full page magazine ads that said, in large friendly letters, something close
to "You know all those rebates that other automakers are offering?  At
Toyota, we think that if you build good cars, you shouldn't have to pay
people to buy them."

s/Toyota/Tesla/g

Re: $3K-Tesla-Conquest incentive Only4 Tesla owners> (LOL-marketing)

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image1.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 96969 bytes
Desc: not available

Re: $3K-Tesla-Conquest incentive Only4 Tesla owners> (LOL-marketing)

The only weird thing I see is that the range number has asterisks and there's no number for the Tesla.

Otherwise it look like a typical marketing comparison.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone