6.2v Zeners sold out

Midelectric
I've been rounding up parts to build a set of Lee Hart's Zener balancers but
it appears supplies of 6.2V Zeners are severely constrained; all the regular
US suspects (Mouser, Newark, Digi-Key) are out of stock (well, Digi-Key has
1 left)  with indicated lead times of around 3-4 months.  Anyone know where
these can be found or, OT, know why supplies are low (are they used in the
iPad)?

Thanks,
Suhas
1989 AC eMR2

Re: 6.2v Zeners sold out

rodhower
Future Electronics has 2,700 in stock, 1N5341B

http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/Search.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:ManufacturerPartNumberUpshiftedSearch|*1n5341*|1|,Ny:True,Nea:True

or short URL,
http://tinyurl.com/2wrk8lg

> it appears supplies of 6.2V Zeners are severely
> constrained; all the regular
> US suspects (Mouser, Newark, Digi-Key) are out of stock
> (well, Digi-Key has
> 1 left)  with indicated lead times of around 3-4
> months.  Anyone know where
> these can be found or, OT, know why supplies are low (are
> they used in the
> iPad)?
>
> Thanks,
> Suhas
> 1989 AC eMR2

Re: 6.2v Zeners sold out

Mark Farver-3
> --- On Fri, 9/17/10, Suhas Malghan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> months.  Anyone know where
>> these can be found or, OT, know why supplies are low (are
>> they used in the
>> iPad)?

Supplies of everything is low.  I think the distributors decided that
could not afford such large inventories, or could not get the credit
they needed during last years downturn. Almost all of my designs have
more than half their parts on backorder.  It is making procurement a
lot more interesting.. the good news is it has been getting slowly
better since the first of the year.

--
Mark Farver
REVOLT Custom Electric Vehicles

Re: 6.2v Zeners sold out

Peter VanDerWal
These folks have them cheap
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/servlet/the-180/1N4735-ZENER-DIODE-1W/Detail

> I've been rounding up parts to build a set of Lee Hart's Zener balancers
> but
> it appears supplies of 6.2V Zeners are severely constrained; all the
> regular
> US suspects (Mouser, Newark, Digi-Key) are out of stock (well, Digi-Key
> has
> 1 left)  with indicated lead times of around 3-4 months.  Anyone know
> where
> these can be found or, OT, know why supplies are low (are they used in the
> iPad)?
>
> Thanks,
> Suhas
> 1989 AC eMR2

Re: 6.2v Zeners sold out

drdhdmd
That is a good price but on the wrong part.  Those are only rated at 1
Watt...
Lee's circuit calls for a 5 Watt part

Thank  you,

Dave Delman
1981 Electric DeLorean  Project
electricdelorean.com
http://evalbum.com/1482

In a message dated 9/18/2010 2:07:18 A.M. Atlantic Standard Time,

From:  [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [EVDL] 6.2v Zeners sold out
To: "Electric  Vehicle Discussion List" <[hidden email]>

These folks have them  cheap
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/servlet/the-180/1N4735-ZENER-DIODE-1W/Detail

6.2v Zeners found

R Willis
Kitchener, Ontario

orion electronics  519-576-9902

1n5234b   = 100 part

sayal 519-650-0186

1n7534

27 x 4 per pack

these have stock and can both ship

Re: 6.2v Zeners found

Lee Hart
On 9/20/2010 11:14 AM, R Willis wrote:
> 1n5234b
> 1n7534

The 1N5234 is a 0.5 watt zener (too small for a balancer). The 1N7534
doesn't appear to exist.

Re: 6.2v Zeners found

R Willis
saw it after i posted you needed bigger ones
these were 1 watt and under