6 cell lfp pcm needed

Peakfoto Digital Photo Still n Video
6  cell lfp pcm needed
I have a yard blower than comes with a wimpy 4 am battery, like 10 minutes worth of blowing.

I have  some 40ah TS . but I need a 6 cell pcm.  that 'll balance while charging and LVC/HVC also.

high speed on the blower draws 20 amps. and maybe 30 starting. this  are one is hard to find.
on top of that I'd like to find a manufactor/ country that treats employees with respect .

can't seem to find a american seller. any ideas?

Re: 6 cell lfp pcm needed

jerry freedomev
Hi Peak and All,

               Try this maybe from earlier posts
       I found this new Li battery charge, monitor and possible cell balancer like Lee's  does though electronically and at far, far less parts count.

AS8506 smart cell-monitoring ICs

                  But I don't have the expertise to tell if this is a good IC for a quality but low cost BMS with active balancing but if it is will  cut the cost of installing lithium and keeping them alive at a reasonable cost. It sells for $9.10 in 1,000 lots for the IC and each covers 7 cells.

                  It seems to be for E bikes but can it work on higher amphr cells?

,
Cor's answer,

The datasheet says it is a monitor/balancer.
Balance current is 100mA and what I understand from
the description is that a single external resistor is
multiplexed between the high cells, so worst case if you have
1 low cell and 6 high cells, each high cell effectively
is connected to the resistor 1/6th of the time
So - balancing is very minimal but may be enough if the
pack si allowed time to balance and the imbalance is small.
Note that each chip draws from the batteries that it is monitoring,
so if there is imbalance in the supply current between chips
then that can be a cause of imbalance in the pack even though
that draw is 1000 times smaller than the balancing current.
Note that the chip is autonomous - it does not need an external
controller to do the balancing.
Balancing can be passive (resistor) or active (I presume pumping the
energy from the high cells into a low cell)

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Email: [hidden email]    Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
Skype: cor_van_de_water     XoIP: +31877841130
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        Tel: +91 (040)23117400 x203

On Saturday, April 19, 2014 1:27 AM, Peakfoto Digital Photo Still n Video <[hidden email]> wrote:

6  cell lfp pcm needed
I have a yard blower than comes with a wimpy 4 am battery, like 10 minutes worth of blowing.

I have  some 40ah TS . but I need a 6 cell pcm.  that 'll balance while charging and LVC/HVC also.

high speed on the blower draws 20 amps. and maybe 30 starting. this  are one is hard to find.
on top of that I'd like to find a manufactor/ country that treats employees with respect .

can't seem to find a american seller. any ideas?

Re: 6 cell lfp pcm needed

Michael Ross
I did a sort of survey this winter, and for just a few cells, EVTV was
good.  You will probably pay around $55 each at best.  I gather out side
the US some people can get a better deal.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Peakfoto Digital Photo Still n Video <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> 6  cell lfp pcm needed
> I have a yard blower than comes with a wimpy 4 am battery, like 10 minutes
> worth of blowing.
>
> I have  some 40ah TS . but I need a 6 cell pcm.  that 'll balance while
> charging and LVC/HVC also.
>
> high speed on the blower draws 20 amps. and maybe 30 starting. this  are
> one is hard to find.
> on top of that I'd like to find a manufactor/ country that treats
> employees with respect .
>
> can't seem to find a american seller. any ideas?

*Dalai Lama *

Tell me what it is you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver, "The summer day."

Thomas A. Edison<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasaed125362.html>

*Warren Buffet*

Michael E. Ross
(919) 550-2430 Land
(919) 631-1451 Cell
(919) 513-0418 Desk

[hidden email]
<[hidden email]>

ElectricIndy.com and Electric-Indy.com are on auction site.

Michael Kadie
We are concentrating on our battery management system and other products and
are retiring the Electric Indy Car project. We are selling off the domains
ElectricIndy.com and Electric-Indy.com in public auction.
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?&miid=133212670 and
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?&miid=133260667

The BMS has a nominal current drain of well under 1 ma (tested alpha version
at 0.300), does 4 cells per module, and communicates to master BMS via 2.4
ghz radio.  Master BMS is still being worked on.  First 100 cell monitor
boards are at manufacture and will be tested in San Diego area starting this
month with the Master BMS software being developed.   Master BMS features
LCD, data logging, USB, CAN (with CAN control of Current Ways charger),
relay drivers, inductive current driver, and state of charge.  All of these
pieces I have used on previous projects and it is time for me to put it all
together.  More details will be coming, probably in a month or two.  The in
our 3rd BMS board to go to manufacturing and 7th generation of the board.

Michael Kadie
www.SSI-Racing.com

Re: 6 cell lfp pcm needed

David Nelson-5
With so few cells just bottom balance the cells at 2.7V and then charge
them to 3.5v average and stop. Unless those cells have internal shorts that
setup will work fine. My 200Ah 20 cell TS pack has been doing fine with no
balancing for a couple of years (cells mfg 11-2009) and my 8 cell 20Ah GBS
pack in my push mower appears to work just fine though it is just starting
its first full season. With just 6 cells you can easily convince your self
through data collection that you don't need constant balancing.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 22:21 PM, Peakfoto Digital Photo Still n Video <
[hidden email]> wrote:

6  cell lfp pcm needed
I have a yard blower than comes with a wimpy 4 am battery, like 10 minutes
worth of blowing.

I have  some 40ah TS . but I need a 6 cell pcm.  that 'll balance while
charging and LVC/HVC also.

high speed on the blower draws 20 amps. and maybe 30 starting. this  are
one is hard to find.
on top of that I'd like to find a manufactor/ country that treats employees
with respect .

can't seem to find a american seller. any ideas?

David D. Nelson

Sent from MetroMail for Windows Phone

Re: ElectricIndy.com and Electric-Indy.com are on auction site.

Len Moskowitz
Michael,

Please put me on your mailing list for these BMS items.

Len

> We are concentrating on our battery management system and other products
> and are retiring the Electric Indy Car project. We are selling off the
> domains ElectricIndy.com and Electric-Indy.com in public auction.
> https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?&miid=133212670 and
> https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?&miid=133260667
>
> The BMS has a nominal current drain of well under 1 ma (tested alpha
> version at 0.300), does 4 cells per module, and communicates to master BMS
> via 2.4 ghz radio.  Master BMS is still being worked on.  First 100 cell
> monitor boards are at manufacture and will be tested in San Diego area
> starting this month with the Master BMS software being developed.   Master
> BMS features LCD, data logging, USB, CAN (with CAN control of Current Ways
> charger), relay drivers, inductive current driver, and state of charge.
> All of these pieces I have used on previous projects and it is time for me
> to put it all together.  More details will be coming, probably in a month
> or two.  The in our 3rd BMS board to go to manufacturing and 7th
> generation of the board.
>
> Michael Kadie
> www.SSI-Racing.com

SSI-Racing BMS V7 was Re: ElectricIndy.com and Electric-Indy.com are on auctionsite.

Michael Kadie
Here is the link to the BMS living document with open comments.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15lx9kAo-tOk1pbwMJ7XIS9o25TLYGVhwXx601ByZrXQ/edit?usp=sharing

I will keep it updated and will post when I'm ready for the second board
run, which will probably be a full on kickstarter.

Also I added you to the new BMS mailing contact list.

Michael
Please put me on your mailing list for these BMS items.

Len

> We are concentrating on our battery management system and other products
> and are retiring the Electric Indy Car project. We are selling off the
> domains ElectricIndy.com and Electric-Indy.com in public auction.
> https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?&miid=133212670 and
> https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?&miid=133260667
>
> The BMS has a nominal current drain of well under 1 ma (tested alpha
> version at 0.300), does 4 cells per module, and communicates to master BMS
> via 2.4 ghz radio.  Master BMS is still being worked on.  First 100 cell
> monitor boards are at manufacture and will be tested in San Diego area
> starting this month with the Master BMS software being developed.   Master
> BMS features LCD, data logging, USB, CAN (with CAN control of Current Ways
> charger), relay drivers, inductive current driver, and state of charge.
> All of these pieces I have used on previous projects and it is time for me
> to put it all together.  More details will be coming, probably in a month
> or two.  The in our 3rd BMS board to go to manufacturing and 7th
> generation of the board.
>
> Michael Kadie
> www.SSI-Racing.com

Re: ElectricIndy.com and Electric-Indy.com are on auction site.

EV professor
Let me get this straight, you are trying to auction off these two domain
names, " electricindy.com " and "electric-indy.com" and you have them up
for auction on "auctions.godaddy.com" is that right?  You have to be
kidding. They are worth nothing, you should give them away, to avoid paying
the fees for them next year. Or just don't pay the fees, and the will cease
to exist. Now,  I am sure you paid hundreds for them, but, that is all gone
like your rent payments. I use "www.doteasy.com" and they charge as little
as $25 per year for registration and hosting, that is why I have eight
domains and it only costs $200 per year total; and they provide free
software for you to do your own web site development, or you can do as I do
and pay an I.T. professional to generate your web site to your
specifications. But, your domain will cost me as much a new one to set up,
so where is the value you want to sell...  The internet is not a
condominium where you have equity, a web site is more closely related to a
newspaper advertisement, it is only rented space, you never own it. By the
way electric(-)indy. org- .net- .co- and a dozen more are available for
less than $25 per year just register with  www.whois.com or
www.doteasy.com.  Sorry to make light of the situation; but, the
comparison with an ad in
the newspaper is a valid one. you might pay a commercial artist to create a
beautiful ad. But, the paper publishes only for the term you pay for and
no-one will buy the space in the paper from you, because you do not own it.
The registration fee and the hosting fee is RENT not EQUITY on the
Internet...

*Dennis Lee Miles *

*Director   **E.V.T.I. Inc.*

*E-Mail:*  *[hidden email]* <[hidden email]>

   *Phone #* *(863) 944-9913*

Dade City, Florida 33523

 USA