A Living legend - Dave Cloud has passed from this LIFE

A Living legend - Dave Cloud has passed from this LIFE

Words can not describe the sadness I am feeling this afternoon. Loy,
Dave Cloud's wife, just called me and told me that Dave passed away
earlier today.

His life work will be remembered long after many of us join him in that
Big EV Garage in the Sky.

He was like a brother in arms to me.  We dreamed big dreams together.
The big difference is that money or the lack of hardware never stopped
him from just going to the work shop and making it happen.

Here are just a few pictures I have found and put together over the last
two days.

( https://www.flickr.com/photos/23079348@N08/sets/72157691669366944/ )

Rest in Peace my friend...

Steven S Lough
PRESIDENT EMERITUS
Seattle EV Association
Web:  www.seattleeva.org
206 524 1351

Re: A Living legend - Dave Cloud has passed from this LIFE

Oh oh oh...  Rest in Peace Dave and my condolences to Loy and his family.  I remember him coming to many REV! shows (now called Electrafest) here in Vancouver Canada.  He would bring a couple of his electrathon cars to race and to show the high school kids what was possible.  They didn’t look much different from the kids versions but many seemingly minor engineering adjustments made them go so much faster.  I am know many of the kids spent time looking at them, talking to him and taking his lessons to heart.  A man with a big heart.

Regards,
Lawrence Harris
Vancouver Electric Vehicle Association
[hidden email]

> On Jan 19, 2018, at 15:56, Steven Lough via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Words can not describe the sadness I am feeling this afternoon. Loy,  Dave Cloud's wife, just called me and told me that Dave passed away earlier today.
>
> His life work will be remembered long after many of us join him in that Big EV Garage in the Sky.
>
> He was like a brother in arms to me.  We dreamed big dreams together.  The big difference is that money or the lack of hardware never stopped him from just going to the work shop and making it happen.
>
> Here are just a few pictures I have found and put together over the last two days.
>
> ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/23079348@N08/sets/72157691669366944/ )
>
> Rest in Peace my friend...

> Steven S Lough
> PRESIDENT EMERITUS
> Seattle EV Association
> Web:  www.seattleeva.org
> 206 524 1351

Re: A Living legend - Dave Cloud has passed from this LIFE

What a shock, and what a sad day, losing another of the EV world's guiding
lights.  I regret to say that I never had a chance to meet David personally,
but I've been aware of his immense contributions for decades.  We will long
remember him.