A Microsoft EV> (now all the jokes have come true) (v)

A Microsoft EV> (now all the jokes have come true) (v)

https://winbuzzer.com/2018/07/06/microsoft-azure-enables-electric-autonomous-bus-in-germany-xcxwbn/
Microsoft Azure Enables Electric, Autonomous Bus in Germany
July 6, 2018  Ryan Maskell  e.Go Digital

[image
https://winbuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/e-go-mover-official-696x391.jpg

video
https://youtu.be/0pdQx6nuwxw
Enthüllung des e.GO Mover
]

The e.GO mover uses Microsoft Azure to power its safe and smart driving in
traffic, with the ultimate goal of eliminating city center traffic entirely.
The bus will debut in three German cities next year.

Microsoft has spoken at length about its plans to provide an autonomous car
infrastructure, but it’s made little mention of public transport. Though
self-driving electric vehicles will undoubtedly change the world, busses
could provide an even lower environmental impact.

e.Go Digital is looking to provide that solution in Germany, and Microsoft’s
Azure platform is powering it. The first prototype can transport up to
fifteen people with on-demand pickups and drop-offs, navigating city traffic
for up to ten hours. The e.Go Mover uses a cloud connection with Azure to
power this safe and smart driving through urban environments.

Talking to Microsoft, e.Go Digital CEO Casimir Ortilieb spoke about the
company’s short-term plans.

“We’re planning to showcase it in three cities: Aachen, in western Germany,
where we manufacture the bus; Munich, because we think that will be a nice
place to show what the Mover can do; and Friedrichshafen, in southern
Germany, home to one of our main partners, ZF, a systems supplier,” said
Ortlieb.

Street Smarts

The e.GO Mover will make its first debut in 2019, but the company has grand
plans to completely phase out traffic in inner cities. With a shared system
of on-demand electric transport, Ortlieb believes his company can greatly
reduce CO2 emissions and pollution, as well as increasing public safety.

First, though, significant training is required for the AI algorithms that
power the system. However, once perfected, it could be used for anything
from transportation to a cloud-connected food cart. In the future, Azure may
also be able to help with monetization.

“e.GO Digital is building different digital business models around the
Mover. For example, imagine that advertisements of local businesses can be
displayed on the bus. We need a platform to manage that,” said Ortlieb.

“So yes, other players could finance mobility. Maybe it’s financed by local
shops that display their advertisements on the windows of buses in augmented
reality. We think that with that technology, mobility could be far more
affordable or even free of charge.”
[© scmp.com  2018 South China Morning Post] winbuzzer.com
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=Ele.me
search evdl archive  Ele.me

Microsoft  EV
http://www.engr.mun.ca/~whitt/humor/microsoft.html
  - A particular model car wouldn't be available until after that year
instead of the year it was built.
  - Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to buy a new
car.
  - Occasionally, your car would just die for no reason, and you'd have to
restart it. For some strange reason, you'd just accept this.
  - You could only have one person in a car at a time, unless you bought a
Car 95 or a Car NT. But then you'd have to buy more seats.
  - Sun Motorsystems would make a car that was powered by the sun, twice as
reliable, and five times as fast - but it would only run on 5 percent of the
roads.
  - The oil, engine, gas and alternator warning lights would be replaced by
a single "General Car Fault" warning light.
  - People would get excited about "new" features in Microsoft cars,
forgetting completely that they had been available in other cars for years.
  - We'd all have to switch to Microsoft gas.
  - The U.S. government would be getting subsidies from an automaker,
instead of giving them.
  - New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.
[video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QUXOFA1Z9o
If Microsoft made cars - 6:51
Feb 26, 2018 - Uploaded by WILLS EASY GUITAR PLUS
if microsoft made cars. i dont think i need to make a more detailed
description ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=if+microsoft+made+cars
search  if microsoft made cars
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Microsoft-s-GPS-app-to-find-EVSE-comes-pre-racist-tp4286701.html
EVLN: Microsoft's GPS app to find EVSE comes pre-racist
Microsoft's newly-patented "avoid ghetto" app "defines crime statistics as
products of race and class identity
Microsoft "Avoid Ghetto" App Draws Controversy Is an app that...
Jan 11, 2012