ANGUS returning to Norwalk Wednesday night

ANGUS returning to Norwalk Wednesday night

lawlessind
Lawless Racing is headed back up the Ohio Turnpike Wednesday afternoon
to Norwalk, OH and will be toting the ANGUS motorycle for the first
time since June.  ANGUS is fit with a beautiful new clear Lexan A123
battery pack and should have two Zilla 2K's by tomorrow afternoon.  We
will as well be breaking in a brand new M&H tire.  The OBS dragster is
ready to go but is waiting for the 1/8th mile at Quaker City on Friday
night.  Norwalk is extremely popular and it will be tough to get in
more than a couple of runs but it is smooooooooth track with a good
shutdown.  Just the thing when your looking for 160+ MPH.

Shawn

Re: ANGUS returning to Norwalk Wednesday night

KilowattA798
In a message dated 8/11/2009 2:52:57 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> ubj: [EVDL] ANGUS returning to Norwalk Wednesday night
> Date:8/11/2009 2:52:57 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Lawless Racing is headed back up the Ohio Turnpike Wednesday afternoon
> to Norwalk, OH and will be toting the ANGUS motorycle for the first
> time since June.  ANGUS is fit with a beautiful new clear Lexan A123
> battery pack and should have two Zilla 2K's by tomorrow afternoon.  We
> will as well be breaking in a brand new M&H tire.  The OBS dragster is
> ready to go but is waiting for the 1/8th mile at Quaker City on Friday
> night.  Norwalk is extremely popular and it will be tough to get in
> more than a couple of runs but it is smooooooooth track with a good
> shutdown.  Just the thing when your looking for 160+ MPH.
>
> Shawn

160mph would be great but I will be pulling for you to run close to the mid
7s,but leave that 7.50- for the current eliminator dragster please! Nah, GO
for it
Dennis Berube

Re: ANGUS returning to Norwalk Wednesday night

rodhower

Shawn,
Good luck on your runs and be safe, wish I could be there!
Rod

> to Norwalk, OH and will be toting the ANGUS motorycle for
> the first
> time since June.  ANGUS is fit with a beautiful new
> clear Lexan A123
> battery pack and should have two Zilla 2K's by tomorrow
> afternoon.  We
> will as well be breaking in a brand new M&H tire.
> The OBS dragster is
> ready to go but is waiting for the 1/8th mile at Quaker
> City on Friday
> night.  Norwalk is extremely popular and it will be
> tough to get in
> more than a couple of runs but it is smooooooooth track
> with a good
> shutdown.  Just the thing when your looking for 160+
> MPH.
>
> Shawn

Re: ANGUS returning to Norwalk Wednesday night

Bill Dube
You will love the M&H tire. Just 19 lbs and has a much larger contact
patch than the MT equivalent that weighs exactly the same. Start at
about 7 psi. If it howls and does not slap, drop 1/4 psi. You want to
be right on the very edge of tire slap.

Go easy on the first pass and roll on the throttle off the line to
make sure the bike runs straight, stops correctly, and to get a feel
for the track surface. You also want a modest first run to warm up
the cells, and to then put a fresh charge in the pack to cycle the
cells to full performance. (Stale charge gives very poor
performance.) Then bump up the Zilla settings to make a decent launch
and top-end pull. _Then_ get aggressive on the settings. :-) Take it
a step at a time and it will be safer and you will actually get the
bike running as quick as it can in fewer passes.

You can find the "edge" on the traction and weight transfer if you
grip 100% and go 100% straight on the first pass. You can look at the
video and see how the tire deforms and the weight transfers and get
at least a feeling on how much more you can turn it up. If you spin
or wheelie or have to lift on the first pass, you learn almost
nothing. You have to start with the bike behaving smoothly in all
aspects to increase the settings intelligently. You have to see
settings that grip and run the bike straight before you bump them up
to a point where grip and handling may not be ideal to get some idea
where the optimal settings are.

It takes a truly professional-level rider to run a fast bike slow,
but that is the very best strategy on that first pass after
modifications (and transport.) I've been doing this for over ten
years, so trust me on this. Don't fire both barrels on the first
pass. You will hunt for settings forever trying to get the bike back
from "over the edge."

Bill Dube'

At 03:51 PM 8/11/2009, you wrote:

>Lawless Racing is headed back up the Ohio Turnpike Wednesday afternoon
>to Norwalk, OH and will be toting the ANGUS motorycle for the first
>time since June.  ANGUS is fit with a beautiful new clear Lexan A123
>battery pack and should have two Zilla 2K's by tomorrow afternoon.  We
>will as well be breaking in a brand new M&H tire.  The OBS dragster is
>ready to go but is waiting for the 1/8th mile at Quaker City on Friday
>night.  Norwalk is extremely popular and it will be tough to get in
>more than a couple of runs but it is smooooooooth track with a good
>shutdown.  Just the thing when your looking for 160+ MPH.
>
>Shawn

Re: ANGUS returning to Norwalk Wednesday night

lawlessind
Thanks Bill.  Our return to the track has been postponed till Friday
night.  We had a last minute brake issue that delayed completion of the
bike.  Given the 2 1/2 hr run to Norwalk we would arrive tonight right
at the end of test and tune.

Shawn