Amp Meter Shunt and stuff

gottdi
I am needing to find a good resource for amp meter voltage meters with sunts. I will be needing the cable lugs and crimpers and shrink wrap. I can get cable here local. My controller is on the way and I want to have as much as possible ready. I have a few sources but need some more to choose from. Remember I am building on a budget. So if any of you have spare stuff and need to sell it off I am game. Send photos of what you have off list and prices you may want for your parts.

It really is hard to search through all the rambling on this list. I do keep trying. Learning more each day.

Thanks for all the input.

Pete  :  )

http://onegreenev.blogspot.com/
No need to wait any longer. You can now buy one off the shelf. You can still build one too.

Re: Amp Meter Shunt and stuff

SteveS-5
gottdi wrote:
> I am needing to find a good resource for amp meter voltage meters with sunts.

As I mentioned the other day, you can make a shunt out of an appropriate
length of wire. Then use  a couple of cheap DVMs (as low as$3 from
Harbor Freight or the like). Can't get much cheaper than that. Just
don't expect extreme accuracy and low temperature drift.

- SteveS

Re: Amp Meter Shunt and stuff

gottdi
Steve,

I remember but I'd rather have accuracy. Properly made stuff is
around and not being used and that is what I am after. I found some
of what I need.

Thanks
Pete

On Feb 24, 2008, at 3:42 PM, SteveS wrote:

> don't expect extreme accuracy

http://onegreenev.blogspot.com/
No need to wait any longer. You can now buy one off the shelf. You can still build one too.

Re: Amp Meter Shunt and stuff

Doug Weathers

On Feb 23, 2008, at 9:47 PM, gottdi wrote:

> I am needing to find a good resource for amp meter voltage meters
> with sunts.

I bought a voltmeter and ammeter with shunt from these guys:

<http://stores.ebay.com/e-MadeinCHN>

following a tip from the EV List.

Very good prices.  $17.50 for a DC 500A 3-1/2 digit ammeter, with shunt.

Note that you'll need to provide your own 5v power supply (and a panel
to mount it to).

I plan to use them on my battery tester, and if I like them, put it
into my EV to tell me what the charger is up to.

If they don't work very well, they were cheap :)

> I will be needing the cable lugs and crimpers and shrink wrap. I can
> get
> cable here local. My controller is on the way and I want to have as
> much as
> possible ready. I have a few sources but need some more to choose
> from.
> Remember I am building on a budget. So if any of you have spare
> stuff and
> need to sell it off I am game. Send photos of what you have off list
> and
> prices you may want for your parts.
>
> It really is hard to search through all the rambling on this list. I
> do keep
> trying. Learning more each day.
>
> Thanks for all the input.
>
> Pete  :  )

Doug Weathers
Las Cruces, NM, USA
<http://www.gdunge.com/>

Re: Amp Meter Shunt and stuff

Josh and Jenifer
I have some heavy duty heat shrink, and a hammer crimper that I could sell.
I haven't gotton the pictures on my site yet.

Josh
www.jcsevparts.com