Amps/speed efficiency ratio on Electric boat hulls

Amps/speed efficiency ratio on Electric boat hulls

Mark Hanson-2

Here’s the results some folk's wanted on the Jerry Dycus E-Cat hull design,

 I ran the same trolling motor that did 52A at 5.1mph on the E-Cat www.evalbum.com/2749 1790 lbs (a 10.2 ratio of 10.2A per mph)

And got 55A at 4.2 mph on a 21’ party barge suntracker 1830 lbs (the 18’ rental was taken)  (a 13.1 ratio of 13.1A/mph)

So the E-Cat has 28% better efficiency in this test.  It still might be good to find an actual 18’ pontoon.

Best regards,
Mark
www.reevadiy.org community service EV & RE club

Re: Amps/speed efficiency ratio on Electric boat hulls

Stephen Chapman
Hi Mark,
How did you measure the speed, by GPS?  If so, did you average a round trip
to negate current and wind?
Stephen Chapman