Anyone Taken Legal Action Against Electro Automotive?

Anyone Taken Legal Action Against Electro Automotive?

George Wagner
The EVDL Archives reveal many people have sent Electro Automotive a lot of cash, but did not receive their orders, and a few have mentioned taking legal action.  Has anyone been successful at suing EA to get their money back?  I tried going through the Better Business Bureau, but EA did not bother to reply to their inquiry.  So legal action is my last resort, and I would be interested in learning other people's experience going this route.

By the way, it may be time to remove Electro Auto from the EV Album Links, under "EV parts suppliers".  A lot of people - myself included - have not been supplied their parts from these folks for some time now.

If you prefer, feel free to email me off-list at george.wagner829@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

George Wagner

Re: Anyone Taken Legal Action Against Electro Automotive?

Cruisin
This post was updated on .
Contact the Santa Cruz DA and file a SC case against them. Chances of collecting are very slim as they are imbedded in a lot of law suits with the county for their business practices. By the way, there was a couple of warnings about these people a couple of years ago on this board and other forums. People tend to buy trying to save a $$ and get caught by scammers like in the State of Washington. There are a couple more out there right now sucking them in for the kill. People fall for it to save a $.

Re: Anyone Taken Legal Action Against Electro Automotive?

Cor van de Water
My impression is that there is little to gain from legal
action for the simple fact that there is no money.
For as far as I know, they still hold conversion workshops
for the simple reason that they get some income from that
so they can survive, but there is no money to get the
supplies that would get unshipped orders fulfilled.
Note that this is all hearsay - I have not seen their
books or visited their property, but the reports that
I got were pretty consistent.

In fact, it would probably be possible if you have a
conversion project that you need help on, to bring in
EA and pay them for their work - that would mean that
they may be able to start funding their business again.
Note that this is not an endorsement, just a creative way
to allow EA to get their business running again without
upfront investment in supplies - their time and knowledge
can be put to use by bringing them over to work on your
project and this could help EA to cross the bridge and
become solvent again - I don't know how bad their situation
is, so use your own judgement and do your due diligence.

Chief Scientist
Skype: cor_van_de_water     XoIP: +31877841130
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        Tel: +91 (040)23117400 x203

Contact the Santa Cruz DA and file a SC case against them. Chances of
collecting are very slim as they are imbedded in a lot of law suits with
the county for their business practices. By the way, their was a couple
of warnings about these people a couple of years ago on this and other
forums.
People tend to buy trying to save a $$ and get caught by scammers like
in Washington. There are a couple more out there right now sucking them
in for the kill. People fall for it to save a $.

Nabble.com.

On 7 May 2012 at 13:55, Cruisin wrote:

> People tend to buy trying to save a $$ and get caught by scammers
> like in Washington.

I haven't paid attention every second, but I don't recall that EA has ever
offered any particular EV bargains, or attempted to appeal to the budget
minded buyer.

Back in the 1980s, when gasoline was cheap and few people were interested in
converting, EA were one of the "big three" in EV conversion parts -
suppliers that were generally considered well established and offered
conservative, well proven components.  The others were KTA Services and EV
America.

These three firms have all been trading for many years.  EA dates back to
'79, under the same management.  AFAIK Bob Batson is still running EV
America.  Only KTA Services has changed hands. Ken Koch was looking for a
buyer for years so he could retire from KTA, and finally sold the business a
couple of years ago.

I wouldn't presume to speak for EA on these or any other matters, but FWIW
it's been mentioned here that Mike Brown has some health problems.

David Roden
EVDL Administrator
http://www.evdl.org/