Are others having renewal or new policy auto insurance difficulty?

Are others having renewal or new policy auto insurance difficulty?

Dennis Miles
*I was asked by a friend if I heard any news about insuring a conversion as
it seems all the insurance companies have very recently put a high risk
status on home built converted vehicles. I know in the past it was never an
issue but it seems as if all the hype about OEM electrics has made trouble
because my friend was told only OEM EVs will be insured. Now I just heard
about it and everything is closed until Tuesday, for the Memorial Day
Holiday. My Friend ia located in the Tampa Bay Area, and I don't know if the
problem is everywhere, or localized, I also don't know how much coverage,
(Liability only, comprehensive, collision, and at what value added for the
conversion installation.??) So unless you have access to insurance company
memos, wait for an update with all the details so we can ask more valid
questions. (I am getting all of this second hand.)
Dennis Lee Miles   (Director)    .
www.E-V-T-I-Inc.COM
Phone (863) 944 - 9913
  It’s estimated that the existing U.S. electrical grid has sufficient
capacity
to fully fuel three-quarters of the nation’s 217 million passenger vehicles.
*

Re: Are others having renewal or new policy auto insurance difficulty?

Seth Rothenberg
I have not heard about insurance,
but a friend took his Solectria Force
to be inspected at the special inspection
place in Morristown, NJ, and the inspector
said something about people doing conversions
thinking they will have an easy inspection.
(though I know of one local conversion
that was inspected with ease ).

Looking forward to hearing more.