Bad news and good news...and hope for...

Bad news and good news...and hope for...

pachai1

I just thought I would share my small step...
Bad news, my Camry died at a busy time for me.

Good news, I bought my first WORKING electric vehicle -
A 2004 Prius (2nd Gen).

OK, it's a Hybrid, but I'm learning to spend time
in EV mode, and hope to put in the EV mode button
as soon as I am comfortable that it's in good condition.

I'm thinking I'll try to buy a used Prius battery pack
to use for a Plug-In Prius, as soon as the How-To gets
more fleshed out, and I get myself a Round Tuit.

one picture at
http://wlb62a.us
(site name may change if I get Vanity plates...)

Something to drive until I get my Freedom.

Seth in NJ
PS I think Black is not a good color for a car, but
the Green one in NJ was a Classic, and my research says
2004 is the ideal year for hacking...

Re: Bad news and good news...and hope for...

EVDL Administrator
On 24 Dec 2007 at 15:21, [hidden email] wrote:

> Good news, I bought my first WORKING electric vehicle -
> A 2004 Prius (2nd Gen).

Sorry to take the wind out of your sails, and perhaps I tend to over-react
on this, but a Prius is NOT an EV.

All its energy comes from gasoline.  It uses it quite efficiently (though
not as efficiently as it could if it were smaller and lighter), but it still
gets it from dead dinos.

The quasi-hybrids may be stepping stones to the real thing, but they are NOT
the real thing.  I could say a lot more on this subject, but it's probably
best to let it go at that.

Now, if you hack a plug onto it, that's another story.

David Roden
EVDL Administrator
http://www.evdl.org/

Re: Bad news and good news...and hope for...

mos6507-2
More like it gets it from dead phytoplankton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum#Biogenic_theory

I understand when people hear the word 'fossil' they immediately associate
it with dinosaurs, but I don't think actual direct dinosaurs matter
contributes much to fossil fuels.