Battery Cell Connection

Jeff Shanab
rush asked "Is it possible to create a *spacer/connector* that conforms
to the neg and pos ends of the A123 cells so that the surface area is
maximized?"

I am gonna say no.
In the altairnano, we are talking about the foil pouch style, correct?
you can put pressure on the tab without pushing on the cell's active parts.

In the 26650 cylindrical format the ends are the terminal, you can't put
pressure on the terminal without pushing on the cell itself. the more in
series the more pressure you would need, a recipe for disaster.

Re: Battery Cell Connection

evpage
I bought some Nicad cells from Batteries plus for a project and they spot welded tabs
on while I waited. Will this work here?
Rick

-------------- Original message from Dan Frederiksen <[hidden email]>: --------------