Best/Cheapest BMS for 84V 25S Li-Ion Pack

Best/Cheapest BMS for 84V 25S Li-Ion Pack

Hi Guys,

I blew my BMS today. Feels like an EV rite of passage.

It was a proprietary system from an older EV conversion by a now defunct UK
company so I have no way of discovering what's going on inside, I have been
unable to find any documentation.

My system is 84V from 25 Thundersky 160Ah batteries.  I have a Curtis 1238
Controller.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a BMS?

I've only managed to find Orion and Elithion that look convincing.

Many thanks,
Matthew

07966 806 727

Re: Best/Cheapest BMS for 84V 25S Li-Ion Pack

Cruisin
I have one on ebay 182233738922 for $100 which is a good buy.

Re: Best/Cheapest BMS for 84V 25S Li-Ion Pack

"Best" and "Cheapest" are typically at odds with each other. :-)

Derek Barger (HighTechSystems) sells all sorts of BMS. Worth checking out.
http://www.hightechsystemsllc.com
Send Derek an email: [hidden email]

Rich Rudman (Manzanita Micro) also has been selling BMS to the
hobbyist, probably longer than anyone I can think of. (Since 1995 as I recall).
http://www.manzanitamicro.com

Davide' Andreas (Elithion) also sells BMS, but they typically sell to
hobbyists through retail dealers.
http://elithion.com/
http://www.electriccarpartscompany.com/Elithion-Lithiumate-Lite-or-Pro-BMS-br-Lithium-Battery-BMS-br-LiFePO4-or-LiMn204_p_476.html

I have owned systems from all of these folks. Each system has its
unique advantages and disadvantages. They all work equally well, but
they all have a slightly different approach and perspective. Pick
which one suits your specific needs the best.

If you are drag racing or the like, I'd lean towards Derek.
If you need step-by-step installation instructions, Rich probably has
the easiest to follow instructions.
If you love all the bells and whistles, Davide' is a good match for you.

Bill D.