Best Leaf tires.

 The only info on the web is the Michelin MVX are bad. Ecopia good. Michelin energy savers are ok on Prius. Lawrence Rhodes

Re: Best Leaf tires.

On 3 Jul 2020 at 17:20, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:

>  The only info on the web is the Michelin MVX are bad. Ecopia go
> od.

I don't know what "go od" means.

> Michelin energy savers are ok on Prius.

Are you ASKING about Leaf tires, or SUGGESTING Leaf tires?

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

Re: Best Leaf tires.

We replaced the OEM Ecopia  M+S with the Bridgestone Ecopia EP 422 PLUS
version, which last longer than the OEM ones, and are happy with them.
( $122 a tire at TireRack.)
Jay

On 7/3/20 5:18 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:

> On 3 Jul 2020 at 17:20, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:
>
>>   The only info on the web is the Michelin MVX are bad. Ecopia go
>> od.
>
> I don't know what "go od" means.
>
>> Michelin energy savers are ok on Prius.
>
> Are you ASKING about Leaf tires, or SUGGESTING Leaf tires?
>
> David Roden, EVDL moderator & general lackey
>
> To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my
> offlist address here : http://evdl.org/help/index.html#supt

Best tires4 Leaf EVs

Best is a term that has different meanings to people.
-Do you want maximum range
-Maxium safety in rain/snow?
-are you into performance grip?
-Or do you just want to go cheap?
https://www.google.com/search?q=sale+tires+nissan+leaf

https://www.goodyear.com/?modal=true&liveChatEnabled=true&retaggingLaunchUrl=%25252F%25252Fassets.adobedtm.com%25252Flaunch-EN786b79de5697438cb1f8839bcd30487c.min.js&floodlightEnabled=true&siteName=Goodyear+Tires

This question was asked before on other threads:

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=lrr+tires&days=0&i=12&sort=date

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=leaf+tires&days=0&i=24

I have an EVnews post coming up where the e-golf owner dumped his
lrr tires for performance sticky tires. He gained traction but lost range.
Imo stay with lrr tires in your price range.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bridgestone+Ecopia+EP422+tires+nissan+leaf
 shows some leaf owners use the lrr Ecopia EP422 PLUS tires

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+nissan+low+rolling+resistance+leaf+tires
 shows the leaf forums have already discussed the best tires for leaf EVs.

For EVLN EV-newswire posts view:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/
https://mail-archive.com/ev@.../maillist.html

Re: Best Leaf tires.

I am getting an average of 4.9 miles per kwh. Looking for tires that meet or better, surpass this. Lawrence Rhodes     On Saturday, July 4, 2020, 09:35:02 AM PDT, Bruce Wolfe <[hidden email]> wrote:

 I really like the Nexen N'blue super low rolling resistance (SLRR) tires. They came stock on the Kia Soul EV I was leasing and seem to have been specially promoted for them. Limited sizes. Nonetheless, I enjoyed them immensely for the low rolling resistance and being very quiet. I could pump up the air pressure to the max and the car would just coast for quite a diatance. I per chance had two blowouts due to hidden potholes on a fast moving road and replaced the tires with some practically new used Bridgestone Potenzas. The road noise alone was deafening despite a significant increase in resistance. The N'blue has good traction in the rain, too. For touring and commuting at moderate speeds this is a good tire. Priced $90-$110 eachhttps://www.performanceplustire.com/tires-for-sale/nexen-tires/nblue-ev-3/

When shopping for tires for EVs there is a major difference in construction and specs. I lean to rolling resistance vs road noise level first is the hardest to spec out. Then add highest speed rating and tread wear.
Driving a used Chevy Bolt now it came with a different tire on each wheel. I couldn't find the Nexens in my wheel size. And I really didn't want to spend more than $500 for four. Did some weeks of research. They're not like buying shoes, right? So, I found a set of Sailun Atrezzo SVA1 at Big O Tires to try. It's a cheap tire at $55 each but I figured since the plan is for a new car in 2021 anyway and for just commuting SF to Marin the quieter the better plus good wet road traction let's give them a whirl.
So, very wide tread grooves makes for great wet road dispersement and traction but that can also lead to higher road noise. It's hard to tell whether it's the car's own drive train noise or the tires but they seem to be a slightly noisier than the Soul EV's Nexens but then I was spoiled and probably being too critical and sensitive. I hear them over old paved roads more at 35-50 mph. Nonetheless, at highway speeds not noticeable over the natural wind resistance of the Bolt's aerodynamics. Suffice to say still pretty quiet.https://www.bigotires.com/tires/sku/sailun/atrezzo-sva1/215-50r17-95w-xl/000000000001079787
Thanks for the indulgence.Bruce
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020, 10:20 AM Lawrence Rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:

 The only info on the web is the Michelin MVX are bad. Ecopia good. Michelin energy savers are ok on Prius. Lawrence Rhodes

_._,_._,_Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#277) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender| Mute This Topic| New Topic

Your Subscription |Contact Group Owner |Unsubscribe [[hidden email]]

_._,_._,_

Re: [GGEVA] Best Leaf tires.

 The Leaf has a ball system of energy consumption. It also has instant KWs used as a number on a sliding scale which is more precise. In general I use the two ball system. If I see three balls it's back off the throttle to two balls. I have found without much of a headwind 2 balls is 4 to 6 kwh per mile. I almost never drive above 55mph except down hill. I use no regen whenever possible and not needing braking. Braking of any sort including regen is loss of inertia. 55 mph is two balls.  Lawrence Rhodes

    On Saturday, July 4, 2020, 12:17:16 PM PDT, Bruce Wolfe <> wrote:

 I've never been able to get that much mileage in the Soul or Bolt EVs, no less, the short time using a Leaf with new tires. What's your secret, Lawrence?
On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 10:27 AM Lawrence Rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am getting an average of 4.9 miles per kwh. Looking for tires that meet or better, surpass this. Lawrence Rhodes     On Saturday, July 4, 2020, 09:35:02 AM PDT, Bruce Wolfe <> wrote:

[...]

View/Reply Online (#279) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender| Mute This Topic| New Topic

Your Subscription |Contact Group Owner |Unsubscribe [[hidden email]]
_._,_._,_

Re: Best Leaf tires.

Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:

> I am getting an average of 4.9 miles per kwh. Looking for tires that meet or better, surpass this. Lawrence Rhodes     On Saturday, July 4, 2020, 09:35:02 AM PDT, Bruce Wolfe <[hidden email]> wrote:

I replaced the tires on our 2013 Leaf earlier this year with Bridgestone
Ecopia EP422 Plus (bought at Tires Plus). The Leaf came with Ecopias, so
I stuck with them. No complaints. :-)

If happiness is on your mind, here's a daily list to find:
  - something to do
  - something to look forward to
  - someone to love
  - someone to take good care of
  - and misbehave, just a little

Re: [GGEVA] Best Leaf tires.

On 4 Jul 2020 at 20:08, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:

> The Leaf has a ball system of energy consumption ... In general I use
>  the two ball system.

Hmm.  That sounds a bit ... er ... odd.

I'd like a good old fashioned ammeter, please.  I'll settle for a digital
simulation, even one with an arbitrary scale.

How about a nice, obvious green-yellow-orange display?  Green means you're
driving efficiently; yellow means you're going a bit overboard; orange means
you're an outright wastrel and you need to tie a helium balloon to your
right shoe.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my