Best quality BMS

Andrew Wood
How do the various BMS systems stack up in terms of quality & value for
money. Im looking for one to go with 48 TS cells (120v). Probably 40Ah,
havent quite decided yet.

Andrew

Re: Best quality BMS

Mike Golub-2
any feedback on this guy?

http://www.all-battery.com/protectivepcbsforlifepo4.aspx

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Andrew Wood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do the various BMS systems stack up in terms of quality & value for
> money. Im looking for one to go with 48 TS cells (120v). Probably 40Ah,
> havent quite decided yet.
>
> Andrew

Re: Best quality BMS

Elithion
Andrew Wood wrote
How do the various BMS systems stack up in terms of quality & value for
money.
Here is a list of all Li-Ion BMSs:
http://liionbms.com/php/bms_options.php

I can't speak to quality and value, but I can point you to the graphs of price vs number of cells for most analog and digital BMSs:
http://liionbms.com/php/bms_options.php#Prices

m gol wrote
Great protectors... for your electric bicycle. Just don't try to use them for a full size EV: too many have tried and regretted it.

Davide Andrea
Elithion

Re: Best quality BMS

Lee Hart
On 5/21/2010 7:29 PM, Elithion wrote:
> Andrew Wood wrote:
>> How do the various BMS systems stack up in terms of quality & value for
>> money.

Quality is a tough call. You have to look at it with an experienced eye
to see how well made it appears to be. And, you need to have some field
experience to know whether your guesses were right or not!

> Here is a list of all Li-Ion BMSs:
> http://liionbms.com/php/bms_options.php
>
> I can't speak to quality and value, but I can point you to the graphs of
> price vs number of cells for most analog and digital BMSs:
> http://liionbms.com/php/bms_options.php#Prices

Under the heading of DIY BMS's, also take a look at my balancer at
http://www3.telus.net/nook/balancerland/

Re: Best quality BMS

Seth Rothenberg
One thing to look for is ease of installation.
I have a mix of an older release and a newer
release, and I can see there have been some
improvements.   If I could avoid 100 solder points,
I would at least smile a bit....

Think how hard it is to install
AA batteries in a kids toy.
Or maybe a 9V, which is a bit
harder.

That ought to be a long-term goal...

PS the one upside is the 100 solder points
sold me on buying a good solder station,
and it is worth it!