C-Zero 1st EV to travel the Eurotunnel, C-Zero & iOn based on i-MiEV

C-Zero 1st EV to travel the Eurotunnel, C-Zero & iOn based on i-MiEV

brucedp
Citroen C-Zero becomes first EV to use Eurotunnel
December 13th, 2010  by Susannah Mayers
Citroen's C-Zero has become the first electric vehicle (EV) to travel
through the Eurotunnel on its shuttle service ... as part of a
[Sunday Times feature] ... from London to Calais and back to Kent.

Mr Rufford, editor of InGear, said: "Jason and I are delighted to be
the first passengers through the tunnel in a production electric
vehicle ... [it] performed admirably, despite the terrible weather
conditions".

The vehicle is just 3.48m long, 1.48m wide and 1.60m high but offers
a spacious cabin with four seats and a 166-litre boot. It can reach a
top speed of 80mph, accelerate from zero to 62mph in 15.9 seconds
and has a range of up to 93 miles per charge ...
[Copyright © 2005-2010 Autobulbs Direct Ltd]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_C-ZERO
http://www.c-zero.citroen.com/#/uk/home

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101209/ANE/101209823/1193&flv=1
[image] PSA targets fleet market with Citroen C-Zero EV
Business customers will be able to reserve and pick up the C-Zero as
needed at locations around France.  Bruce Gain  Dec 9 2010
PARIS -- PSA/Peugeot-Citroen SA will offer its Citroen C-Zero EV to
business customers through a car-sharing service in France beginning
in January. ... [& will be] a large part of its EV business in France
and in the rest of Europe ... called Citroen Business Connected ...
Business customers will be able to reserve and pickup the C-Zero
models at locations around France beginning in January ... [&] will
offer car maintenance services and will ensure that the cars remain
charged. The car-sharing service will likely be available outside
France eventually ... The Citroen C-Zero and its sister model, the
Peugeot iOn, are based on the Mitsubishi i-MiEV.

http://www.theautochannel.com/F/news/2010/12/15/510845.html
Citroen C-Zero Confirmed For £5,000 Government Electric Vehicle Grant
SLOUGH, UNITED KINGDOM – December 15, 2010: Citroen has welcomed the
UK Government’s latest announcement concerning the £5,000 grant for
customers choosing plug-in electric vehicles from 1st January, 2011.
Earlier today, the grant was confirmed for nine plug-in and electric
cars, including Citroën’s new all-electric C-ZERO.

... In the UK, Citroën is offering a comprehensive ‘peace-of-mind’
package for both business and private users with the C-ZERO
available to lease at £415 per month (excl. VAT) over 4 years/40,000
miles. The offer includes the lease of the vehicle (with battery
pack) and all servicing and maintenance. First deliveries are
scheduled for early 2011 ...

With enjoyable performance and handling, the C-ZERO also delivers
impressively low running costs - a full re-charge costs approximately
£1.50. Other financial benefits include free VED and free parking in
a number of UK locations. As a full-electric vehicle, C-ZERO also
qualifies for a 100% discount against the London Congestion Charge
from 4th January 2011. Drivers could save around £2,500 a year based
on 250 working days at the new £10 day rate

http://www.carpages.co.uk/peugeot/peugeot-i0n-16-12-10.asp
[image] The Peugeot i0n Eligible For The Government Plug-In Car Grant
16th December 2010
The Transport Secretary, Phillip Hammond and Business Minister Mark
Prisk announced that the all new electric car, the Peugeot i0n will
be eligible for the £5,000 Government Plug-In Car Grant ...
[carpages.co.uk © 1999 - 2010]

http://www.energyefficiencynews.com/policy/i/3625/
Irish Government signs electric car deal with Peugeot Citroën
06 Dec 2010 ... The Memorandum of Understanding will see initially see
50 each of Peugeot’s iOn and Citroën’s C-Zero supplied to the Irish
market in 2011 ...  The Government has set an initial target of having
6000 electric passenger vehicles on the road by 2012 in preparation to
achieve 10% of all vehicles (around 230,000) by 2020. The plans are
being supported by Ireland’s main utility, Electricity Supply Board
(ESB), which is installing 1500 public charging stations, 2000 domestic
charging points and 30 fast charge units by 2011 ... “2011 will be the
year electric cars become a common sight on Irish roads.” ... info:
www.seai.ie/
www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/
www.seai.ie/grants
www.esb.ie/ecars
[Copyright © Afion Media Ltd 2010]

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/MVP-quot-Winston-quot-RV-EV-range-180mi-ts-65-MPH-li-ion-pack-recharge-24hrs-220V-td3138755.html

Re: C-Zero 1st EV to travel the Eurotunnel, C-Zero & iOn based on i-MiEV

Peter VanDerWal
Don't the cars just sit on a train as they go through the Chunnel?

The EV's "performance" seems irrelevant when it's sitting in a boxcar.