CE - Killacycle match race

lawlessind
Bill, Dennis,

As the NEDRA president for the past 32 hrs I would like to present my
first "official" goal for 2008:

To set a match race between the 2 quickest AND fastest electric drag
race vehicles on the planet.  NEDRA will provide a neutral venue,
provide tow money and a winner's purse, set up TV and print media, etc,
etc... We have the contacts to do this first class.  I know both of you
well enough to know that depite your obvious differences, you take
extreme pleasure showing just what EV's are capable of, not just in a
fantasy world but at the track.  All you need to do is agree on a date
and we will take care of the rest.

Shawn Lawless
NEDRA president

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

KilowattA798
In a message dated 1/2/2008 6:39:09 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> Killacycle match race
> Date:1/2/2008 6:39:09 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Bill, Dennis,
>
> As the NEDRA president for the past 32 hrs I would like to present my
> first "official" goal for 2008:
>
> To set a match race between the 2 quickest AND fastest electric drag
> race vehicles on the planet.  NEDRA will provide a neutral venue,
> provide tow money and a winner's purse, set up TV and print media, etc,
> etc... We have the contacts to do this first class.  I know both of you
> well enough to know that depite your obvious differences, you take
> extreme pleasure showing just what EV's are capable of, not just in a
> fantasy world but at the track.  All you need to do is agree on a date
> and we will take care of the rest.
>

> Shawn Lawless
> NEDRA president

Anytime! Anywhere!     Dennis Berube

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

kEVs

I know we only have a 1/8 th mi track but there is no
reason you gentlemen couldn't make your first head to
head outing at electricdragin it would be truly the
kick off event of the year if you both were there.
since NEDRA has offered transportation money, prize
money, and additional media coverage to what we are
already offering it would kick off two things at once.
 new 1/8 mi record keeping and all electric race
weekends. There is free camping at the race track but
if needed I will find lodging for you and your crews.
It is on a weekend and we will set it up so that you
can run late Sat Afternoon so the track will be warm
and after your runs you can leave .so that would mean
you have sat nite and sun for travel time.   Plus
since we have no gas competators we can get you as
many runs as you want.  plus we will have big
generators or if you so desire special 220/100 amp
charging stations set up for you.  You can top off you
batts and go at it again.

come on guys let this be the beginning of electric
heads up racing.  We may even be able to start a
circuit of events for a final  at Pomona just like the
big boys

Keith Van Sickle
kEVs

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Bill, Dennis,
>
> As the NEDRA president for the past 32 hrs I would
> like to present my
> first "official" goal for 2008:
>
> To set a match race between the 2 quickest AND
> fastest electric drag
> race vehicles on the planet.  NEDRA will provide a
> neutral venue,
> provide tow money and a winner's purse, set up TV
> and print media, etc,
> etc... We have the contacts to do this first class.
> I know both of you
> well enough to know that depite your obvious
> differences, you take
> extreme pleasure showing just what EV's are capable
> of, not just in a
> fantasy world but at the track.  All you need to do
> is agree on a date
> and we will take care of the rest.
>

> Shawn Lawless
> NEDRA president

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

John Wayland
Hello to Shawn and All,

>>Bill, Dennis,
>>
>>As the NEDRA president for the past 32 hrs I would like to present my
>>first "official" goal for 2008:
>>
>>To set a match race between the 2 quickest AND fastest electric drag
>>race vehicles on the planet.  NEDRA will provide a neutral venue,
>>provide tow money and a winner's purse, set up TV and print media, etc,
>>etc... We have the contacts to do this first class.  I know both of you
>>well enough to know that depite your obvious differences, you take
>>extreme pleasure showing just what EV's are capable of, not just in a
>>fantasy world but at the track.  All you need to do is agree on a date
>>and we will take care of the rest.
>>

>>Shawn Lawless
>>NEDRA president

Why not extend this to include the two quickest street legal,
recognizable everyday-looking EVs, too? I would think the general public
might find that kind of match-up something more they could relate to. It
would serve to show that EVs don't have to be slow, dull, and boring,
and it would also demonstrate that EVs can be quick, fast, and powerful
without having to be all-out race-only vehicles.

You look at Killacycle's obvious all-out 1/4 mile drag bike profile with
its long wheelie bar and super outrageous drag slick and you expect it
to act like the drag racing bike it is...thankfully, it delivers. You
look at Current Eliminator and you see a 1/4 mile rail dragster with its
race-only narrow bullet design fitted with monster wrinkle wall slicks
and you expect it to act like the rail dragster it is...thankfully, it
delivers.

You look at White Zombie and the S10 pickup however, and what you see is
a harmless 70s  economy sedan and a midsized haul-the-welder-in-the-bed
pickup, two vehicles 'nobody' expects to rip off low11 second 1/4 mile
times that beat 505 hp Z06 Vettes and 600 hp Vipers...but they do (or at
least Dennis' truck will...right Dennis?)

How about it? Dennis Berube's S10 vs White Zombie...I'll even give
Dennis a head start :-)

See Ya...John 'Plasma Boy' Wayland

Note: Because of family matters that I'm still working through, this
match-up will have to wait until things improve around here (they are
headed in that direction) sometime in late winter-early Spring, I expect.

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Dan Frederiksen-2
John Wayland wrote:
> How about it? Dennis Berube's S10 vs White Zombie...I'll even give
> Dennis a head start :-)

with lead acid or have you found some permanent lithium?

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

KilowattA798
In a message dated 1/2/2008 8:54:57 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> Date:1/2/2008 8:54:57 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Hello to Shawn and All,
>

> >>Bill, Dennis,
> >>
> >>As the NEDRA president for the past 32 hrs I would like to present my
> >>first "official" goal for 2008:
> >>
> >>To set a match race between the 2 quickest AND fastest electric drag
> >>race vehicles on the planet.  NEDRA will provide a neutral venue,
> >>provide tow money and a winner's purse, set up TV and print media, etc,
> >>etc... We have the contacts to do this first class.  I know both of you
> >>well enough to know that depite your obvious differences, you take
> >>extreme pleasure showing just what EV's are capable of, not just in a
> >>fantasy world but at the track.  All you need to do is agree on a date
> >>and we will take care of the rest.
> >>

> >>Shawn Lawless
> >>NEDRA president
> >>

> Why not extend this to include the two quickest street legal,
> recognizable everyday-looking EVs, too? I would think the general public
> might find that kind of match-up something more they could relate to. It
> would serve to show that EVs don't have to be slow, dull, and boring,
> and it would also demonstrate that EVs can be quick, fast, and powerful
> without having to be all-out race-only vehicles.
>
> You look at Killacycle's obvious all-out 1/4 mile drag bike profile with
> its long wheelie bar and super outrageous drag slick and you expect it
> to act like the drag racing bike it is...thankfully, it delivers. You
> look at Current Eliminator and you see a 1/4 mile rail dragster with its
> race-only narrow bullet design fitted with monster wrinkle wall slicks
> and you expect it to act like the rail dragster it is...thankfully, it
> delivers.
>
> You look at White Zombie and the S10 pickup however, and what you see is
> a harmless 70s  economy sedan and a midsized haul-the-welder-in-the-bed
> pickup, two vehicles 'nobody' expects to rip off low11 second 1/4 mile
> times that beat 505 hp Z06 Vettes and 600 hp Vipers...but they do (or at
> least Dennis' truck will...right Dennis?)
>
> How about it? Dennis Berube's S10 vs White Zombie...I'll even give
> Dennis a head start :-)
>

> See Ya...John 'Plasma Boy' Wayland
>
> Note: Because of family matters that I'm still working through, this
> match-up will have to wait until things improve around here (they are
> headed in that direction) sometime in late winter-early Spring, I expect.

God, I love this sport!       No need for a  headstart!        HEADS UP ONLY!
                              Are we racing with pump or nitro?
              Dennis Berube

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

gottdi
You mean Lead or Lithium don't you?

On Jan 2, 2008, at 8:36 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> pump or nitro?

No need to wait any longer. You can now buy one off the shelf. You can still build one too.

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

KilowattA798
In a message dated 1/2/2008 10:01:49 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> CE - Killacycle match race
> Date:1/2/2008 10:01:49 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> You mean Lead or Lithium don't you?
>
> On Jan 2, 2008, at 8:36 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> >pump or nitro?

That's what I mean, I am not asking for a head start even though we are at
least 1000lbs heaver but would like to have in the truck the same type of
chemistry.   Dennis

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Bugzilla from kaidokert@gmail.com
On Jan 2, 2008 5:54 PM, John Wayland <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello to Shawn and All,
> Why not extend this to include the two quickest street legal,
> recognizable everyday-looking EVs, too? I would think the general public
> might find that kind of match-up something more they could relate to.

Why not toss this glove around to Tesla, Phoenix Motorcars, Vectrix
and others as well, xcept for golf carts. Would be an amazing event.

-kert

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Dan Frederiksen-2
Kaido Kert wrote:
> Why not toss this glove around to Tesla, Phoenix Motorcars, Vectrix
> and others as well, xcept for golf carts. Would be an amazing event.

good idea and worth a shot but I fear the predictability of the outcome
would keep Tesla and others away. they might not be able to spot the
publicity value of getting beaten by an old datsun and a truck : )

Dan

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Mike Willmon-3
Hey if you guys keep it lead for just a bit longer I'll have the Pinto on the road for this year.
The motor mounts are being fab'd up right now and the batteries I suspect have made it into town.
I expect a call from Lynden any time now.

But anyway, sure would like to be able to race you guys,  Lead-to-Lead ;-)

I suspect of course there's a Joule Injected and a 2SSIC out there that might want in on this action as well, eh?

Mike Willmon

> In a message dated 1/2/2008 10:01:49 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> [hidden email] writes:
> > CE - Killacycle match race
> > Date:1/2/2008 10:01:49 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> > From:[hidden email]
> > Reply-to:[hidden email]
> > To:[hidden email]
> > Received from Internet:
> >

> > You mean Lead or Lithium don't you?
> >
> > On Jan 2, 2008, at 8:36 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > >pump or nitro?
> >
> That's what I mean, I am not asking for a head start even though we
> are at
> least 1000lbs heaver but would like to have in the truck the same
> type of
> chemistry.   Dennis

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Lawrence Rhodes
Hi John & all,

Hmmm,,  The way Zombie looks now it's not quite the sleeper that Blue Meanie
is.  Maybe without the decals and roll cage.  I certainly see your point.
I'd be nice to invite a bunch of fast electrics & a couple of Vipers,
Porsches &/or Corvettes.  Lawrence Rhodes.....

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Mike Willmon-3
Hey if you guys keep it lead for just a bit longer I'll have the
Pinto on the road for this year.
The motor mounts are being fab'd up right now and the batteries I
suspect have made it into town.
I expect a call from Lynden any time now.

But anyway, sure would like to be able to race you guys,  Lead-to-Lead ;-)

I suspect of course there's a Joule Injected and a 2SSIC out there
that might want in on this action as well, eh?

Mike Willmon

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Charles Whalen
On Wednesday, January 02, 2008 12:20 PM, Kaido Kert wrote:

> Why not toss this glove around to Tesla, Phoenix Motorcars, Vectrix
> and others as well, xcept for golf carts. Would be an amazing event.
>
> -kert

That's already been done and is going to happen ... at both EVents, east
coast and west coast, on the same weekend.  ACP (eBox) and Vectrix will be
competing at BBB, while Tesla, ACP (eBox and tzero), Phoenix, Vectrix, and
possibly Wrightspeed as well, will be competing at Electric Dragin'
(according to what Keith told me).  And I would also include Patterson
Cycles in the MC category.  I have ridden their bikes, and they're rockets!

I'll let Keith speak for the action and match-ups at Electric Dragin' on the
west coast.  As for BBB here on the east coast, I know that Andrew Roddy,
who will be racing his ACP eBox, is a very competitive guy.  I saw that in
his autocross performance at our SunDay Challenge back in October, where
having had his car less than a week and still just getting the feel of
driving it, he ripped through the course and took 3rd place
(www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/media/events/sundaychallenge/results.htm).  I know that
Andrew is looking forward to the drag race and that he just loves flooring
it (I've been in the car with him on a few such impressive acceleration
demos).  For a car with miserable "barndoor" aerodynamics (similar to or
worse than my RAV4-EVs), that thing goes like a bat out of hell and is about
as close as you can come to putting wings on a pig and actually having it
fly.  :-)

As for the Vectrix competitors -- myself and Jonathan Ortiz at BBB and Dan
Wolfson and Victor Pritzker at Electric Dragin', with the exception of
Victor, who has significant MC drag racing experience, the rest of us are
all newbies and rank novices who will be first-timers at the track ... or I
should say *on* the track.  (I myself have been an enthusiastic spectactor
and supporter of EV drag racing for the last couple years and am now looking
to gently -- *very* gently -- stick a couple of toes into the water.)  Plus
we are all well aware of the bike's limitations, being
controller-limited/detuned in both acceleration and top speed (62 mph).  So
none of us are going out to the track with any illusions (or delusions) of
doing anything earth-shattering, blowing anyone's socks off, or setting any
records.  We leave all of that serious competitive stuff to the
seasoned-veteran big boys and their awe-inspiring EVs that they have
created!  We just want to have some fun and learn a little bit about the
sport.  The Vectrix competition will be between ourselves (the Vectrix
riders) and with the Patterson Cycles' riders (Jeff Patterson and Shawn
Waggoner).

... Of course, not that we want to be an embarrassment to EVs and the cause
either; hopefully we will turn in at least modestly respectable
performances, considering our status as rank novices and first-timers on
consumer-oriented production EVs.  But thankfully we will have world-class
competitors of the stature of Shawn Lawless with his new, upgraded 4-motor
"Juiced Up" electric dragster to duly impress and show the crowd what EVs
are really capable of doing!

Hopefully this sport is big enough to welcome and accommodate the entire
gamut of skill levels and capabilities, both of the vehicles themselves and
their drivers/riders, including a few of us mere mortals and ordinary folk.
At least that's the impression I have been getting the last few years from
the great work that people like Shawn Waggoner, Matt Graham, Chip Gribben,
and Keith Vansickle (all of whom I know personally) have been doing, and
likely others as well in the Pacific Northwest and elsewhere whom I don't
personally know but whose amazing exploits I have admired via this list.

Charles Whalen

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

bbbrt76

they are both so close to beating the traditional dragsters out there I think from a PR standpoint if its truly gonna be hyped up and exposed on popular media it should be done on a quarter mi track it'd be really great if they could do it at the NHRA opener at pomona coming in february

> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 07:30:03 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] CE - Killacycle match race
>

> I know we only have a 1/8 th mi track but there is no
> reason you gentlemen couldn't make your first head to
> head outing at electricdragin it would be truly the
> kick off event of the year if you both were there.
> since NEDRA has offered transportation money, prize
> money, and additional media coverage to what we are
> already offering it would kick off two things at once.
>  new 1/8 mi record keeping and all electric race
> weekends. There is free camping at the race track but
> if needed I will find lodging for you and your crews.
> It is on a weekend and we will set it up so that you
> can run late Sat Afternoon so the track will be warm
> and after your runs you can leave .so that would mean
> you have sat nite and sun for travel time.   Plus
> since we have no gas competators we can get you as
> many runs as you want.  plus we will have big
> generators or if you so desire special 220/100 amp
> charging stations set up for you.  You can top off you
> batts and go at it again.
>
> come on guys let this be the beginning of electric
> heads up racing.  We may even be able to start a
> circuit of events for a final  at Pomona just like the
> big boys
>
> Keith Van Sickle
> kEVs
>
> --- [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Bill, Dennis,
> >
> > As the NEDRA president for the past 32 hrs I would
> > like to present my
> > first "official" goal for 2008:
> >
> > To set a match race between the 2 quickest AND
> > fastest electric drag
> > race vehicles on the planet.  NEDRA will provide a
> > neutral venue,
> > provide tow money and a winner's purse, set up TV
> > and print media, etc,
> > etc... We have the contacts to do this first class.
> > I know both of you
> > well enough to know that depite your obvious
> > differences, you take
> > extreme pleasure showing just what EV's are capable
> > of, not just in a
> > fantasy world but at the track.  All you need to do
> > is agree on a date
> > and we will take care of the rest.
> >

> > Shawn Lawless
> > NEDRA president

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Bill Dube
Indeed, this would be fun to do. It is not as simple as it appears,
however. Not quite as easy as turning the key and going for a spin in
the family truckster. :-)

 >>First, it isn't safe to race a bike directly head-to-head against
a dragster, especially at this level of competition. To be safe, we
would likely opt to race the clock (or another bike) during a
separate pass down the strip. As cool as it might look to race
side-by-side, safety dictates otherwise.

 >>Second, as a gesture of "good faith" Dennis should alter his web
site to be more truthful. In that way, we would know that whatever
the outcome, Dennis would be truthful about the result, and won't
attempt to re-write history should the event turn out not to his liking.

 >>Third, it is going to be awhile before it is possible for us to
get the bike back out on the track. I have to build up vacation time
and my present work schedule is very tight. (See below if you are
curious.) Also, late in December, we managed to plasma _both_ motors
and I just boxed them up to ship to Jim Husted for repair. Thus,
considering all this realistically, it could be as late as May before
we can get the bike out to an event. Sorry, but I have to earn a
living to support my racing habit. :-)

 >>> ICEALOT -> What I'll be doing this Winter instead of drag racing <<<

I'm going to be on a atmospheric research ship in the Arctic for
essentially all of March and April, and I have to do _all_ the
preparation for this mission before we leave. I'm doing the NO3,
N2O5, (and also NO2) measurements for this mission. If you want the
details, see:
http://saga.pmel.noaa.gov/Field/icealot/

My measurements of NO3 and N2O5 are at the core of the second major
objective "Q2":
http://saga.pmel.noaa.gov/Field/icealot/SciObjectives_Sep07.pdf

Bill Dube'

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

KilowattA798
In a message dated 1/2/2008 5:56:21 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> L] CE - Killacycle match race
> Date:1/2/2008 5:56:21 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Indeed, this would be fun to do. It is not as simple as it appears,
> however. Not quite as easy as turning the key and going for a spin in
> the family truckster. :-)
>
> >>First, it isn't safe to race a bike directly head-to-head against
> a dragster, especially at this level of competition. To be safe, we
> would likely opt to race the clock (or another bike) during a
> separate pass down the strip. As cool as it might look to race
> side-by-side, safety dictates otherwise.

Bill dragsters and bikes race every weekend at my track with ETS as good as
7.50.I have at least 150 passes against bikes but granted at slower ETS.

> >>Second, as a gesture of "good faith" Dennis should alter his web
> site to be more truthful. In that way, we would know that whatever
> the outcome, Dennis would be truthful about the result, and won't
> attempt to rewrite history should the event turn out not to his liking.

In which way would you like my site altered? Visit again before you answer.
If you want me to say you had the record a few months last year I will, if you
alter your site to say that I have had the et record since the inception of
nedra record keeping.

> >>Third, it is going to be awhile before it is possible for us to
> get the bike back out on the track. I have to build up vacation time
> and my present work schedule is very tight. (See below if you are
> curious.) Also, late in December, we managed to plasma _both_ motors
> and I just boxed them up to ship to Jim Husted for repair. Thus,
> considering all this realistically, it could be as late as May before
> we can get the bike out to an event. Sorry, but I have to earn a
> living to support my racing habit. :-)

Jim builds motors every day and though I cannot speak for his workload there
should be less than 12 hrs to repair yours if the parts were at hand. Also
unlike my single motor advance dcs are Very avaible for a reasonable price. As
for vacation have your crew prep your bike and I would show up in Denver to race
at Bandimeer on the weekend so you would not have to travel. We would both go
a lot faster there although I would have less downforce.(oh no another
handicap)

> I'm going to be on a atmospheric research ship in the Arctic for
> essentially all of March and April, and I have to do _all_ the
> preparation for this mission before we leave. I'm doing the NO3,
> N2O5, (and also NO2) measurements for this mission. If you want the
> details, see:
> http://saga.pmel.noaa.gov/Field/icealot/
>
> My measurements of NO3 and N2O5 are at the core of the second major
> objective "Q2":
> http://saga.pmel.noaa.gov/Field/icealot/SciObjectives_Sep07.pdf

I thank you for helping the enviroment with your research.

> Bill Dube'

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Mike Willmon-3
So Jim is the hold up here ;-P
I knew he was evil  , heh heh.

But I suppose he has a day job too.

I know what thats like.....

Hope you guys can pull this together..

Mike

> [...]
> would both go
> a lot faster there although I would have less downforce.(oh no
> another
> handicap)

> racing <<<
> >
> > I'm going to be on a atmospheric research ship in the Arctic for
> > essentially all of March and April, and I have to do _all_ the
> > preparation for this mission before we leave. I'm doing the NO3,
> > N2O5, (and also NO2) measurements for this mission. If you want
> the
> > details, see:
> > http://saga.pmel.noaa.gov/Field/icealot/
> >
> > My measurements of NO3 and N2O5 are at the core of the second
> major
> > objective "Q2":
> > http://saga.pmel.noaa.gov/Field/icealot/SciObjectives_Sep07.pdf
> >

> I thank you for helping the enviroment with your research.

Re: CE - Killacycle match race

Michael Kadie
Hey what about beautiful cars!  The only reason I haven't turned in a time
slip in the 12's is because I haven't gotten my car to a quarter mile track
again (I have shaved 3/10 second off the 1/8 mile time that gave me a 13.1
so I'm thinking that makes my 1/4 mile time 12.8 or better).

That said I look forward to a good race against the S10 (or two as I think
the Shelby EV300 is going to put a good show in) at Electric Dragon).  I
won't give Denis a head start but I will put in my fat assed driver (me) and
race heads up.

I also plan on making a trip up to Portland to challenge Plasma Boy in what
I hope will be an unfair race (I plan on cheating) this year.

And I say to all I know how busy Plasma Boy and Bill Dube are right now,
I'll tease them all day and night, but they have done an incredible job for
the rest of us and we need to respect them when they say they are busy.

It looks like a great year for us EVangelists and I'll see many of you on
the track in 2008.

Michael Trex Kadie
Owner, etc. 2SSIC
Builder Electric Shelby 427 code name EV300 and Ronaele Mustang EV300 both
in production now to begin April Deliveries and priced so that I have to
sell a lot before I can afford to own one.
Website http://ssi-racing.com

[hidden email] wrote:
> If you want me to say you had the record a few months last year I will, if you
> alter your site to say that I have had the et record since the inception of
> nedra record keeping.

but would that be the whole truth Dennis? other than Killacycle in 07,
have your record been uninterrupted for 15 years?
think carefully before you answer.