CHAdeMO rapid charging station in Portland

CHAdeMO rapid charging station in Portland

SLPinfo.org
Might these make the J1772 thing obsolete?  Or at least present an
attractive alternative?

*
http://green.autoblog.com/2010/08/09/nations-first-public-quick-charge-station-opens-up-in-portland/
 *

- Peter Flipsen Jr

Re: CHAdeMO rapid charging station in Portland

Peter Gabrielsson
Level 3 DC charging is part of J1772.....  Though the details are
still evolving.

Anyway, quick charging adds wear and tear on your battery pack so the
desirable way to charge is with Level 2, whenever you can.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM, SLPinfo.org <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Might these make the J1772 thing obsolete?  Or at least present an
> attractive alternative?
>
> *
> http://green.autoblog.com/2010/08/09/nations-first-public-quick-charge-station-opens-up-in-portland/
>  *
>

> - Peter Flipsen Jr

www.electric-lemon.com

Re: CHAdeMO rapid charging station in Portland

shred
Does anyone know if the output of this charger is DC or AC.
I thought all level 3 chargers were DC (more or less) straight to the battery pack.
Neal

Re: CHAdeMO rapid charging station in Portland

Peter Gabrielsson
I think this is DC since the input on the leaf is for level 3 DC.

www.electric-lemon.com