Cedric Lynch my hero. 2hp at 60mph.

Lawrence Rhodes

Thanks to Jason for the url.  Cedric Lynch has been at the forefront of electric vehicle design for 25 years.  His egg shaped motorcycle is not much more than a recumbent bicycle.  With a 5kw battery pack what would seem to be an underpowered vehicle has served him well for 60k ev miles.   Drawing only 2 hp to go 60mph his vehicle will do 150 miles at 50mph.  He is using Thundersky and has put 30 k on those.  I suspect the low amp draw is contributing to the life of these batteries.  I wish we could get a video of a lecture if he has done one.  So for those of you that want a long range ev Cedric is showing the way.  This is the first video where we see Cedric speaking & explaining his methods.  Lawrence Rhodes....

http://www.dailymotion.com/bluesvideo/video/x7oq1p_cedric-lynch-and-agni-motors-the-le_tech

Re: Cedric Lynch my hero. 2hp at 60mph.

lcalarea47
wander what cost would be to build one ?? ie motor /batteries electronics
etc .lonnie  plus wandering about the terrain ie flat or hilly etc . lonnie

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Lawrence Rhodes <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Thanks to Jason for the url.  Cedric Lynch has been at the forefront of
> electric vehicle design for 25 years.  His egg shaped motorcycle is not much
> more than a recumbent bicycle.  With a 5kw battery pack what would seem to
> be an underpowered vehicle has served him well for 60k ev miles.   Drawing
> only 2 hp to go 60mph his vehicle will do 150 miles at 50mph.  He is using
> Thundersky and has put 30 k on those.  I suspect the low amp draw is
> contributing to the life of these batteries.  I wish we could get a video of
> a lecture if he has done one.  So for those of you that want a long range ev
> Cedric is showing the way.  This is the first video where we see Cedric
> speaking & explaining his methods.  Lawrence Rhodes....
>

> http://www.dailymotion.com/bluesvideo/video/x7oq1p_cedric-lynch-and-agni-motors-the-le_tech

Re: Cedric Lynch my hero. 2hp at 60mph.

tomw
Cedric is an amazing person for sure - beat some of the university entries with a motor with core made from flattened tins!  The bike looks fully enclosed at the bottom, so I wonder how does he hold it up when he comes to a stop?  Seems one could start with a recumbent bike and add the cowling, batteries, and motor...

Tom

Lawrence Rhodes wrote