Charging a Tesla

Haudy Kazemi wrote in the [EVDL] Why I Won't Buy a Tesla thread on Monday,
October 08, 2018 9:57 PM -
> -Supercharger access can be remotely disabled after purchase. This is known to
> have happened for cars that have been in accidents (however big or small,
> whether just cosmetic only or not) where Tesla hasn't been engaged and paid to
> reinspect and repair the car.

Regular charging using 120 or 240 can also be disabled remotely. I had a client
that bought a J1772 to Tesla cord from me to charge the Tesla he just bought at
an auction. He already had a J1772 EVSE and wanted to use that instead of buying
an UMC. My cord wouldn't work on his Tesla and his J1772 EVSE was working fine,
so naturally he assumed it was the cord. We talked about it, I sent him some
tests to make, he did them and the cord was functioning as it was supposed to.

He called Tesla and they finally figured out that the car had not be registered
so charging, all charging, had been disabled. A few minutes after the Tesla
phone call the car was charging fine.

Rush Dougherty
Tucson AZ 85719

Rush Dougherty