Clark recants& unblames autopilot for roof-flipping his Tesla EV into a MN marsh

Clark recants& unblames autopilot for roof-flipping his Tesla EV into a MN marsh

brucedp
This post was updated on .

*Updated: 20170718
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tesla-crash-autopilot-mode-accelerates-passengers-injured-a7845866.html
Tesla crash: Car flips and injures five passengers after autopilot mode 'suddenly accelerates'
18 July 2017  Mythili Sampathkumar
 ... A Tesla owner who [initially] blamed his car's autopilot feature for "suddenly accelerating" and flipping his vehicle has said that it was actually him ...

“To the best of my recollection I had engaged the autopilot system but then I had disengaged it by stepping on accelerator," an email sent by Mr Clark to the sheriff's department read. "I then remember looking up and seeing the sharp left turn which I was accelerating into.

"I believe we started to make the turn but then felt the car give way and lose its footing like we hit loose gravel. That was the feeling that I was trying to describe to you that I had lost control of the vehicle. The next thing I know tall grass is whipping past the windshield and we were traveling at an odd angle in the ditch and then flipped over the right side and ended up on the roof.” ... [© independent.co.uk]
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/07/tesla-driver-in-marsh-crash-now-says-it-was-his-fault-and-not-autopilots/
Tesla Driver In Marsh Crash Now Says It Was His Fault And Not Autopilot's
Jul 18, 2017  ... his story changed. It wasn't Autopilot's fault, he said, it was his own ...
http://wjon.com/update-tesla-driver-now-says-autopilot-not-to-blame-for-crash/
Update: Tesla Driver Now Says Autopilot Not to Blame for Crash
July 18, 2017  DETROIT (AP) — A Tesla driver is saying: don’t blame the car ...
https://electrek.co/2017/07/17/tesla-driver-recant-blame-autopilot-minesota-crash/
Tesla driver recants blame on Autopilot in Minnesota accident, says he deactivated it before the crash
Jul. 17th 2017
http://www.startribune.com/twin-cities-man-says-hes-to-blame-not-tesla-autopilot-for-crash-into-marsh/434941843/
Twin Cities man says he's to blame, not Tesla autopilot, for crash into marsh
July 17, 2017  Despite sheriff's report, Eden Prairie man says car autopilot wasn't at fault ... However, Chief Sheriff's Deputy Greg Stehn declined late Monday afternoon to address what Clark is contending, saying that the crash remains under investigation and that information will be filed with the county attorney's office for possible charges ...

[Original post:  Jul 17, 2017
Clark blames autopilot for flipping his 2016 Tesla on it's roof/top in a MN marsh> slightly-hurt
]

http://www.startribune.com/twin-cities-man-blames-autopilot-after-tesla-rolls-into-marsh/434941843/
Twin Cities man blames autopilot after Tesla rolls into marsh
July 17, 2017  Paul Walsh

[image
http://stmedia.stimg.co/ows_150030500862602.jpg
FILE -- Jason Fudenberg, the president of the Los Angeles Tesla Club, drives using autopilot on the 101 freeway near Sherman Oaks, Calif., on July 1, 2016
]

A Twin Cities man whose Tesla overturned in a central Minnesota marsh is blaming the crash on the luxury electric car's "autopilot" feature, according to authorities.

David Clark, 58, of Eden Prairie, said he was driving Saturday evening before sunset on a country road 18 miles northeast of Willmar, when the car "suddenly accelerated" and overturned in the marsh, the Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Office said in a statement Sunday.

Clark and four adults in the vehicle were slightly hurt.

The crash occurred after "Clark ... engaged the autopilot feature," sending the car off eastbound 172nd Avenue NE. and rolling into the marsh, the Sheriff's Office statement continued.

Deputies arrived at the scene to find to find the Tesla on its roof ... regulators in January warned the vehicle's operators to not treat the semiautonomous cars as if they are fully self-driving.

The autopilot feature uses cameras, radar and computers to detect objects and automatically brake if the car is about to hit something. It also can steer the car to keep it centered in its lane.

In a statement issued to Electrek, an industry website that focuses on alternative transportation advances, Tesla said it is "working to establish the facts of the incident and have offered our full cooperation to the local authorities. We have not yet established whether the vehicle's autopilot feature was activated and have no reason to believe [it] worked other than as designed."

Other "sudden acceleration" crashes have been attributed by motorists to the autopilot feature. In most cases, Electrek reported, data logs from the vehicle revealed that the driver was actually responsible.

A federal lawsuit filed in California seeks class-action status for claims of sudden acceleration by Tesla motorists in various states.
[© 2017 StarTribune]

http://www.willmarradio.com/news/tesla-ends-up-on-it-s-roof-in-swamp-near/article_3059e894-6aeb-11e7-b724-1f86cf0b4b24.html
Tesla ends up on it's roof in swamp near Spicer...auto pilot blamed
Jul 17, 2017  JP Cola

[image
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/willmarradio.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/6a/56aa6604-6aeb-11e7-b2e0-23868f49697d/596cad689d2a2.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C794
]

(Irving Township, MN) An Eden Prairie Man and his passengers were hurt Saturday night when he says the auto pilot on his Tesla caused him to drive off the roadway and into a swamp. The Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Office says they got a call shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday of a vehicle rolled over in a marsh at the intersection of 141st Street NE and 172nd Avenue NE, which is north of Lake Calhoun, northeast of Spicer. When deputies got there they found a 2016 Tesla, driven by 58-year-old David Clark of Eden Prairie, on it's top in a marsh. Clark was eastbound on 172nd when the car's auto pilot feature suddenly accelerated causing the car to leave the roadway and overturn. Clark and his four adult passengers all sustained minor injuries.
[© 2017 Lakeland Broadcasting]

http://jalopnik.com/autopilot-blamed-for-tesla-crashing-and-rolling-into-a-1796963962
Autopilot Blamed For Tesla Crashing And Rolling Into A Marsh
20 hours ago - Tesla's Autopilot is being blamed once again for causing a car crash. This time the driver claims that the vehicle suddenly accelerated in ... (map)
https://goo.gl/maps/Yc4JRnfxRfH2

Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash
The Detroit News-5 minutes ago
David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday ...

Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash into marsh
The Spokesman-Review-10 minutes ago
David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the marsh. The Star ...

Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash into marsh - CTV News
14 mins ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash into Minnesota marsh
Seattle Times-23 minutes ago
Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash into Minnesota marsh ... David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar on Saturday ...

Tesla's autopilot feature blamed for crash
KFGO-31 minutes ago
A Tesla logo is seen at its planned store in Hanam, South Korea, December 22, 2016. ... David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar ...

Tesla's Autopilot Feature Blamed for Crash | KAALTV.com
www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/S4544308.shtml?cat=10728
36 mins ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash into marsh | The Herald
www.heraldonline.com/news/business/article161715933.html
36 mins ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash into marsh | Fox ...
37 mins ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash into marsh :: WRAL.com
37 mins ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash into marsh | WGMD
37 mins ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tesla-autopilot-sudden-acceleration-rollover-into-marsh/
Tesla's autopilot feature blamed for crash
CBS News-40 minutes ago
MINNEAPOLIS -- A suburban Twin Cities man is blaming the autopilot feature of his luxury electric car for a crash that sent him and four passengers into a ...

Driver blames Tesla's autopilot feature for crash into marsh - KTAR.com
41 mins ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Tesla's autopilot feature blamed for crash | Tri-City Herald
www.tri-cityherald.com/news/business/technology/article161715933.html
1 hour ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Tesla's autopilot feature blamed for crash | The Telegraph
www.macon.com/news/business/technology/article161715933.html
1 hour ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Tesla's autopilot feature blamed for crash | Myrtle Beach Sun News
www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/business/technology/article161715933.html
2 hours ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Tesla's autopilot feature blamed for crash | News | heraldcourier.com
2 hours ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

Records published July 17, 2017
West Central Tribune-4 hours ago
The Lake Lillian Ambulance, Willmar Ambulance and Blomkest First ... The Sheriff's Office reported that a 2016 Tesla driven by David Clark, 58, of Eden Prairie, ...

Tesla's autopilot feature blamed for crash | News | MIX 101.9
mixfargo.com/news/articles/2017/jul/17/teslas-autopilot-feature-blamed-for-crash/
1 day ago - David Clark, of Eden Prairie, says he was driving his Tesla near Willmar Saturday when the car suddenly accelerated and overturned in the ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/