Contactor between charger and battery

Elithion
Lately I've had to troubleshoot problems caused by people placing a contactor between the charger and the battery.
Doing so is just asking for trouble. Only in a few cases (such as off-board charging) is that required.

I just added this white paper on the topic of charger control:
http://liionbms.com/php/wp_charger_control.php
As usual, your feedback is most welcome.

Thanks,
Davide
Davide Andrea
Elithion

Re: Contactor between charger and battery

Peter Gabrielsson
Here are a few more reasons,

Mitigate leakage current of the charger, the charger may have a drain
resistor to bleed down the output caps when not energized.

Protect charger output caps from controller ripple.

Having the charger output caps always energized adds more potential
sources of failure.

I agree though that the charger should always be disabled before the
pack connection is opened.

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Elithion <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lately I've had to troubleshoot problems caused by people placing a contactor
> between the charger and the battery.
> Doing so is just asking for trouble. Only in a few cases (such as off-board
> charging) is that required.
>
> I just added this white paper on the topic of charger control:
> http://liionbms.com/php/wp_charger_control.php
> As usual, your feedback is most welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Davide
>
> -----
> Davide Andrea
> Elithion

www.electric-lemon.com

Re: Contactor between charger and battery

Cor van de Water
In the EV that I recently bought (and hope to drive soon)
the charger is wired to the controller side of the main
pack breaker, with the reasoning that it allows isolation
of the pack.
While that is true, it also means that if the charger is
still on when the pack breaker is disconnected, then the
controller gets the spike that the charger will produce
when suddenly interrupting the charge current - in other
words, you can very efficiently kill two birds with one
stone.
Before you say - well, the pack breaker should not trip
from charging: that is true, but the main breaker is
positioned in such a way (directly in front of the charger
under the hood, next to the 110V cord) that it asks for
being used as a manual (dis)connect every time you want
to work on the car and in fact, that is why it is in
that location.

But I think that I will check any drain from the charger
and then move it to the pack side...

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Skype: cor_van_de_water     XoIP: +31877841130
Mitigate leakage current of the charger, the charger may have a drain resistor to bleed down the output caps when not energized.

Protect charger output caps from controller ripple.

Having the charger output caps always energized adds more potential sources of failure.

I agree though that the charger should always be disabled before the pack connection is opened.

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Elithion <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lately I've had to troubleshoot problems caused by people placing a
> contactor between the charger and the battery.
> Doing so is just asking for trouble. Only in a few cases (such as
> off-board
> charging) is that required.
>
> I just added this white paper on the topic of charger control:
> http://liionbms.com/php/wp_charger_control.php
> As usual, your feedback is most welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Davide
>
> -----
> Davide Andrea
> Elithion

www.electric-lemon.com

Re: Contactor between charger and battery

Hello David,

I use a 2 pole contactor that is between a PFC-50B charger and the
batteries.  I also have a AC magnetic size 2 3-pole contactor that is
between the AC input connector and the battery charger, two 600 amp
contactors between the main contactor, motor control and the battery pack.

Also two DC contactors between the DC-DC converters and the battery pack.

This completely isolates the battery pack from anything while the EV is not
running.  While charging, the battery pack is isolated from the main
contactor, motor controller and DC-DC converters.

Now you are wondering if the contactor between the charger and battery pack
fails, which will cause the battery charger to fail with no load.  This is
handle with a series of interlocks between the between the DC battery
contactor and the AC input power contactor.

In addition I also have a interlock between the battery enclosure
ventilation system.  If there is no battery box ventilation, then a very
sensitive vacuum/pressure switch opens which first shuts off the input AC
input contactor which has a extra power pole that shuts down the DC output
contactor.

I was at first going to add a commercial type ground fault detector that you
can dial in the fault level that will shut down this AC input contactor, but
I use a 2-pole 50 amp GFI circuit breaker that is install between the AC
input connector and AC contactor.

The AC magnetic contactor, DC contactor, GFI circuit breakers, chassis for
the breakers, relays, terminal strips, vacuum/pressure controls, chassis
type wiring, enclosures, terminal blocks, commercial terminal rails, fuses,
etc.  are all by the Square D Company which I purchase from a local supply
house.

> Lately I've had to troubleshoot problems caused by people placing a
> contactor
> between the charger and the battery.
> Doing so is just asking for trouble. Only in a few cases (such as
> off-board
> charging) is that required.
>
> I just added this white paper on the topic of charger control:
> http://liionbms.com/php/wp_charger_control.php
> As usual, your feedback is most welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Davide
>
> -----
> Davide Andrea
> Elithion
> Nabble.com.

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Gary Krysztopik-2
Does anyone have a source and p/n for a contactor to control the 240
VAC, 50A input of a PFC50 using a 12VDC coil?  So far I found a
*LC1D50A6JD*
<http://products.schneider-electric.us/products-services/product-detail/?event=productDetail&countryCode=us&partNumber=LC1D50A6JD>
for $291 on the Square D website.  Local places don't have anything and
EV parts places don't either, and I checked Mouser and Grainger.  Seems
to be a tough part to find.

Gary Krysztopik
ZWheelz, LLC - www.ZWheelz.com
Alamo City Electric Auto Association - www.aceaa.org
blog - http://voices.mysanantonio.com/drive_electric_san_antonio/
San Antonio, TX

I also have a AC magnetic size 2 3-pole contactor that is between the AC
input connector and the battery charger,

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Bill Dube
Here is a grainger part that will work to turn on and off the AC
input of your charger:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MAGNECRAFT-Solid-State-Relay-6CVC2?Pid=search

Here is a whole catalog page to pick from:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/viewCatalogPDF.shtml?browserCompatable=true&adobeCompatable=true&toolbar=false&CatPage=326&Catalog=main

~$80

You can likely find one cheaper by hunting on eBay. Here is one for
$21.16, 60 Amp rating, free shipping:
www.ebay.com/itm/350564012885

Bill D

At 10:38 AM 5/11/2012, you wrote:

>Does anyone have a source and p/n for a contactor to control the 240
>VAC, 50A input of a PFC50 using a 12VDC coil?  So far I found a
>*LC1D50A6JD*
><http://products.schneider-electric.us/products-services/product-detail/?event=productDetail&countryCode=us&partNumber=LC1D50A6JD>
>
>for $291 on the Square D website.  Local places don't have anything and
>EV parts places don't either, and I checked Mouser and Grainger.  Seems
>to be a tough part to find.
>
>Gary Krysztopik
>ZWheelz, LLC - www.ZWheelz.com
>Alamo City Electric Auto Association - www.aceaa.org
>blog - http://voices.mysanantonio.com/drive_electric_san_antonio/
>San Antonio, TX
>
>I also have a AC magnetic size 2 3-pole contactor that is between the AC
>input connector and the battery charger,
>-------------- next part --------------
>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

corbin dunn
Hi Gary,

What are you trying to do with that contactor? Have a way of turning off the charger?

An alternative way is to tell the PFC charger to not allow charging.

The manual says:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:QE3keQKODwYJ:www.manzanitamicro.com/component/filecabinet/?task%3Ddownload%26cid%255B0%255D%3D6+pfc+30+manual&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgp81XjX1LrxeESAw4ptSN_8YEIaHGnLro5UnzqX3HMM6a5prloU4lzRF3KyopokxCJ3lsuAQeRJo4e39kLyBqn7HSKj3xHf_JRKRmMOcFcZ-fUiG5voo0M8EcSxjfB_r0drp7d&sig=AHIEtbTgrEjhhloQViCXXe3mm5XFc7U8DA&pli=1

>From the RegBus interface, can connect pin 1 (5v output) to pin 2 ("reg on") which tells the charger to stop charging. This is how I have the elithion BMS setup to turn the charger off when batteries are charged.

I'm going to add on to this soon. I'm going to implement a J1772 input (I already have an adapter box) and make it so one of the AVC1 boards (from http://modularevpower.com) also can turn off the charger. This will allow a "soft stop" when unplugging a J1772 adapter while the charger is pulling current. This works by the J1772 plug enabling the Proximity signal when the button is pressed. The AVC1 adapter then will turn on a relay that I can hook up to the 5v input to the charger, telling the charger to turn off.  Also see: http://modularevpower.com/Active_Vehicle_Side_Control_development.htm -- I could probably implement the circuit myself...but I'm not that hardware savvy to do it. Eventually, I'm going to also use this technique with an ardinuo to allow me to turn on/off the charger (at the car) via a timer (or some other input, like remote control via the internet).

corbin

On May 11, 2012, at 9:38 AM, Gary Krysztopik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone have a source and p/n for a contactor to control the 240
> VAC, 50A input of a PFC50 using a 12VDC coil?  So far I found a
> *LC1D50A6JD*
> <http://products.schneider-electric.us/products-services/product-detail/?event=productDetail&countryCode=us&partNumber=LC1D50A6JD>
> for $291 on the Square D website.  Local places don't have anything and
> EV parts places don't either, and I checked Mouser and Grainger.  Seems
> to be a tough part to find.
>
> Gary Krysztopik
> ZWheelz, LLC - www.ZWheelz.com
> Alamo City Electric Auto Association - www.aceaa.org
> blog - http://voices.mysanantonio.com/drive_electric_san_antonio/
> San Antonio, TX
>
> I also have a AC magnetic size 2 3-pole contactor that is between the AC
> input connector and the battery charger,

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Roger Stockton
Bill Dube wrote:

> Here is a grainger part that will work to turn on and off the AC
> input of your charger:
> http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MAGNECRAFT-Solid-State-Relay-
> 6CVC2?Pid=search

Should you prefer an electromechanical relay, here are a few possibilities

<http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/ADQM16012/255-2596-ND/2125664> 60A 250VAC, 12V coil, $54

<http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/LEV100A4ANG/A101163-ND/2046688> 100A 900VDC, 12V coil, $103

Cheers,

Roger.

On 5/11/2012 11:38 AM, Gary Krysztopik wrote:
> Does anyone have a source and p/n for a contactor to control the 240
> VAC, 50A input of a PFC50 using a 12VDC coil?

Gary, you can use any standard 2-pole 50a 240vac air conditioner
contactor. These are very common, and will have a 24vac coil.

The AC coil can be used on DC as long as you limit the current to the
same value it drew on AC. This generally means a 24vac coil also works
on 8vdc.

Add a series resistor (something like 5 ohms 10 watts) to limit the DC
holding current to the same AC holding current it draws on 24vac.

Then put a large capacitor (like 10,000uF 6vdc) across this resistor, to
provide the "inrush" current to pull it in fast. On AC, the inrush
current is higher because the coil inductance is lower before it pulls
in. Once pulled in the inductance is more, so the holding current is
less. The RC network models this behavior on DC.

I have 3-pole 40amp and 75amp 240vac contactors like this if you need
one. Contact me offlist if interested. :-)

--
Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons.
        -- R. Buckminster Fuller
Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeahart at earthlink.net

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Willie2
My experience is that about 20% of my posts to EVDL get "lost".  So,
here is this one again.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:38:51AM -0500, Gary Krysztopik wrote:
> Does anyone have a source and p/n for a contactor to control the 240
> VAC, 50A input of a PFC50 using a 12VDC coil?  So far I found a
> *LC1D50A6JD*
> <http://products.schneider-electric.us/products-services/product-detail/?event=productDetail&countryCode=us&partNumber=LC1D50A6JD>
> for $291 on the Square D website.  Local places don't have anything and
> EV parts places don't either, and I checked Mouser and Grainger.  Seems
> to be a tough part to find.

I have one of these on order:
http://is.gd/67cdRu

I'm preparing to use a 10kw charger:
http://www.emotorwerks.com/cgi-bin/VMcharger.pl
also on order.

I think I have 12ga ac wiring in my car; I wonder if that is
sufficient?  Might pull around 40 amps at 240vac; maybe 10-15 feet of
wire.

I just made a ~150 mile trip to Houston and back.  Just before I
started, one of my chargers crapped out on me and I was only able to
charge at ~15 battery amps instead of ~27 battery amps.  So, we cut two
of the trip legs pretty close because we were tired of waiting for
charge.  I think the 10kw charger might do close to 60 battery amps.

If things go semi-smoothly, I'll be plotting some road trips.  Drive
for 2-3 hours, charge for 3-4 hours, drive for 2-3 hours, etc.

Incidentally, you might recall that I had been trying to get a relay
with a 120vac coil working on both 240vac and 120vac input.  I finally
went with a 12v coil and used a universal wall wart power supply to get
the 12vdc.  That set up has been trouble free now for about six months.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
http://counter.li.org Linux registered user #228836 since 1995

On 5/11/2012 11:58 AM, Bill Dube wrote:

> Here is a grainger part that will work to turn on and off the AC
> input of your charger:
> http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MAGNECRAFT-Solid-State-Relay-6CVC2?Pid=search
>
> Here is a whole catalog page to pick from:
> http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/viewCatalogPDF.shtml?browserCompatable=true&adobeCompatable=true&toolbar=false&CatPage=326&Catalog=main
>
> ~$80
>
> You can likely find one cheaper by hunting on eBay. Here is one for
> $21.16, 60 Amp rating, free shipping:
> www.ebay.com/itm/350564012885

A couple caveats, Bill. You need to break *both* legs of the 240vac
line. If you don't, you leave all the AC circuitry "live" with 120vac to
ground. Since this is a PFC charger and the output is not isolated, the
output would also be "live" with 120vac to ground.

Do not trust a solid state relay to actually turn fully off. Even when
off, there is a substantial leakage current from input to output. It is
easily enough to get a dangerous shock from a circuit you thought was off.

Finally, the ratings on these Chinese SSRs are drastically exaggerated.
NO WAY would I trust one for anything important!
--
An engineer can do for a nickel what any damn fool can do for a dollar.
        -- Henry Ford
Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeahart at earthlink.net

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

You do not need a 12 vdc coil for the AC input contactor and even for a DC
contactor between the charger and battery pack. Voltages other than the
incoming line voltages are special order.

The AC magnetic contactors normally come as line voltage, meaning if the AC
line voltage coming in is 240 volts, then the coil is a 240 vac coil.  You
can either use a Square D, General Electric, Westinghouse, Cutler Hammer or
equal to do the job.

The AC lines come right off the Feed lugs on the contactor and go directly
to the coil through a fuse.  So when you plug in the main AC connector, the
contactor will come on.

To control this 240 vac coil remotely, one of the wires that feed the coil
has a switch inserted in series with it that is rated for 240 vac at a
ampere between 5 to 10 amps.

These type of AC magnetic contactors has a option fuse holder which a 2 to 4
amp which is 240 vac rated to protect the coil circuits.  You can also use a
240 VAC rated relay with 10 amp rated contacts and a 12 VDC rated coils.

These type of contactors have a electrical interlock option where when one
contactor drops off, then it shuts down the next contactor or have one
contactor turn on while the other one turns off as what is use in transfer
switches.

These contactors are re-buildable, you can replace contacts or increase the
ampere rating of the contacts. Can change the coils to any voltage you want.
Do not have to threw it away if it burns up.  Bought all my AC and DC
contactors and relays back in 1980, and they are still going today.

I do not like to have contactors with a 12 volt dc coils.  The ampere is
higher in a 12 volt which may be up to 5 amps for the main contactors.  The
coils that use the line voltage, the ampere may be only 0.5 amp.

The reason many companies only sell 12 volt coil DC contactors, instead of
line voltage as Cable Form does, is that there contactor is not design to
hold the contacts close when the battery voltage gets to the low limit
program in the controller.

My Cable Form contactors will work on a battery voltage of 250 vdc on my 180
vdc battery pack.  These contactors will not drop out until the voltage gets
way down to 11.5 vdc.  If the voltage ever gets down that low and the
voltage starts to raise again, the contactor will not come on until the
voltage reaches 160 vdc for a 180 vdc battery pack.

Roland

Any time

> Does anyone have a source and p/n for a contactor to control the 240
> VAC, 50A input of a PFC50 using a 12VDC coil?  So far I found a
> *LC1D50A6JD*
> <http://products.schneider-electric.us/products-services/product-detail/?event=productDetail&countryCode=us&partNumber=LC1D50A6JD>
> for $291 on the Square D website.  Local places don't have anything and
> EV parts places don't either, and I checked Mouser and Grainger.  Seems
> to be a tough part to find.
>
> Gary Krysztopik
> ZWheelz, LLC - www.ZWheelz.com
> Alamo City Electric Auto Association - www.aceaa.org
> blog - http://voices.mysanantonio.com/drive_electric_san_antonio/
> San Antonio, TX
>
> I also have a AC magnetic size 2 3-pole contactor that is between the AC
> input connector and the battery charger,

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Gary Krysztopik-2
Corbin - it's for the VW with an Elithion BMS which does both (regbus
and AC input).

Thanks for all the help everybody.

On 5/11/2012 12:01 PM, corbin dunn wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> What are you trying to do with that contactor? Have a way of turning off the charger?
>
> An alternative way is to tell the PFC charger to not allow charging.

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Mike Willmon
Hi Gary, I have just what you need pulled out of a commercial UPS.  I have
several of them and can let them go at a real  good price.  Only problem is
that it uses 24VDC coil if you can make that work.  Unfortunately I do not
have the part number with me.  When I get home tonight I'll send that to
you and the list.  They are 240VAC 3 phase contactors so there will be 4
poles.  Its a little overkill for what you need but it will work.  They do
show up on ebay on occasion and I think they generally go in the $50 - $75
range.

Mike

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Gary Krysztopik <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Does anyone have a source and p/n for a contactor to control the 240
> VAC, 50A input of a PFC50 using a 12VDC coil?  So far I found a
> *LC1D50A6JD*
> <
> http://products.schneider-electric.us/products-services/product-detail/?event=productDetail&countryCode=us&partNumber=LC1D50A6JD
> >
> for $291 on the Square D website.  Local places don't have anything and
> EV parts places don't either, and I checked Mouser and Grainger.  Seems
> to be a tough part to find.
>
> Gary Krysztopik
> ZWheelz, LLC - www.ZWheelz.com
> Alamo City Electric Auto Association - www.aceaa.org
> blog - http://voices.mysanantonio.com/drive_electric_san_antonio/
> San Antonio, TX
>
> I also have a AC magnetic size 2 3-pole contactor that is between the AC
> input connector and the battery charger,

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Mike Willmon
OTOH there are these for $15 if you can use 24VDC coil voltage and limit to
30A on the AC input.  What pack voltage are you charging?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-CR353AC3AH1-contactor-30-amp-3-poles-3-phase-coil-24-volt-078316640306-/330720753160?pt=BI_Electrical_Equipment_Tools&hash=item4d007e3608#ht_500wt_909

Mike

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Mike Willmon <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Gary, I have just what you need pulled out of a commercial UPS.  I have
> several of them and can let them go at a real  good price.  Only problem is
> that it uses 24VDC coil if you can make that work.  Unfortunately I do not
> have the part number with me.  When I get home tonight I'll send that to
> you and the list.  They are 240VAC 3 phase contactors so there will be 4
> poles.  Its a little overkill for what you need but it will work.  They do
> show up on ebay on occasion and I think they generally go in the $50 - $75
> range.
>
> Mike
>

> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Gary Krysztopik <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a source and p/n for a contactor to control the 240
>> VAC, 50A input of a PFC50 using a 12VDC coil?  So far I found a
>> *LC1D50A6JD*
>> <
>> http://products.schneider-electric.us/products-services/product-detail/?event=productDetail&countryCode=us&partNumber=LC1D50A6JD
>> >
>> for $291 on the Square D website.  Local places don't have anything and
>> EV parts places don't either, and I checked Mouser and Grainger.  Seems
>> to be a tough part to find.
>>
>> Gary Krysztopik
>> ZWheelz, LLC - www.ZWheelz.com
>> Alamo City Electric Auto Association - www.aceaa.org
>> blog - http://voices.mysanantonio.com/drive_electric_san_antonio/
>> San Antonio, TX
>>
>> I also have a AC magnetic size 2 3-pole contactor that is between the AC
>> input connector and the battery charger,
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Mike Willmon
oops sorry, I meant to say they go in the $500 - 750 range.  I'd let this
one go for $200.  I have 6 of them.  These are not my postings as mine are
not advertised.

But both of these are the same as the ones I have:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABB-EK-100C4P-YL-EK-100C4PYL-Contactor-170Amp-600Vac-USED-/370544391328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56462ab4a0#ht_781wt_1126

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABB-CONTACTOR-170A-170-AMP-A-600V-4P-EK-100-SK-824-040-SK-824-040-DB-24V-COIL-/300669998636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460154162c#ht_1895wt_892

On 5/11/2012 3:13 PM, Mike Willmon wrote:
> OTOH there are these for $15 if you can use 24VDC coil voltage and limit to
> 30A on the AC input.  What pack voltage are you charging?
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-CR353AC3AH1-contactor-30-amp-3-poles-3-phase-coil-24-volt-078316640306-/330720753160?pt=BI_Electrical_Equipment_Tools&hash=item4d007e3608#ht_500wt_909

That's a far better candidate than your last one. This one is a from a
reputable manufacturer, and has ratings that have been tested by the
various safety agencies. I have no knowledge or connection with the seller.

Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeahart at earthlink.net

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Look at the GE Part No. where it has in the part No. AC3.  This is not a
contactor you can turn off at the full load listing.  These contactors are
normally rated for the starting load of a motor.

For example, A 1/2 hp motor that is 8 amp running may have a starting load
of 30 amps.  This contactor is not design to open at this starting load of
30 amps but rather at the running ampere of the motor.

You need at least a AC4 designation rating contactor which can break at full
load.

It is preferred to have the full load break at 80% rating of the contactor
or 24 amps on a 30 amp contactor.

> On 5/11/2012 3:13 PM, Mike Willmon wrote:
> > OTOH there are these for $15 if you can use 24VDC coil voltage and limit
> > 30A on the AC input.  What pack voltage are you charging?
> > http://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-CR353AC3AH1-contactor-30-amp-3-poles-3-phase-coil-24-volt-078316640306-/330720753160?pt=BI_Electrical_Equipment_Tools&hash=item4d007e3608#ht_500wt_909
>
> That's a far better candidate than your last one. This one is a from a
> reputable manufacturer, and has ratings that have been tested by the
> various safety agencies. I have no knowledge or connection with the
> seller.
>
> --
> Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons.
> -- R. Buckminster Fuller
> --
> Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeahart at earthlink.net

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Mark Grasser
After looking at the contactor, very nice by the way, I just want to say,
NEVER break the ground wire, Only the hot and neutral.

Sincerely,
Mark Grasser

Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeahart at earthlink.net

Re: Contactor between charger and battery - charger input contactor

Mike Willmon
In the application I pulled these out of they ran 3 hots and a neutral
through the contactor.  The green wire terminated to the chassis.

But I took them because I see lots of experimental uses for these big lugs
;-)

Mike