Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?

KilowattA798
I will attempt to run deep into the 7s in Tucson Dec.30/31.I added a little
weight to the front end so I can steer the beast to the finish line. We also
added a taller and wider tire to hook up a little more power. I envision tuning
the zilla to 70% next weekend. Its the last race of the year and my last
chance to run 7s in 07. Projected weather cold, cloudy and windy. My 1st day and
possible only race day will be Sunday, if we do not break the record we will
race on Monday also. A German and PBS film crew will also be there to document
the record.                             Dennis Berube

Re: Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?

Lyle-3
GOOD LUCK!!  THAT IS A GOOD WAY TO BRING IN THE NEW
YEAR.

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> I will attempt to run deep into the 7s in Tucson
> Dec.30/31.I added a little
> weight to the front end so I can steer the beast to
> the finish line. We also
> added a taller and wider tire to hook up a little
> more power. I envision tuning
> the zilla to 70% next weekend. Its the last race of
> the year and my last
> chance to run 7s in 07. Projected weather cold,
> cloudy and windy. My 1st day and
> possible only race day will be Sunday, if we do not
> break the record we will
> race on Monday also. A German and PBS film crew will
> also be there to document
> the record.                             Dennis
> Berube

Re: Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?

John Wayland
Hello to Dennis and All,

I can't tell you how glad I am to hear you once again, talking about
bettering your ETs! I predict a 7.65 @ 165 mph.

See Ya....John Wayland

[hidden email] wrote:

>I will attempt to run deep into the 7s in Tucson Dec.30/31.I added a little
>weight to the front end so I can steer the beast to the finish line. We also
>added a taller and wider tire to hook up a little more power. I envision tuning
>the zilla to 70% next weekend. Its the last race of the year and my last
>chance to run 7s in 07. Projected weather cold, cloudy and windy. My 1st day and
>possible only race day will be Sunday, if we do not break the record we will
>race on Monday also. A German and PBS film crew will also be there to document
>the record.                             Dennis Berube

Re: Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?

kEVs
What is the name of the drag strip?
I missed Bills run at Pomona but will not miss this
one
see you there
kEVs

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> I will attempt to run deep into the 7s in Tucson
> Dec.30/31.I added a little
> weight to the front end so I can steer the beast to
> the finish line. We also
> added a taller and wider tire to hook up a little
> more power. I envision tuning
> the zilla to 70% next weekend. Its the last race of
> the year and my last
> chance to run 7s in 07. Projected weather cold,
> cloudy and windy. My 1st day and
> possible only race day will be Sunday, if we do not
> break the record we will
> race on Monday also. A German and PBS film crew will
> also be there to document
> the record.                             Dennis
> Berube

Re: Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?

KilowattA798
In a message dated 12/25/2007 10:48:34 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> e: [EVDL] Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?
> Date:12/25/2007 10:48:34 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> What is the name of the drag strip?
> I missed Bills run at Pomona but will not miss this
> one
> see you there
> kEVs
> *******It south western International,   SIR    Bring your camera!!
> --- [hidden email] wrote:
>
> >I will attempt to run deep into the 7s in Tucson
> >Dec.30/31.I added a little
> >weight to the front end so I can steer the beast to
> >the finish line. We also
> >added a taller and wider tire to hook up a little
> >more power. I envision tuning
> >the zilla to 70% next weekend. Its the last race of
> >the year and my last
> >chance to run 7s in 07. Projected weather cold,
> >cloudy and windy. My 1st day and
> >possible only race day will be Sunday, if we do not
> >break the record we will
> >race on Monday also. A German and PBS film crew will
> >also be there to document
> >the record.                             Dennis
> >Berube
> >______

Re: Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?

KilowattA798
In a message dated 12/25/2007 10:24:19 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> L] Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?
> Date:12/25/2007 10:24:19 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Hello to Dennis and All,
>
> I can't tell you how glad I am to hear you once again, talking about
> bettering your ETs! I predict a 7.65 @ 165 mph.
>
> See Ya....John Wayland

My Crew and I  would be happy with that et and mph, but the car is geared to
cross the finish line at 172mph this time. I will try weather and track
permitting after I reset the record to get kicked off the track!!!!    Dennis Berube

Re: Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?

Rush Dougherty
Dennis is going to be at Southwestern International Raceway
http://www.sirace.com/

Our club will have a cheering section for him!

Rush
Tucson, AZ
2000 Insight, 66.7lmpg, #4965
www.ironandwood.org
www.Airphibian.com
www.TEVA2.com

> I missed Bills run at Pomona but will not miss this
> one
> see you there
> kEVs
>
> --- [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> I will attempt to run deep into the 7s in Tucson
>> Dec.30/31.I added a little
>> weight to the front end so I can steer the beast to
>> the finish line. We also
>> added a taller and wider tire to hook up a little
>> more power. I envision tuning
>> the zilla to 70% next weekend. Its the last race of
>> the year and my last
>> chance to run 7s in 07. Projected weather cold,
>> cloudy and windy. My 1st day and
>> possible only race day will be Sunday, if we do not
>> break the record we will
>> race on Monday also. A German and PBS film crew will
>> also be there to document
>> the record.                             Dennis
>> Berube

> 12/25/2007 12:18 PM

Re: Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?

David Nelson-5
On Dec 25, 2007 12:23 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In a message dated 12/25/2007 10:24:19 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> [hidden email] writes:
> cross the finish line at 172mph this time. I will try weather and track
> permitting after I reset the record to get kicked off the track!!!!    Dennis Berube

Pardon the simple question, but do you mean that if, or I should say,
whey you reach that record that the track rules won't allow you to
race there again because you went too fast?

--
David D. Nelson

http://evalbum.com/1328

Re: Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?

KilowattA798
In a message dated 12/25/2007 6:58:42 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> DL] Current Eliminator Dragster 7s in 07?
> Date:12/25/2007 6:58:42 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> On Dec 25, 2007 12:23 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >In a message dated 12/25/2007 10:24:19 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> >[hidden email] writes:
> >cross the finish line at 172mph this time. I will try weather and track
> >permitting after I reset the record to get kicked off the track!!!!
> Dennis Berube
>
> Pardon the simple question, but do you mean that if, or I should say,
> whey you reach that record that the track rules won't allow you to
> race there again because you went too fast?
>
> --
> David D. Nelson
>
> http://evalbum.com/1328

The Current Eliminator has a chassis spec.of 7.50et.The Nhra et limit for
electrics is 7.50.Nedra is working to get that down to 6.00et.So I would like to
shoot for 7.500 and then back it up with a 7.42 for the nedra record.At that
point I would never want to go that quick again in the CE.The track would not
deny the timeslip but I am sure there would be problems if I did it twice.At
this point I do not know that it will run that quick.
                       I will need to build a new dragster to run a 6.0
  Dennis Berube