Curtis WinVCL Software and OS download

Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks for all your info and chat about the Curtis 1238 SOC and the
subsequent discussion about the measuring of power in a pack.

I managed to get the 1314 software going and find out that the OEM of my
Curtis (a defunct UK company called the Electric Car Company) set the BDI
to  reset to 100% when it sees a 91V pack voltage.

However somewhere in the process the charging interlock on the Curtis
failed and now I can't get it out of charge mode.

The OEM added some VCL custom code so that Switch 5 on Pin 11 on the
Curtis, when an open circuit, determines that it's in charge mode. And
using the 1314 software I'm able to see that even when I put KSI voltage
into pin 11 it stays open.

I was hoping to use WinVCL and change the VCL embedded code so that I can
use one of the spare switches as the charging interlock.

Does anyone have any experience with WinVCL and is there a copy of it
available anywhere online?

Many thanks!
Matthew

07966 806 727

Re: Curtis WinVCL Software and OS download

I did a search on WinVCL, found this. There were other references. Try
asking Google to find info for you.

curtisinstruments.com/Uploads/DataSheets/1310%20(09B).pdf

Gail

On 8/20/2017 9:46 AM, Matthew Quitter via EV wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with WinVCL and is there a copy of it
> available anywhere online?

Re: Curtis WinVCL Software and OS download

Thanks Gail. Google is always my first port of call.

Have exhausted the first few pages of search results. Was hoping there might be some insider knowledge from the EVDL.

> On 20 Aug 2017, at 20:39, Gail Lucas via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I did a search on WinVCL, found this. There were other references. Try asking Google to find info for you.
>
> curtisinstruments.com/Uploads/DataSheets/1310%20(09B).pdf
>
> Gail
>
>> On 8/20/2017 9:46 AM, Matthew Quitter via EV wrote:
>> Does anyone have any experience with WinVCL and is there a copy of it
>> available anywhere online?

Re: Curtis WinVCL Software and OS download

Cruisin
You will NOT find Curtis VCL available as a download, as it is only available
to OEM and closely guarded. The only way to solve your problem which I
have done with many others is to re-flash the 1238 with the latest OS
which removes all VC and allows you to reprogram to your needs. without
any VCL limitations. Contact me if you need additional information.

Re: Curtis WinVCL Software and OS download

Hey Cruisin!

Thanks for the email. Yeah I've been knocking on Curtis' door trying to get
WinVCL and they're not particularly interested... probably doesn't help
that it's Curtis UK.

Is it possible to re-flash the controller without their software?

All the best,
Matthew

07966 806 727