DC Motor controller for Electric car

Sarah82
I'm looking for a schematic of a DC motor controller for an elecric car; either MOSFET or IGBP based outputs.  I'm also looking for there part numbers.

Re: DC Motor controller for Electric car

MPaulHolmes

Sarah82 wrote
I'm looking for a schematic of a DC motor controller for an elecric car; either MOSFET or IGBP based outputs.  I'm also looking for there part numbers.
www.zeva.com.au has a simple MOSFET based motor controller.  An IGBT based controller could be similarly done, but the driver circuit is more complicated.  Check out BG2B circuit board and BG1A for a parts list for the driver of the IGBT.

Re: DC Motor controller for Electric car

Ian Hooper-3
There's a lot of website to search through, so to save you the trouble
the motor controller report is at:

http://www.zeva.com.au/speedy/

I've since used much the same design for higher voltage/current
controllers, just using different power devices. The FET driver used
is pretty beefy and can handle several big FETs in parallel no
worries. The main thing you'll probably want to add is current
limiting. The easiest way to go are hall effect current sensors such
as the Allegro ACS- or Tamura L01Z- series, much easier than measuring
voltage drop across a shunt or the FETs!

Good luck :)

- Ian Hooper, ZEVA