Does anyone know where I can get this battery??

Does anyone know where I can get this battery??

ivan douttchak

I 'm going to be running one of these motors at full power for a duration of 6 minutes:http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?i...27&pid=B3675243 Any idea where I can get my hands on batteries like the li-ion shown here? Here's the link if you do not see the picture (http://electricppg.com/Developments/2006-10-14-Helix/courtesyFreshBreezeElectricPPG04.JPG) It appears they are running 10 kw motor at 60 V and 167 amps for a total of 25 minutes of sustained flight time. I don't need nearly that much power or duration, thought the the electric paraglider developers seem to be using this same battery, thus I assume they found the most effecient way to go by choosing these types of batteries. I have no clue where to find them, though.
The contraption will be be used for a tow unit that the pilot will take on board with him.
Check out this video if you like. Now that is en expensive electic toy!!: http://paramoteurs.tv/spip.php?article281 Thanks for your help!

- Ivan

Re: Does anyone know where I can get this battery??

Peter VanDerWal
As I recall they used LiPo batteries like the RC crowd uses (you can buy
them at just about any hobby shop) but they bought them in bulk to get a
better price.

I think you can get a better price on the ones used in cordless tools
though, especially since these include the BMS.

I just found out the Home Depot sells a Li Ion kit with two 18V 2.4Ah
batteries, a charger, drill and a light for $150.  You could sell the
drill and light on Ebay and probably get $20-$30 for them dropping the
price on batteries and charger to about $120 or so.

> I 'm going to be running one of these motors at full power for a duration
> of 6 minutes:http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?i...27&pid=B3675243 Any
> idea where I can get my hands on batteries like the li-ion shown here?
> Here's the link if you do not see the picture
> (http://electricppg.com/Developments/2006-10-14-Helix/courtesyFreshBreezeElectricPPG04.JPG)
> It appears they are running 10 kw motor at 60 V and 167 amps for a total
> of 25 minutes of sustained flight time. I don't need nearly that much
> power or duration, thought the the electric paraglider developers seem to
> be using this same battery, thus I assume they found the most effecient
> way to go by choosing these types of batteries. I have no clue where to
> find them, though.
> The contraption will be be used for a tow unit that the pilot will take on
> board with him.
> Check out this video if you like. Now that is en expensive electic toy!!:
> http://paramoteurs.tv/spip.php?article281 Thanks for your help!
>
> - Ivan

wish with the message.  By posting the message you agree that your long
legalistic signature is void.