ES-31 motor from D&D

jonglauser
Does anyone know any solid specs on the ES-31 motor from D&D systems?
I emailed their tech support asking for a torque curve plot and max
RPM. He asked my application vehicle and weight. I replied that I was
converting a VW bug at 2800 lbs. I haven't heard back.

All I really want to know is the max RPMs allowed and still safe.

-Jon Glauser
http://jonglauser.blogspot.com
http://www.evalbum.com/555

Re: ES-31 motor from D&D

Zeke Yewdall
Is that the same 6.7" motor that the evolks folks use in bug conversion
kits? They are using D&D motors.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Jon Glauser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone know any solid specs on the ES-31 motor from D&D systems?
> I emailed their tech support asking for a torque curve plot and max
> RPM. He asked my application vehicle and weight. I replied that I was
> converting a VW bug at 2800 lbs. I haven't heard back.
>
> All I really want to know is the max RPMs allowed and still safe.
>
> -Jon Glauser
> http://jonglauser.blogspot.com
> http://www.evalbum.com/555

Re: ES-31 motor from D&D

jonglauser
it is exactly that motor! Slightly more HP that the ADC 6.7" motor.
I'm going to assume the same max RPM as the ADC if I cant get any
solid numbers.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Zeke Yewdall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is that the same 6.7" motor that the evolks folks use in bug conversion
> kits? They are using D&D motors.

Re: ES-31 motor from D&D

Hi-Torque Electric
Hey Jon

6K
Cya
Jim Husted
Hi-Torque Electric
PS:  You might get more but you asked "safe" 8^)

Re: ES-31 motor from D&D

Soren
I have the ES-31B and I wrote to them and was told that 6500RPM is max, maening unsafe I suppose, and thet 2400-3600 is the efficient range.  I have been running at 4000 when I switch gears.

Soren

<quote author="Jon Glauser-2">