EV charging to go credit card. My picture in the article.

EV charging to go credit card. My picture in the article.

 I am in the 5th picture. Article is about EV charging adopting credit cards. Lawrence Rhodes
https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Most-electric-car-chargers-don-t-take-credit-14496919.php

Re: EV charging to go credit card. My picture in the article.

On 10/8/19 1:33 PM, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:
>   I am in the 5th picture. Article is about EV charging adopting credit cards. Lawrence Rhodes
> https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Most-electric-car-chargers-don-t-take-credit-14496919.php

SFChronicle attempts to force ad viewing.  Screw 'em.

Re: EV charging to go credit card. My picture in the article.

 >> SFChronicle attempts to force ad viewing.  Screw 'em.

Likewise.

I did dig through the page code and copy-paste the fifth photo
address, so now I have a face to go with the name.

Lawrence' picture: Public EVSE should use credit cards

Yes, junk ads are what I have to deal with everyday to find my EVLN items,
and why I strip out just the essentials for posting, so the evdl archive has
it.

Lawrence' picture, direct link
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/06/07/42/18380963/7/gallery_xlarge.jpg
(caption) Lawrence Rhodes of San Francisco shows the charging cards he uses
pay at public electric car charging stations.Photo: Lea Suzuki / The
Chronicle

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/

On 8 Oct 2019 at 17:22, Willie via EV wrote:

> SFChronicle attempts to force ad viewing.  Screw 'em.

Strange, I saw no ads at all here.  I did get a pop-over exhorting me to
subscribe to the paper after looking at the article, but at that point I was
done, so I just closed the browser window.

I agree strongly with the idea behind the article.  IMO it's nuts that you
can fill up an ICE in any filling station with cash or a credit card, but to
charge an EV in public, you have to carry a stack of proprietary RFID cards,
as seen in Lawrence's hand.  EVs won't have real parity with ICEVs until
they can be fueled with the same kinds of payment.

Browser controls: public EVSE that can use a credit card

I hope others with browser knowledge of how to reduce the site-host's
efforts to sell ads, shares with us.

I wade through pages ad pages, and yes many, any times the site was
written to throw pop-up ads, run videos you didn't ask to be launched
(eating-up your data limit). I have tried many browsers on different
operating systems.

My preference is to do my searches on a linux operating system
(peppermint, or mint prefered). But until I get that resetup in the
house I hope to buy, since the move from Silicon-Valley-CA, I've
been making-do with a small laptop on Win10.

With all the bummping-around searhing for EV-news-items, I've
found most sites have their pages to run on chrome-browser, but
usually, I can get-away with using a firefox-browser. I like
firefox as it has features I like, like some of the ad, pop-up,
or other anti-bombard controls.

There are several settings in each browser that you can set to
reduce how much garbage is thrown at you.

Currently, where I am residing, offers connectivity, so I tollerate
a little more loose control (which means sometimes I have to
westle with the web page to get at the text, images, & videos.
I wouldn't want to be denied page access because of a browser
seting.

To learn more abut controllingyour browser, explore
https://www.google.com/search?q=browser+page+ads

Having said all that (and  hope others will contribute),
when I do browser or even operating system updates,
the settings you had gotten the best theycan be, are
changed on you with out telling you. So, I've found its
best to write down what settings are best and after an
update, recheck those settingsto be what you want.

I hope this helps you have less grief viewing web sites.