EV conversion convention

Mark Hanson-2

Hi Folk's,

A friend sent me this on an electric vehicle conversion convention.  Has anyone gone before? Is it worthwhile?

 Subject: you going?

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/08/17/evtv-electric-vehicle-conversion-convention-to-feature-chris-pai/

Bob Farmer, mechanical designer

Re: EV conversion convention

Bill Dennis
I'm attending, and I'll be bringing my EV.  This is the first time that the convention is being held, so there weren't any previous ones to compare to.

Bill

A friend sent me this on an electric vehicle conversion convention.  Has anyone gone before? Is it worthwhile?

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/08/17/evtv-electric-vehicle-conversion-convention-to-feature-chris-pai/

Bob Farmer, mechanical designer

Re: EV conversion convention

Hello Mark,

Too far to drive for me.  The only one I know that is listed is George
Hamstron of Net Gain by E-mail which is either [hidden email] or
[hidden email].

George is the one that recommended to use a WarP-11 as a spare motor for my
GE-11 which the WarP-11 was design after.

I have recommended that it WarP motors have a series of 1/2 inch threaded
bolt holes be place on the side at 45 degrees up from the bottom of the
motor like the GE-11 has.  A standard engine mount than can be bolted
directly to the motor and to the same place on the cross member where the
engine was bolted to.

You can send all your EV conversion data to him, such as EV weight, front
weight, rear weight, frontal area, differential gear ratio, type of
transmission, transmission gear ratio in each gear, type of controller, type
of tires, diameter of tires, the speed and the range you want and what main
battery pack recommendations.

He will then send you a spread sheet that Net Gain will recommend for your
EV design.

> A friend sent me this on an electric vehicle conversion convention.  Has
> anyone gone before? Is it worthwhile?
>
>  Subject: you going?
>

> http://green.autoblog.com/2011/08/17/evtv-electric-vehicle-conversion-convention-to-feature-chris-pai/
>

> Bob Farmer, mechanical designer

Re: EV conversion convention

atzi
I guess I will go, and bring my EV. I think I can handle Jack and his attitude.
Won't be boring.
The Electric Drag race with a  $2,500 "winner take all" purse
will bring up some surprises, you watch.

EVTV conversion convention

brucedp5
http://m.krcu.org/#mobile/13635
Electric Car Convention Returns To Cape Girardeau
By Jacob McCleland  Jul 25, 2013
[image] Brian Noto shows what's going on under the hood ...
Cape Girardeau will be abuzz with electric cars again this year for the third annual Electric Car Conversion Convention. This year’s convention will be Aug. 6 through Aug. 11 at the A.C. Brase Arena Building ...
http://www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/Parks/A-C-Brase-Arena.aspx
A.C. Brase Arena
http://www.semoevents.com/cape_girardeau_mo/venues/show/1061092-a-c-brase-arena-building
http://goo.gl/maps/NJ6IO
map
http://www.afdc.energy.gov/locator/stations/results?utf8=%E2%9C%93&location=410+Kiwanis+Dr+++Cape+Girardeau%2C+MO+63701&filtered=true&fuel=ELEC&owner=all&payment=all&ev_level2=true&ev_dc_fast=true&radius_miles=5
Nearby public EVSE

{brucedp.150m.com}

EVent: EVCCON 8/6-11/2013 (video)

brucedp2

http://green.autoblog.com/2013/07/30/evtv-kicks-off-3rd-electric-vehicle-conversion-convention/
EVTV kicks off 3rd Electric Vehicle Conversion Convention next week
By Domenick Yoney  Jul 30th 2013

[video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QobKcHUoMBY
Electric Vehicle Conversion Convention EVCCON 2012
marionrickard Oct 12, 2012
Montage of scenes from the Electric Vehicle Conversion Convention, held September 26-30 2012 in Cape Girardeau Missouri - EVTV Motor Verks.
]

Ever since lithium batteries first became available to the general public, the popularity of converting gas-powered cars to run on electricity has been on the rise. This is something we can get behind, since not only does recycling previously-manufactured vehicles make environmental sense, it's also great to see classic automotive metal get a new, improved lease on life.

 Over the past few years, EVTV has been at the forefront of this pastime, offering up a wealth of information – gained from doing actual conversions, battery and component testing – each week on its Friday Show. More recently, it's become a reliable source for EV components as well.

 Now, for the third time in as many years, it is again hosting the Electric Vehicle Conversion Convention (EVCCON) in Cape Girardeau, MO. For six days, from August 6-11, EVTV principal Jack Rickard and friends will mix an electric kool-aid cocktail of epic proportions from activities that include a series of educational sessions, a Sports Car Club of America Solo autocross and Nedra-sanctioned 1/8th-mile drag race, topped off with a car show and parade.

We are especially interested in the as-yet-unfinished 21-window Samba Bus.

 Among the thirty-plus electron-sipping vehicles expected to be on hand (including Rickard's freshly-delivered Tesla Model S Performance), we are especially interested in a few of the Volkswagen variety.

 Besides a pair of V-Dub Thing convertibles – one prepared by EVTV, the other by viewer and video contributor Jeff Southern – that will offer a nice compare and contrast of build approaches, there will be an as-yet-unfinished 21-window Samba Bus. You can hear about the story behind this vehicle and what makes it so unique and awe-inspiring here and then scroll on down for the official press release along with a lengthy video montage of last year's event.
[© 2013 AOL]
http://www.evtv.me/evccon.html

For all EVLN posts use:
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date

{brucedp.150m.com}

Re: EV conversion convention

Cruisin
I wouldn't waste my time or money on a sales event by a guy with a attitude problem who only survives in front of a camera. I have sold to him and bought from him. Its was a nightmare in all instances. Web site has no ph# to talk to anybody for support, VERY VERY high prices and bad delivery times. I am telling you what I know from experience, not here say. He should NOT be in business.

Re: EV conversion convention

brucedp5
This post was updated on .
See original post

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EV-conversion-convention-tp3752686p4664552.html
]

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - IMAP accessible web-mail

On 3 Aug 2013 at 7:48, Cruisin wrote:

> I wouldn't waste my time or money on a sales event by a guy with a attitude
> problem who only survives in front of a camera.

This is a strange post.  From what I can tell, it seems to be in reply to a
message posted about 2 years ago, in August 2011, by Mark Hanson.

Maybe your ISP accidentally restored an ancient backup to their mailserver,
and the message came to you in a "time warp."

Re: EV conversion convention

Cruisin
It was a reply to his post. Didn't notice the date of it. My comments are still current and nothing has changed.

Re: EV conversion convention

David Nelson-5
The thing is, the convention isn't about Jack selling more stuff. It is
about getting a bunch of conversion enthusiasts together in one place
so they can network and spread the EV spirit.

David D. Nelson
http://evalbum.com/1328
http://www.levforum.com

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 From: Cruisin
Sent: 8/3/2013 17:27
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EV conversion convention
It was a reply to his post. Didn't notice the date of it. My comments are
still current and nothing has changed.

Re: EV conversion convention

Rick Beebe
I went to the convention last year and had a great time. It is as you
say. In fact the amenities, swag, and activities couldn't possibly have
been paid for by our attendance fee. EVTV had a vendor booth amid all
the other ones and there were no sales pitches of any kind. I'm
disappointed that I had to miss it this year.

I have recently started to buy some stuff from him (and others) and his
delivery time is the best of any of the EV supply places (he's not a
digikey or mouser yet, though).

His prices are high but there's usually some value-add in it. And I feel
comfortable that I'll get what I order. That said, I usually comparison
shop and if the difference is dramatic I order from someone else. For
example, JLD404 meter is $175 from him. $70 direct from Lightobject.
Jack adds a shunt and solders in a dc/dc converter. I did that too but,
of course, had to source and order those separately. In this case it
wasn't worth $100 to me for him to do it. But in other cases it's worth
the little extra surcharge.

--Rick