EV for Sale?

anthony-2
Good day, I am a new member of the EVDL Mail list living in Victoria, BC Canada. I just saw a film that confirmed my desire to NOT support the big oil. It's called "Thrive" you can find the full length version free on youtube. I joined The EVDL mail list, among other reasons, to find an affordable electric car. I'm looking particularly for a 4 door, 72 V and up, preferably located in BC or at least in the Pacific Northwest. Doesn't matter if it is old or needs work, or batteries.Do any of you EVDL members have any old EV's lying around? Thank you for helping me realize my goal.
Sincerely,
Andrew Baskin
Victoria BC
250 853 3386
250 857 3520

Re: EV for Sale?

Mike Nickerson
Welcome!

I don't have anything for sale, but I can recommend some sources.

www.evtradinpost.com - That is the site I used to find my EV.
www.craigslist.org - Often has cars of all sorts including EVs.  A friend
got his EV here.

Bruce  P regularly posts EVs for sale to the list, from the sources above as
well as others.  If you check the EVDL archives, you should be able to find
them.

Mike Nickerson
www.evalbum.com/2778

Re: EV for Sale?

brucedp5
Welcome to the evdl Andrew.

Though you have said what you looking for, 72V and above, it would be
helpful to know more, like your price range, your EV driving needs, etc.
You mentioned doing or repairing a conversion. Please read
http://brucedp.150m.com/ev-conversion-approach.txt

I suggest you check out
http://veva.dhs.org/forsale/index.php
and hook up with them as your local EV organization

Other EV businesses near you are
http://www.hotfrog.ca/Products/Electric-vehicle/BC

Though you said 72V and above, I suggest you target highway speed
capable EVs (120VDC and above).

My EVs4Sale listings are
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evs4sale&days=180&sort=date

The craigslist listings for your area:

http://victoria.craigslist.ca/search/sss?query=%22electric+car%22&srchType=A&minAsk=1000&maxAsk=

http://victoria.craigslist.ca/search/sss?query=%22electric+vehicle%22&srchType=A&minAsk=1000&maxAsk=

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=%22electric+car%22&srchType=A&minAsk=1000&maxAsk=

Though the EVs you stated are more affordable, if you went with a
Production EV, it would likely be a Leaf EV or an i-miev EV
http://www.usednissanvictoria.com/used/Nissan/2011-Nissan-Leaf-adf01b450a0a006401aa82416ac321bb.htm

http://www.autotrader.ca/used-cars-trucks-suvs/Nissan/LEAF

http://www.autotrader.ca/used-cars-trucks-suvs/Nissan/LEAF

http://www.mitsubishii-miev.ca/category/mitsubishi-i-miev-victoria-bc/

http://www.mitsubishii-miev.ca/tag/harris-mitsubishi/page/2/?switch_template=compact

Whatever EV you get serious about, consider tapping into the public
EVSE, see
http://www.recargo.com/search?search=Victoria%2C+BC%2C+canada&commit=+++SEARCH+++

{brucedp.150m.com}

-

-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are

Re: EV for Sale?

fred ungewitter
Curious timing for your request, as there is a 2002 Toyota Rav4EV for sale on eBay, item number 251010920523 with nine days remaining for the auction. As a current Rav4EV owner, I can recommend this particular vehicle for your purposes, unless the auction prices go stratospheric. One key aspect of this particular auction is that the battery pack was reconditioned two years ago, according to the item description. That could mean another hundred thousand miles remaining on the vehicle if properly managed. Three pennies (US) per mile is hard to beat!