EV owner needed for Public Charging Station Ribbon cutting in Carmel, CA

EV owner needed for Public Charging Station Ribbon cutting in Carmel, CA

Linda Meckel
Hi Everyone,

Would anyone with an Electric Vehicle be available to Plug-In for a Ribbon Cutting next Wednesday, October 5th at 10am in Carmel at the Sunset Center (8th St between Mission and San Carlos)?

We have a brand new Public EV Charging station that we are unveiling and would love to have at least one vehicle there to show how it works. Please contact me, Linda Meckel at (831)264-5084.

Thanks,

Linda Meckel, Planner
Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments
445 Reservation Rd, Suite G | Marina, CA 93933

(p) 831.883.3750 ext 304
(direct) 831.264.5084
(f) 831.883.3755

Rideshare Month is October 2011!
Sign up today at  http://www.ridesharemonth.com<http://www.ridesharemonth.com/>

Re: EV owner needed for Public Charging Station Ribbon cutting in Carmel, CA

brucedp5
I have forwarded the post to my EV contact in Aptos, CA
(40 miles North of Carmel, CA), asking for a J1772
compatible EV to attend the ribbon cutting, and show the
new EVSE's functionality.

{brucedp.150m.com}

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own

Re: EV owner needed for Public Charging Station Ribbon cutting in Carmel, CA

Mark F
Hi Linda,

That's good news about a charging station in Carmel. I am waiting on delivery of a Green Vehicle Moose. I live in Santa Cruz and haven't seen any charging stations listed in the Monterey area. Is this the first?

Re: EV owner needed for Public Charging Station Ribbon cutting in Carmel, CA

Cruisin
Hi Linda, I and other EV conversion owners in the Livermore area would love to join you at the new charging staion ribbon cutting event, however most if not all conversions use either 110v or 220v for charging and are not fitted with the J1772 plug. If there will be a adapter avail;able call me at 925.292.8565
Al Bullock

Re: EV owner needed for Public Charging Station Ribbon cutting in Carmel, CA

brucedp5
This post was updated on .
That is a nice offer Al, but previous dialogs I have had
with Linda, leads me to think she:

-likely does not monitor the evdl, so you have to email her
 directly to get her time

-does not have any type of J1772 to 14-50 adapter, and [IMO]
 would not want to have an adapter showing when the Press
 takes pictures (that is the purpose of a ribbon cutting,
 to get PR ... Oooh, shiny ... ).

>From Livermore to Carmel is a 200+ mile round trip. So, I
suggest you plan your recharging route via
http://recargo.com/search

A good looking conversion that is J1772 compatible would be
excellent PR for our cause (I know if I still had my Blazer
conversion, I would have a J1772 coupler mounted in the front
of my EV).

Will Beckett of the http://eaacc.org Central Coast EAA is
working on getting a vehicle to attend. So, any J1772
compatible EV that will be contacting Linda directly,
*please also cc Will to let him know (the bottom webmaster
link on that chapter's website will get him).

{brucedp.150m.com}

-

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Email service worth paying for. Try it for free

Re: EV owner needed for Public Charging Station Ribbon cutting in Carmel, CA

corbin dunn
It's possibly within range for me from the Santa Cruz mountains (provided I charge there for a while!). I have a J1772 adapter and use it at work nearly every day.

However...I have this "work" thing that gets in the way of me going.

I also asked my friend Ken Adelman if he'd be interested in going. He's got one of the J1772 adapters for his roadster.

corbin