EVI "FICS" cable for EVI ICS-200

nworbekim
Hi,

i'm looking for a serial interface cable (or its specifications) made by EVI
for their AVCON ICS-200 EVSE.  EVI called it a "Field Installation
Configuration System" or FICS.  The reason for this bit of archaeology is to
change operating parameters of an ICS-200 converted to J1772.

The kind folks at Clipper Creek don't have any of the cables and I
haven't been able to find this info on the internet and hope you can
help.

Regards,
Mike Brown

Re: EVI "FICS" cable for EVI ICS-200

Rush Dougherty
Mike,

I have the cable you're looking for. Check out this link
http://tucsonev.com/otherJ1772.html which shows one of the plugs I sell
being exchanged for the Avcon head of an ICS-200. The cable shown is similar
to the cable I carry  - see www.TucsonEV.com

Rush
www.TucsoEV.com

Hi Rush,

Thanks, I'll keep looking for the serial configuration cable.

regards,
Mike

On Feb 6, 2013, at 12:01 AM, Rush Dougherty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My apologies, thought it the cable you were looking for.
>
> regards,
>
> Rush
> www.TucsonEV.com

Tom Keenan
There was a short conversation on the mynissanleaf forum about the ICS-200 in December.  Someone there claimed to have a FICS adapter:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?style=3&f=26&t=10817

Perhaps you could borrow it to perform the maintenance or discover how it is wired?

Tom Keenan

Re: Seeking "FICS" serial configuration cable info on EVII ICS-200 Avcon EVSE

brucedp5
[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVI-quot-FICS-quot-cable-for-EVI-ICS-200-td4661044.html
]

The case for the (circa ~1990's) EVII ICS-200 Avcon EVSE
http://carstations.com/wp-content/uploads/10340/AVC-ICS-200.jpg
http://www.tucsonev.com/images/EVIDS50/AvconICS-200DoorOpen.jpg
https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pWUsMizQSCti_kVmGLUS7dE2e2SyH4z4CcRbJcKfxtjPN17v7qJuRXADsup_Uy_bF/HPCLB_3.jpg?rdrts=34798482

looks very similar to today's Clipper Creek J1772 EVSE
http://www.blogcdn.com/green.autoblog.com/media/2011/02/andrewsranchodelnorte.jpg
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt155/TimeHorse/EVSE/Blog%20Size/IMG_1100-1.jpg
http://21stcenturyfuels.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Inside-SAE-J1772-AC-Level-2-EV-Charging-Station.jpg

That's because the some of the same people that worked for EVII, now
work at Clipper Creek. Interestingly, it looks like the internal
electronics are laid out similarly.

I would contact Clipper Creek, and also I would contact Tom Dowling, who
is an EAA Charging Infrastructure Board Appointee (his email address is
linked on
http://www.electricauto.org/?page=Contact
). He worked with the Clipper Creek folk to do the upgrades of the old
public Avcons to Clipper Creek EVSE (via California grant$). He may know
someone who still has the old schematics or knowledge of the old EVII
ICS-200 Avcon EVSE.

{brucedp.150m.com}

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Access your email from home and the web

Re: EVI "FICS" cable for EVI ICS-200

nworbekim
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reference.  Before reaching out to the EV list, I sent
messages to the person who has the FICS cable and haven't heard from
them yet.

Regards,
Mike

On Feb 6, 2013, at 8:59 AM, Tom Keenan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There was a short conversation on the mynissanleaf forum about the ICS-200 in December.  Someone there claimed to have a FICS adapter:
> http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?style=3&f=26&t=10817
>
> Perhaps you could borrow it to perform the maintenance or discover how it is wired?
>
> Tom Keenan

Re: Seeking "FICS" serial configuration cable info on EVII ICS-200 Avcon EVSE

nworbekim
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the great information!

I did trade emails with folks at Clipper Creek.  They didn't have any
FICS cables left--the last one they loaned out wasn't returned.  It
was Jason @ Clipper Creek who suggested I post my search to the EV
mailing list.  I will follow up with Tom.

Regards,
Mike