EVLN: 24 hour Leaf EV Test Drive

brucedp5

[unformatted]
http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/the-nissan-leaf-24-hour-test-drive_42767
[image] The Nissan Leaf 24 hour Test Drive
By Geraldine Ashton Green

The Nissan Leaf can be test driven over a 24 hour period so electric driving can be experienced to the full. The Nissan Leaf can be picked up in the morning and dropped back the following day.

Nissan have also announced that the new Nissan Leaf will be available for short term hire in London and Paris. This will also make the Leaf available to a wider audience.

[Get a Test Drive
http://www.motoring.co.uk/cgi-bin/ask_for_testdrive.cgi?manufacturer=NISSAN&model=LEAF&year=&newsid=42767

 Order a Brohure
http://www.motoring.co.uk/cgi-bin/ask_for_brochure.cgi?manufacturer=NISSAN&model=LEAF&year=&newsid=42767
]

Drivers who are currently unsure whether a 100% electric car is suitable for their needs can take advantage of the 24 hour test drive or rent a Nissan Leaf and live in real world conditions so they can evaluate the car in their own time.

The Nissan Leaf is the first 100% electric vehicle to be awarded five stars from Euro NCAP. It is fully equipped with features such as regenerative braking, air conditioning, satellite navigation, parking camera and advanced on-board IT and telematics systems. The electric motor is powered by a Nissan-developed laminated lithium-ion battery with an output of more than 90kW and has a range of more than 100 miles.
[© motoring.co.uk ]

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date
All EVLN posts

{brucedp.150m.com}

Re: EVLN: 24 hour Leaf EV Test Drive

martinwinlow
Whilst a good idea and innovative too, a day isn't really long enough to make a good assessment for such a perceived radical change in direction for the average motorist.

Seems to me that a better system would be to 'hire' the Leaf to the potential purchaser for a week or so at the lower end of standard hire rates and then, if the hirer ends up ordering one, to knock the hire cost off the purchase cost.  Everyone's a winner.

Regards, Martin Winlow
Herts, UK
http://www.evalbum.com/2092
www.winlow.co.uk