EVLN: 2e-motor Taycan looks impressive 0-60mph:3s (v)

EVLN: 2e-motor Taycan looks impressive 0-60mph:3s (v)

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/08/10/video-the-porsche-taycan-looks-mightily-impressive/
VIDEO: The Porsche Taycan looks mightily impressive
August 10th, 2019  Nico DeMattia

[images
https://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Porsche-Mission-E-images-1900x1200-04-750x500.jpg
Porsche Mission E

https://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Porsche-Mission-E-images-1900x1200-10-750x563.jpg

video
https://youtu.be/TP9kokeyxGU
Porsche Taycan WORLD EXCLUSIVE genuine first drive & launch control testing
0-200kph | Fully Charged
]

At the moment, Tesla is the EV-darling, especially in terms of performance.
While the Model S P100D might not be the best performance EV in …

At the moment, Tesla is the EV-darling, especially in terms of performance.
While the Model S P100D might not be the best performance EV in the world,
it’s certainly the most popular by a huge margin. However, that might soon
change, as the upcoming Porsche Taycan is on its way and Johnny Smith from
the Fully Charged Show recently had an exclusive opportunity to drive it.
And it seems mightily impressive.

If you aren’t in the know, the Porsche Taycan is going to be the brand’s
first all-electric performance car and it’s on its way quite soon. It will
use two electric motors, one at each axle, to give it full-time torque
vectoring all-wheel drive. It will also have over 600 hp and 800-volt
charging capabilities.

The reason why we’re bringing this up is because the Taycan is likely going
to become the new EV benchmark, the car by which all other performance EVs
are measured. So when BMW debuts its future electric performance cars,
enthusiasts are going to wonder how it stacks up against the Porsche Taycan.

With that much power, the Taycan is capable of 0-60 mph in just a touch over
three seconds. Now that’s not as brutally fast as the Tesla Model S P100D in
Ludicrous mode. However, the Porsche does have a very distinct advantage. It
can do that 0-60 mph sprint, with the same results, over and over and over
again, without issue. Do it more than once in a Tesla and it waves a white
flag, asking you to stop for fear of damaging the batteries. Not so with the
Porsche Taycan, which can do that same brutally fast sprint all day long,
without damaging its batteries. Why? Because it’s made properly.

In this video, Johnny Smith seems seriously impressed with the Taycan and he
knows a thing or two about electric cars. While we don’t get a great look at
it, because it’s still covered in a ton of camo in this video, we do learn
enough about it to get excited.

When it comes out, the Porsche Taycan will be one of the very most exciting
cars on the market and one of the very most impressive EVs to date. We can’t
wait to see it in the flesh.
[© bmwblog.com]

+
https://antinuclear.net/2019/08/11/plasmaball-run-three-non-tesla-electric-cars-charge-to-esperance-from-perth-reneweconomy/
Plasmaball Run: Three (non-Tesla) electric cars charge to Esperance from
Perth
2019-08-11  West Australian AEVA members initiate a “Plasmaball Run”
challenge to get to Esperance as quick as they can by electric car ...
remember the 1981 movie ‘Cannonball Run’ starring Burt Reynolds?  The goal
was to drive from one side of the US to the other in record time, & anything
was fair game ...
https://i1.wp.com/reneweconomy.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/plasmaball-run-ravensthorpe.jpg
https://thedriven.io/2019/08/06/first-model-3-test-drive-in-australia-bloody-hell-that-was-quick/
First Model 3 test drive in Australia: Bloody hell, that was quick!
August 6, 2019  For this Australia-first test drive, the assembled auto
media was provided with those top-of-the-range performance models to do four
laps around a windy 5km track ...
https://thedriven.io/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_2044.jpg

Re: EVLN: 2e-motor Taycan looks impressive 0-60mph:3s (v)

Porsche Taycan, which can do that same brutally fast sprint all day long,
without damaging its batteries. Why? Because it’s made properly.

These people crack me up. Porsche trying to complete with Tesla. They still don’t see Elon’s vision.

Sent from my iPhone