EVLN: €750k Alieno 5,221hp HyperEV.bg r:634mi

EVLN: €750k Alieno 5,221hp HyperEV.bg r:634mi

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/alieno-is-an-electric-hypercar-that-will-generate-an-alleged-5-221-horsepower
Alieno is an Electric Hypercar That Will Generate an Alleged
5,221-Horsepower
07/07/2018

[images
http://media.techeblog.com/images/alieno-electric-hypercar.jpg
Alieno Electric Hypercar

https://i.imgur.com/jSmv75v.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G1Cuul8.jpg

https://images.carscoops.com/2018/07/de886807-alieno-arcanum-1.jpg
]

Another day, another electric vehicle that just might change the entire
supercar / hypercar scene. This time, it hails from Bulgaria, and called the
"Alieno," with the flagship model generating an insane 5,221 hp and 6,490
lb-ft of torque. The four different models will all be powered by a direct
drive electric powertrain that consists of six electric motors per wheel for
a total of 24 small electric motors, each capable of being controlled
individually. That's not all, it also boasts a robotic suspension alongside
traditional double wishbones, pushrods, and adjustable anti-roll bars.
Continue reading for more pictures and information.

"While Alieno hasn't published acceleration times, it claims the 5,221 hp
model will reach 303 mph. The size of the battery pack, complete with
graphene LiPo cells and supercapacitors, varies between 60 kWh and 180 kWh
and in its largest form, delivers up to 634 miles of range on a single
charge. Alieno says its order books for the Arcanum are now open, with
prices ranging from €750,000 ($878,000) to €1.5 million ($1.755 million)
depending on the model," reports Car Scoops.
[© techeblog.com]

+
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/porsche-taycan-spied-fake-exhaust-170003016.html?guccounter=1
Porsche Taycan spied with fake exhaust tips
9 July 2018  51 minutes ago  Porsche is gearing up for what will most likely
be the most revolutionary model in the brand's history. According to
different sources, the all-electric Taycan will go ...
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/BlLPg8y0iqhcOtxq5b9W0Q--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9MTI4MDtoPTk2MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/homerun/motor1_uk_340/b4664aecfe2ce1f4b0281288b9fd541a

Re: EVLN: €750k Alieno 5,221hp HyperEV.bg r:634mi

Seems to me the most amazing achievement of this car has nothing to do with
the electric drivetrain, and everything to do the stunning advance in tire
technology that allows more than a small fraction of 5221 hp to be
transferred to the pavement.

Or not.

Chris

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 1:08 AM brucedp5 via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/alieno-is-an-electric-hypercar-that-will-generate-an-alleged-5-221-horsepower
> Alieno is an Electric Hypercar That Will Generate an Alleged
> 5,221-Horsepower
> 07/07/2018
>
> [images
> http://media.techeblog.com/images/alieno-electric-hypercar.jpg
> Alieno Electric Hypercar
>
> https://i.imgur.com/jSmv75v.jpg
>
> https://i.imgur.com/G1Cuul8.jpg
>
> https://images.carscoops.com/2018/07/de886807-alieno-arcanum-1.jpg
> ]
>
> Another day, another electric vehicle that just might change the entire
> supercar / hypercar scene. This time, it hails from Bulgaria, and called
> the
> "Alieno," with the flagship model generating an insane 5,221 hp and 6,490
> lb-ft of torque. The four different models will all be powered by a direct
> drive electric powertrain that consists of six electric motors per wheel
> for
> a total of 24 small electric motors, each capable of being controlled
> individually. That's not all, it also boasts a robotic suspension alongside
> traditional double wishbones, pushrods, and adjustable anti-roll bars.
> Continue reading for more pictures and information.
>
> "While Alieno hasn't published acceleration times, it claims the 5,221 hp
> model will reach 303 mph. The size of the battery pack, complete with
> graphene LiPo cells and supercapacitors, varies between 60 kWh and 180 kWh
> and in its largest form, delivers up to 634 miles of range on a single
> charge. Alieno says its order books for the Arcanum are now open, with
> prices ranging from €750,000 ($878,000) to €1.5 million ($1.755 million)
> depending on the model," reports Car Scoops.
> [© techeblog.com]
>

> +
>
> https://uk.news.yahoo.com/porsche-taycan-spied-fake-exhaust-170003016.html?guccounter=1
> Porsche Taycan spied with fake exhaust tips
> 9 July 2018  51 minutes ago  Porsche is gearing up for what will most
> likely
> be the most revolutionary model in the brand's history. According to
> different sources, the all-electric Taycan will go ...
>
> https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/BlLPg8y0iqhcOtxq5b9W0Q--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9MTI4MDtoPTk2MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/homerun/motor1_uk_340/b4664aecfe2ce1f4b0281288b9fd541a
>

> For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
>  http://evdl.org/archive/
>

> {brucedp.neocities.org}

Re: EVLN: €750k Alieno 5,221hp HyperEV.bg r:634mi

Chris,
It probably helps to realize that their largest battery alone weighs about
3,000 lbs, so add its support/enclosure and assume that they have been able
to push the envelope and the battery is almost half the weight of the
vehicle, then you see it is about 3 metric tonnes of car, which will need a
lot of power to qualify as hypercar.
But it is easy to dyno a single small motor to its peak hp and torque,
multiply that by 24 and claim that is what the car can produce. If they do,
they open their doors wide for lawsuits, when customers actually have their
cars measured.
And as you said, getting it to the road is yet another story, you can't
drive around with tires glued to the pavement.
Cor.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 9:48 AM Chris Tromley via EV <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >

> > +
> >

> https://uk.news.yahoo.com/porsche-taycan-spied-fake-exhaust-170003016.html?guccounter=1
> > Porsche Taycan spied with fake exhaust tips
> > 9 July 2018  51 minutes ago  Porsche is gearing up for what will most
> > likely
> > be the most revolutionary model in the brand's history. According to
> > different sources, the all-electric Taycan will go ...
> >

> https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/BlLPg8y0iqhcOtxq5b9W0Q--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9MTI4MDtoPTk2MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/homerun/motor1_uk_340/b4664aecfe2ce1f4b0281288b9fd541a
> >

> > For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
> >  http://evdl.org/archive/
> >

> > {brucedp.neocities.org}
> >
> > --
> > Sent from: http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/

Re: EVLN: €750k Alieno 5,221hp HyperEV.bg r:634mi

I guess my problem is that I broke my own rule about trying to make sense
about something that is inherently irrational.  Hypercars are an utter
waste of time.  They are sold only to those with more money and ego than
sense.  Most of them are truly appalling as road vehicles. Bad ergos, worse
outward visibility, truckish ride, and the undeniable fact that you will
never get the thing into its happy place on the road without fairly begging
to be thrown in jail.  The only way to get it into its happy place is on a
race track, where it is hopelessly outclassed by the real race cars that
belong there because it has too many compromises for road use.  No one who
understands the concept of using the right tool for the job would bother
with one.

So its one and only use is for track days, where you just go fast without
competing because you can't.  And only a minute fraction of owners will do
that, because who wants to risk $50k - $100k or more for a minor tangle,
especially since at a track day you're surrounded by other racer wanabes,
not experienced racers.

The existence of hypercars is just one of those things that make one wonder
how we've lasted so long as a species.

Chris