EVLN: A Leaf EV Punk’d! South-African Gas-Station Attendants (video)

EVLN: A Leaf EV Punk’d! South-African Gas-Station Attendants (video)

brucedp5

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1088002_what-happens-to-a-nissan-leaf-electric-car-at-a-gas-station
What Happens To A Nissan Leaf Electric Car At A Gas Station?
By Stephen Edelstein  Oct 28, 2013  ht2 Kelly Carmichael

[video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJfjn0uin_s
Nissan Leaf steals the show
sabcdigitalnews· Oct 21, 2013
]

"Looks like we are going to fight with this car," one gas station attendant says to another.

You're in for quite a fight if you think you can fill a Nissan Leaf electric car with gasoline.

In a delightful new South African television ad for the Leaf, the pretty young driver plays a "Candid Camera"-style trick: pulling up to the pumps and nonchalantly asking the attendant to fill 'er up.

Obviously, that turns out to be a bit of a problem.

When they can't find a fuel door in the customary spot on the rear fenders, the station employees get creative. They look all over the car, including underneath.

Not getting any help from the customer, they eventually find the Leaf's nose-mounted charging port.

But just as they prepare to pour gasoline into it ... well, just watch the ad.

We loved the ad's cheerfulness, its 2-minute build, and the lilting background music.

This more comedic take on zero-emission motoring builds on previous Nissan ads that tried to get customers into electric cars by highlighting the tedium of internal combustion.

One global ad promised customers that they would never have to stop at a gas station again; another boldly claimed that "The question isn't, 'Why electric?' It's 'Why gas?'"
[© Green Car Reports]
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-it-mean-to-get-punked.htm
What Does it Mean to get "Punked"?

For all EVLN posts use:
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date

Here are today's archive-only EV posts:

EVLN: Navia Driverless Electric Shuttle (video)
EVLN: $26.7k Tesla-E Gen3 To Launch In 2016 r:199mi
EVLN: Tesla-S isn’t your father’s electric car
+
EVLN: Can condos and electric cars co-exist?

{brucedp.150m.com}

Re: EVLN: A Leaf EV Punk’d! South-African Gas-Station Attendants (video)

gtyler54
I pulled up at a pump for petrol in South Africa once, the pump attendant took a long time adding oil, so I thought I better check..... he had the distributor cap off and was trying to work out how to get the oil in there......

Re: EVLN: A Leaf EV Punk’d! South-African Gas-Station Attendants (video)

robert winfield
How ?appropriate? that there was a BP sun logo sign on the gas station. They, BP, abandoned renewable energy and photovoltaics and sold off and dismantled the PV plant at Interstates I-270 and I-70 that had about 3,500 panels and built 30 some years ago