EVLN: Atieva, Lucid-Air EV assembly plant @Casa_Grande-AZ r:400mi ts:200mph

https://www.ibtimes.com/tesla-competitor-lucid-motors-confirms-luxury-ev-production-arizona-2863689
Tesla Competitor, Lucid Motors, Confirms Luxury EV Production In Arizona
11/11/19  Ron Mendoza

[images
https://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/embed/public/2018/08/20/lucid-motors.JPG

https://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/embed/public/2018/08/20/lucid-motors.JPG
California-based Lucid Motors unveiled a prototype of a luxury sedan the
Lucid Air at its unveiling in Fremont, Dec. 14, 2016  / REUTERS/Alexandria
Sage

video  flash
blob:https://www.ibtimes.com/d87e136c-58c1-4fbd-b815-1653e802884f
Tesla Model 3: Is The World Ready For It?
]

In January 2017, Lucid Motors announced plans of breaking ground on Casa
Grande for their assembly plant, but lack of funding has impeded the
production of their luxury sedan until an announcement the company made last
week.

After almost three years, the Tesla competitor has finally confirmed [
https://lucidmotors.com/stories/construction-underway-arizona
] that the local Planning and Zoning Commission of the Arizona city approved
its multi-year site plan on Nov. 6. Land grading has already begun in
September, and the company estimates that production will start before the
end of 2020.

The land the Lucid Motors secured is a 500-acre site that's purchased by
Pinal Country for $29.4 million by way of bond issues, and it's leased to
the startup company for $1.8 million per year. The estimate for the plant
the company plans to construct is about $700 million. The figures were
reported by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.

Atieva, the parent company of Lucid, couldn't get the funding to get Lucid
Air, the premier electric vehicle (EV) that the company unveiled back in
2016, in the line of production. But with a $1 billion investment from Saudi
Arabia [
https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/17/17869450/lucid-motors-saudi-arabia-deal-tesla
] through the kingdom's sovereign wealth fund in 2018, issues concerning its
eventual roll-out dissolved.

Lucid Air claimed to have a range [
https://lucidmotors.com/
] of 400 miles with a top speed of 200 mph. It can also accelerate up to 60
mph from a dead stop. The EV rivals the Tesla Model S with an interior that
boasts more of a luxury feel than the Tesla. So far, it's the only model
that the company developed.

“We have a plan for future models in mind, and we can hopefully be in a
position to clarify that plan later this year,” Chief Technology Officer
Peter Rawlins told The Verge.

“Certainly, with Lucid Air platform, we have a platform that is ideally
suited for more vehicles than just the Air. And, of course, we want to
exploit that.”

The Lucid Air price will range from $60,000 to $100,000.

In July, Lucid Motors hired a former vice president of production for Tesla,
Peter Hochholdinger. Hochholdinger will take on the role of vice president
of manufacturing for Lucid Motors.
[© ibtimes.com]

+
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-vs-toyota-supra-2020-race/
Tesla Model 3 soundly humbles tuned 2020 Toyota Supra ...
November 10, 2019 ... note that the Tesla Model 3 Performance is actually
the electric car maker’s most conservative ... Model 3 Performance relies on
its raw power in straight-line races ...
https://www.teslarati.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/tesla-model-3-vs-2020-toyota-supra.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/