EVLN: BYD e-MPV & e-minivan for India's EV market

EVLN: BYD e-MPV & e-minivan for India's EV market

https://www.autocarpro.in/news-national/byd-enters%C2%A0india-electric-car-market-with-new-mpv-and-minivan-44011
BYD enters India's electric car market with new MPV and minivan
Industry

[images
https://www.autocarpro.in/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=https://www.autocarpro.in/userfiles/64ece02c-4bd3-41b0-9918-960fee0bb1cc.jpg
The T3 pure electric commercial logistics minivan. BYD claims by using its
cutting-edge EV tech, a single T3 MPV or T3 minivan can save the fuel
consumption and emissions equivalent to 5 passenger car

https://www.autocarpro.in/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=https://www.autocarpro.in/userfiles/8f709b8e-ff85-4120-9189-eaaf95c852da.jpg
The full-electric T3 MPV takes 90 minutes for a full charge using DC
charging equipment but can also take standard AC chargers. Once fully
charged, both MPV and Minivan models can travel up to 300km
]

The T3 pure electric commercial logistics minivan. BYD claims by using its
cutting-edge EV tech, a single T3 MPV or T3 minivan can save the fuel
consumption and emissions equivalent to 5 passenger car

BYD (Build Your Dreams) India, a subsidiary of BYD Group, China, the world’s
largest electric vehicle (EV) maker, has entered India’s pure electric van
segment with the introduction of two new pure EVs – T3 pure electric
passenger MPV (multi-purpose vehicle) and T3 pure electric commercial
logistics minivan.

“In the past few years, with the support of the Indian government and our
local partners, BYD has realised the local design, R&D, manufacturing of
electric buses in India, and established battery manufacturing facilities
here. We are also the first OEM in the country to export e-buses to overseas
markets from India. Our pure electric buses have cemented their position as
a market leader in the Indian e-bus segment,” said Liu Xueliang, Managing
Director of BYD India.

“Seeing the huge potential of India’s EV market, BYD is responding to the
Indian government’s call to promote the local market and make India a global
hub for EVs, and so today we are proud to announce that BYD is moving toward
its next step in India. We are delighted to launch the all-new pure electric
T3 MPV and T3 minivan for the Indian market and are confident that our
products will set a benchmark in India’s electric van segment. We always
strive to bring the most advanced and cleanest technology into the Indian
market and better serve our local customers,” he added.

“At this early stage, we are going to focus on creating a more efficient,
more reliable B2B and electric public transportation sector,” said Ketsu
Zhang, Executive Director of BYD India. “We will also gradually look at
increasing investment and manufacturing electric vans locally, according to
Indian market demand and government policies.”

Proprietory battery technology for both vehicles
The T3 MPV and T3 minivan models adopt BYD’s proprietary battery technology,
whose safety, reliability and lifecycle are proven by the company’s 11-year
track record of EV operation as well as its global EV footprint.

According to BYD, the vehicles offer the best configuration and features
available in the market, including keyless entry, push-button start, a music
system with Bluetooth connectivity, reverse parking camera and sensors, and
well-designed space for cargo storage or passengers. The vehicles are
equipped with automatic transmission, which makes them among the most easily
operable vehicles.

Both models also come with advanced safety features like Anti-lock Braking
System (ABS), Electric Parking System (EPB), Brake Override System (BOS),
Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), and more. The regenerative braking
system helps to improve range and save energy, while the Controller Area
Network (CAN) bus communication system provides smart management and
maintenance.

BYD claims that compared to a traditional fuel minivan, the T3 MPV and T3
minivan can effectively reduce the cost of urban logistics distribution.
Adopting BYD’s cutting-edge technology, one single T3 MPV or T3 minivan can
save the fuel consumption and emissions equivalent to 5 passenger cars. Both
models require only an hour-and-a-half hours to fully charge using DC
charging equipment, and both also support standard AC chargers. Once fully
charged, both models can travel up to 300km.

In addition, BYD is now actively seeking local Indian partners for the the
electric van product series.

BYD India was set up in March 2007 in Chennai and New Delhi. The Indian
subsidiary has two factories, covering more than 140,000 square metres, with
a cumulative investment of over US$150 million (Rs 1,080 crore). The
business covers mobile components, solar panels, battery energy storage,
electric buses, electric trucks, electric forklifts, chargers, rail transit,
and more, also providing customers with product solutions and related
after-sales services.

BYD’s India branch has gradually developed into the group's South Asia
regional headquarters, realising the group's localisation strategy in South
Asia. With local partners, the Indian branch has successfully piloted pure
e-buses in Bangalore, Rajkot, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Goa, Cochin, Chandigarh,
Vijayawada, Manali, Mumbai, Surat, and other cities. At present, BYD says it
has a 52 percent market share of e-buses commercially operating in India.
[© autocarpro.in]

+
https://www.electrive.com/2019/09/04/renault-planning-electric-twingo-and-compact-suv/
Renault planning electric Twingo and compact SUV
Sep 4, 2019  For 2021 the plan mentions a still nameless electric compact
SUV and for 2022 ... No electric vehicle is currently based on the CMF-EV:
The Zoe is based on an ...
https://www.electrive.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/renault-twingo-2019-symbolic-picture-min.png