EVLN: Barra sez GM's e-putruck adamantly confirmed> (camo shots)

EVLN: Barra sez GM's e-putruck adamantly confirmed> (camo shots)

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/general-motors-confirms-electric-pickup/
General Motors Confirms Electric Pickup
Apr 30, 2019  Sam McEachern

[images
http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Ford-F-150-EV-Electric-Spy-Shots-March-2019-009.jpg
 (camo)  Ford F-150 Electric prototype

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/2017-Chevrolet-Bolt-EV-Powertrain-Drive-Unit-and-Battery-002.jpg
Chevrolet Bolt EV Battery

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Colorado-ZH2-Concept-Front.jpg
 (front)  Chevrolet Colorado ZH2
]

General Motors CEO Mary Barra has confirmed to reporters the automaker will
one day offer a battery electric pickup truck.

Barra has alluded to such a vehicle in the past, telling reporters late last
year that GM had given it a “tiny bit” [
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/09/gm-has-given-tiny-bit-of-thought-on-making-electric-pickup-truck/
] of thought, but this is the first official word from GM on such a product.
The truck will allegedly be a full-size and will be part of a comprehensive
lineup of GM EVs.

The automaker’s intention to build an emissions free utility became rather
clear when reports surfaced that it was discussing a potential tie-up with
electric vehicle start-up Rivian, which showed off an electric pickup
concept as one of it first vehicles. The talks fell through [
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/rivian-explains-why-talks-with-general-motors-fell-through/
], however, which allowed Ford to swoop in give the Michigan-based company a
$500 million cash injection.

According to Motor Trend, Barra was adamant that GM will remain a segment
leader in both the electric vehicle and pickup truck spaces going forward.
The automaker may have felt pressure to publicly assert its intention to
compete in the space following its failed discussions with Rivian, which was
seen by some as a missed opportunity for GM – especially in light of the
Ford investment.

Ford is currently developing a full electric version of the F-150, while
Tesla also has an electric pickup of its own under development. [It’s not
clear what the timeline is for the arrival of the e-F-150 trucks are].

Meanwhile, sales of GM’s gas and diesel trucks are going strong ... “We are
selling every [ice] truck we build,” Barra said.
[© gmauthority.com]

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/general-motors-confirms-electric-pickup
General Motors confirms an electric pickup is coming
2019-04-30 - General Motors has confirmed plans to introduce an electric
pickup in the coming years,
https://media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2019/03/25/694940094001_6017823371001_6017817416001-vs.jpg

+
https://www.autocarpro.in/news-international/apple-invents-new-thermal-management-systems-for-electric-vehicles-42836
Apple invents new thermal management systems for electric vehicles
26 Apr 2019  Apple's Project Titan team has proposed a thermal management
system for electric vehicles. The patent application for the same was filed
with the US Patent ...
https://www.autocarpro.in/Portals/0/userfiles/15/apple%20patent.jpg

Re: EVLN: Barra sez GM's e-putruck adamantly confirmed> (camo shots)

On 4 May 2019 at 19:24, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> General Motors CEO Mary Barra has confirmed to reporters the automaker will
> one day offer a battery electric pickup truck.

Yeah, "one day."  Right.  I'm still waiting for the electric Chevette they
promised back in 1980.  I'm not holding my breath for either EV.

On 5/5/19 12:02 AM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
> On 4 May 2019 at 19:24, brucedp5 via EV wrote:
>
>> General Motors CEO Mary Barra has confirmed to reporters the automaker will
>> one day offer a battery electric pickup truck.
>
> Yeah, "one day."  Right.  I'm still waiting for the electric Chevette they
> promised back in 1980.  I'm not holding my breath for either EV.

I sure see a lot of "GM forgiveness" (or "GM ignorance") around.  I'm
pleased to see it is not so pervasive as I thought.  I will never buy
another GM car.  Not withstanding the "it is not the same company"
sentiment.