EVLN: Buy your Bolt EV @Costco> (offer expires January 2, 2018)

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1113092_costco-members-can-now-get-gm-supplier-pricing-on-chevy-bolt-ev-volt
Costco members now get GM Supplier Pricing on Chevy Bolt EV, Volt
Oct 5, 2017  Sean Szymkowski

[images
https://images.hgmsites.net/med/2017-chevrolet-bolt-ev--2016-consumer-electronics-show_100541575_m.jpg
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV - 2016 Consumer Electronics Show

https://images.hgmsites.net/med/chevrolet_100541565_m.jpg
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV
]

Costco members in the market for a new vehicle now have a new round of
incentives to consider as they head into the final car-buying months of
2017.

Specifically, shoppers interested in a General Motors vehicle will discover
Supplier Pricing on nearly every car—including the Chevrolet Bolt EV
electric car and Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid.

Even better news: buyers can combine that Supplier Pricing from Costco with
nearly all other incentives available on a particular vehicle, including
leasing and financing rebates.

It's an understandable incentive as well: Costco members pay the factory
invoice, plus a small program fee, and the no-haggle price is fixed.

Buyers are still able to negotiate a lower price if they feel compelled, but
many historically see the no-haggle price as a major benefit.

Cars Direct reports the supplier pricing even extends to newly launched GM
vehicles, such as the Chevrolet Equinox Diesel crossover utility vehicle.

 [image]  2018 Chevrolet Volt

There are few exclusions; the only cars not eligible for Supplier Pricing
include various base models that most dealers rarely stock.

(Think of L-trimmed Chevrolet vehicles, which exist mostly for advertising
purposes.)

If an interested car shopper isn't currently a Costco member, the money
saved through the incentive likely outweighs the membership fee to join the
buyer's warehouse club.

Becoming a Costco member costs $60 annually for Gold status and $120 for
Executive status.

Executive members receive a 2-percent rebate on purchases, though it's
capped at $1,000 annually so buying a car doesn't help boost that figure.

To sweeten the deal, Costco will include a $300 Costco Cash Card for Gold
members, and Executive members who purchase a GM vehicle through the program
will receive a $700 cash card.

California and other CARB-compliant states will likely see the best deals on
the Bolt EV under the Costco program; lease rates and finance offers in
these states continue to exceed national offers.

The Bolt EV has seen steadily rising sales figures, despite launching
nationwide just several weeks ago.

September sales of the Bolt EV tallied 2,632 vehicles, which brings the
running sales total to 14,302 units over nine months.

Chevrolet's affordable electric car starts at $37,495 before federal tax
credits up to $7,500 are applied.

Costo and GM's Supplier Pricing will run one day past 2018; the offers
expire on January 2, 2018.
[© 2017 Green Car Reports]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

Re: EVLN: Buy your Bolt EV @Costco> (offer expires January 2, 2018)

Re: EVLN: Buy your Bolt EV @Costco> (offer expires January 2, 2018)

I don’t think there is just one price.  It’s Costco working with local
dealers who want to sell cars to people who don’t want to haggle.   Costco
bargains with eventually an ”approved” dealer or dealers to bring the price
down to where everyone wins.  The dealer sells a car, the Costco member
receives or perceives a better deal than they would have received through
their own negotiations, and Costco gains a commission.

If you search on Costco car buying service reviews, you’ll find a number of
reviews where the buyer screwed up, the dealership was not ethical and
Costco didn’t exert itself and all were left with unhappy experiences.

The bottom line is that it can work well but you have to read and
understand the agreements, be willing to stay the course or walk away, and
provide Costco with feedback at appropriate times.

The 2018 Bolt was not being offered but the 2017 was listed.

> [...]

No haggling, but do your research: Buy your Bolt EV @Costco ...

[ref
https://www.mail-archive.com/ev@.../msg20867.html
]

https://www.google.com/search?btnG=Search&q=Costco+Bolt
% A search gives: %

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4821
[comments] ... fine print at the bottom of the page:
"Certain vehicles may be excluded from the program."
 ... It's easy to get a $2000 discount on a highly profitable Tahoe [ice],
not so easy finding a discount on a car that's already being sold well below
cost.
Unless GM decides to juice sales in CARB states for ZEV credits, don't
expect to see any significant discounting ...

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/55-2017-chevy-bolt-ev-pricing-dealers-orders-tracking/6178-what-your-costco-auto-program-discount.html
[comments] ... The Costco price is dealer invoice. For the Bolt I was
looking at MSRP was 42.760 (premier + infotainment & driver confidence - no
fast charge). The invoice came out to 41,035 (or 4% discount). However they
were adding on $1,065 in "advertising costs" + an additional 1% on the lease
APR. In the end, it was about $400 less than MSRP. I did not like the
"bonus" costs so I walked out without buying from the dealer.

There is a good article on the invoice price of the Bolt at this URL
gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?271017

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/attachment.php?s=c44b803b68f3f1a5d8a5eb474ae92ea6&attachmentid=1114&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1484271031
 image of the invoice

https://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx?gotourl=%2fdefault.aspx
% Bolt EV is sold in several U.S. states. For example purposes, here are
some CA zip codes to peek& poke with so you can compare prices offered. IMO
big cities will have higher prices, sticks (ag areas) should be lower, etc.
%

zip code City county comment
90001 Los Angeles LA expensive
94101 San Francisco SF "
95101 San Jose Santa Clara "
94203 Sacramento Sac "
92037 La Jolla San Diego "

95201 Stockton San Joaquin
94531 Antioch Contra Costa
95045 San Juan Bautista San Benito
95437 Fort Bragg Mendocino
96001 Redding Shasta
96006 Adin Modoc
96014 Callahan Siskiyou
95531 Crescent City Del Norte

92231 Calexico Imperial cheaper,sticks
93514 Bishop Inyo "
93516 Boron Kern "
93606 Biola Fresno "
93666 Sultana Tulare "
93927 Greenfield Monterey "
95222 Angels Camp Calaveras "
95347 Moccasin Tuolumne "

[dated]
https://jalopnik.com/costco-leaks-2017-chevrolet-bolt-configurator-before-ch-1788819429
Costco Leaks 2017 Chevrolet Bolt Configurator Before Chevy Puts It On Their
Site
11/10/16  Jason Torchinsky

[image
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--rFX7T3li--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/tt8sgg5dgxbz8vczgz1m.png
]

Did you know you can buy cars at Costco? You can, and they don’t even seem
to be in huge 48-packs. In fact, one of the cars you seem to be able to buy
is a 2017 Chevy Bolt, which is interesting because the new Chevy electric
car isn’t available on Chevy’s own site yet. Whoops.

You can’t actually find the Bolt in any of the normal menus on Costco’s
site, but this link will take you right to the Bolt’s configure and price
page. Enter your zip code and the Bolt configurator will be the first thing
that comes up.

As we knew, the Bolt starts at $35,155 ($37,495 MSRP) in its base LT trim,
and goes up to $39,269 ($41,780 MSRP) for the Premier trim. That’s right
about what a Tesla Model 3 costs, with the Bolt having the added benefit of
actually being available in the near-current reality.

One detail I especially like seeing on here is the “1 speed” transmission.
It’s auto for now, but hopefully eventually they’ll offer a Bolt RS that has
a manual 1-speed transmission, with an I-pattern shifter.

You can see all the car’s specs and dimensions here, most of which we knew
already (200 HP, 266 lb-ft/190 Nrp) of torque. But did we know that the
trunk volume is 16.9 cubic feet? Or that the front hip room is 51.6 inches?
I don’t think we did.

The important stuff like the Bolt’s electric range and MPGe are listed as
well, with the overall range given at 238, like we’ve heard, and a combined
MPGe of 119.

So, if you really want a Bolt, and just can’t wait for Chevy to put the
price and configure tools on their website, feel free to try it out over at
Costco until they realize what’s going on and have to take it down before
some poor Costco bastard has to make an uncomfortable phone call to Chevy.
[© jalopnik.com]
https://insideevs.com/chevrolet-bolt-configurator-goes-live-build-now/
Chevrolet Bolt Configurator Goes Live - Build Your Own Now
2016/11  Via Costco's car program, we now have our first full look at the
configurator for the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt.
https://twitter.com/costcoauto?lang=en
Costco Auto Program (@CostcoAuto)
The latest Tweets from Costco Auto Program (@CostcoAuto). Costco members
receive low, prearranged pricing on new and select pre-owned vehicles ...

% Compare to using:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Chevrolet/Bolt?startYear=1981&numRecords=25&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=CHEBOLT&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=0

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/en/US/chevrolet/bolt-ev/2017/bolt-ev/trim

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

Re: EVLN: Buy your Bolt EV @Costco> (offer expires January 2, 2018)

I don’t think there is just one price.  It’s Costco working with local
dealers who want to sell cars to people who don’t want to haggle.   Costco
bargains with eventually an ”approved” dealer or dealers to bring the price
down to where everyone wins.  The dealer sells a car, the Costco member
receives or perceives a better deal than they would have received through
their own negotiations, and Costco gains a commission.

If you search on Costco car buying service reviews, you’ll find a number of
reviews where the buyer screwed up, the dealership was not ethical and
Costco didn’t exert itself and all were left with unhappy experiences.

The bottom line is that it can work well but you have to read and
understand the agreements, be willing to stay the course or walk away, and
provide Costco with feedback at appropriate times.

The 2018 Bolt was not being offered but the 2017 was listed.

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 9:53 AM Hoegberg via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

ok, Hmm ,

So you think it can be different costco-prices in different states ?

Do we have any Costco-member on this list that can check it?
( Price on different Zip / locations)

/ John