EVLN: Chris& Julie Ramsey's Leaf EV in Mongolia-rally-race> Goodwood.uk to Siberia.ru

EVLN: Chris& Julie Ramsey's Leaf EV in Mongolia-rally-race> Goodwood.uk to Siberia.ru

brucedp

https://stv.tv/news/north/1393480-scots-couple-first-to-enter-electric-car-in-mongol-rally/
Scots couple first to enter electric car in Mongol Rally
20170713

[image
https://images.stv.tv/articles/w768/548582-chris-ramsey-of-plug-in-adventures-electric-car-rally-driver-july-13-2017.jpg
Rally: Chris Ramsey in the Nissan Leaf. Plug in Adventures
]

Chris and Julie Ramsey will embark on the 10,000-mile adventure this weekend.

A Scots couple are gearing up to become the first people to enter an electric vehicle in the 10,000-mile Mongol Rally.

Chris Ramsey and his wife Julie will set off on Sunday in their Nissan Leaf on the journey from Goodwood racecourse to Ulan-Ude in Siberia with about 340 other petrol or diesel cars.

The rally takes participants across the mountains, desert and steppe of Europe and Asia with no back-up, no support and no set route to follow.

Mr Ramsey has completed several previous rallies in his electric vehicle (EV) including John O'Groats to Land's End, London to Monte Carlo and Scotland's North Coast 500.

Mr Ramsey, from Aberdeen, said: "This is a really exciting challenge and I'm hoping it will dispel many of the myths about electric vehicles and their efficiency.

"I'm passionate about raising awareness of EVs and the important role they are playing now, and will do in the future, in reducing our carbon emissions.

"I'm also delighted to be raising funds for WWF Scotland, a charity I support for the work it does in providing solutions to environmental problems both at home and abroad."

His car can be plugged into any electric socket to charge and he is taking a variety of adaptors with him to fit sockets in different countries.

The rules of the Mongol Rally state that participants must drive a small, sub-1.0-litre engine car to make the event more of a challenge. There is no set route for the rally and no limitations, so the couple plan to do some voluntary work whilst driving through countries including Kazakhstan and Mongolia.

WWF Scotland acting director Sam Gardner said EVs are "the way forward".

He said: "We wish Chris and Julie the best of luck and thank them for choosing to raise funds for us so we can continue our work in Scotland."

Mr Ramsay is the founder of Plug in Adventures, a venture that seeks to champion electric vehicles.
[© 2017 STV]
https://www.facebook.com/pluginadventures/
Plug In Adventures, Aberdeen
https://twitter.com/pluginadventure
https://www.youtube.com/user/pluginadventure
Plug In Adventures  10,000 Mile Mongol Rally In A Nissan Leaf (Interview With Chris Ramsey). 4:13 ...

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15410313.Scot_becomes_first_driver_to_enter_electric_vehicle_in_Mongol_Rally/
Scot becomes first driver to enter electric vehicle in Mongol Rally
20170713  AN Aberdeenshire man will make history this weekend when he becomes the first person to enter the 10,000-mile Mongol Rally in an electric vehicle (EV) ...  from Goodwood Racecourse to Ulan-Ude in Siberia, via Mongolia ... Chris Ramsey in his Nissan Leaf electric rally car ...
http://www.thenational.scot/resources/images/6587098.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery
https://vimeo.com/pluginadventures
Plug In Adventures  Three guys based in Aberdeen, Scotland, looking for adventure and electricity! We completed our first #pluginadventure1 driving around the UK in a 100% ...
https://drivetribe.com/t/plug-in-adventures-F88vC4zSRGGlnmm5GOy7XQ
PLUG IN ADVENTURES  All things Electric from Adventures, Road Trips, Test Drive or drive to work ...
www.autoblog.com/photos/nissan-leaf-at-ev-by-plug-in-adventures-0/
Nissan Leaf AT-EV by Plug In Adventures Photo Gallery
Apr 26, 2017 - View detailed pictures that accompany our Nissan Leaf AT-EV by Plug In Adventures article with close-up photos of exterior and interior ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/