EVLN: Cumbria.uk's Electric ambulance(RRV) fleet save$ £3.5k/yr

EVLN: Cumbria.uk's Electric ambulance(RRV) fleet save$ £3.5k/yr

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17622389.electric-vehicles-to-be-added-to-cumbrias-ambulance-fleet/
Electric vehicles to be added to Cumbria's ambulance fleet
7th May 2019  Pamela McGowan

[image
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/resources/images/9817715
Electric vehicles to be added to Cumbria's ambulance fleet
The North West Ambulance Service is rolling out electric vehicles
]

ELECTRIC vehicles are being introduced to the ambulance service fleet in
Cumbria as part of efforts to reduce its carbon footprint.

It is one of a number of initiatives that have helped the North West
Ambulance Service (NWAS) secure a certificate of excellence for its
sustainability.

It is the third year running NWAS has been awarded this accolade for its
commitment to environmental responsibility.

Electric rapid response vehicles were first trialled in Greater Manchester
and are now being rolled out across the NWAS area.

It is expected to reduce the carbon contribution from RRVs by 90 per cent,
and save £3,500 in fuel costs per vehicle annually.

Neil Maher, from NWAS, said: “We all have a duty to look after our planet
and operating sustainably is a top priority for us. We’re extremely proud.”
[© newsandstar.co.uk]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbria
Cumbria is a ceremonial and non-metropolitan county in North West England.
The county and Cumbria County Council, its local government, came into ...
Region?: ?North West  Sovereign state?: ?United Kingdom ...
country?: ?England  ?Cumbrian dialect  ?Keswick, Cumbria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keswick,_Cumbria
[video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofWA7ERRwzs
WIKITONGUES: Simon speaking Cumbrian
Aug 25, 2016  Cumbrian is a local Northern English dialect spoken in Cumbria
and surrounding northern England. Ey-up - my nyam is Simon Roper, and aa's
of Cumbrian descent. T'dialect is a sort o' combinyation o' norse, auld
english, pictish… the can lin twi it an' modern norwegian ...

https://www.compelo.com/insurance/news/portable-electric-car-charger/
RAC launches portable electric car charger for emergency roadside rescue
service
30 Apr 2019  RAC head of roadside rescue innovation Chris Millward said:
“Our solution enables our patrols to help stranded electric vehicle drivers
at the roadside with a ...
https://www.compelo.com/insurance/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2019/04/rac-big-charger.jpg