Quantcast

EVLN: DHL Express launches Kangoo e-vans in Australia

EVLN: DHL Express launches Kangoo e-vans in Australia

brucedp

http://www.primemovermag.com.au/news/article/dhl-express-launches-electric-vehicle-in-australia
DHL Express launches electric vehicle in Australia
5th, April 2017

[image
http://www.primemovermag.com.au/uploads/primemover/articles/pm-0417-news-dhl630.jpg
(Kangoo e-van)
]

DHL Express has put its first fully electric vehicle, a Renault Kangoo ZE Van, on Australian roads following a successful trial.

According to the transport provider, the electric Renault van will be used as the company mail car in Sydney, driving between DHL Express offices.

“As a global company, we acknowledge the environmental impact of our day-to-day operations and our responsibility to reduce this wherever possible,” said Gary Edstein, CEO/ Senior Vice President at DHL Express Oceania.

“Globally, we have seen a 30 per cent improvement in our carbon efficiency since 2008 – and we are aiming to further improve this through new green initiatives like this electric vehicle.”

The Renault Kangoo ZE Van is part of the company’s already operational fleet of hybrid delivery vans. The electric vehicle, dependent upon the driving style and conditions, can be on the road for an average of four hours, an equivalent travelling distance of 100 kilometres on a single charge, eliminating the production of 4.75 tonnes of carbon emissions from the environment over the course of one year. The vehicle runs on a lithium-ion battery and takes six to nine hours to complete a full charge.
[© 2017 Prime Creative Media]
http://www.tandlnews.com.au/2017/04/05/article/dhl-goes-quiet-green/
DHL Australia is going electric - Transport & Logistics News
2017/04/05  DHL Express Australia is driving towards greener deliveries with its first ... The electric vehicle is a Renault Kangoo ZE Van and will be used as ...
https://www.fullyloaded.com.au/product-news/1704/dhl-express-in-ev-step-as-it-awaits-more-range
DHL Express in EV step as it awaits more range
06.04.2017  The vehicle runs on a lithium-ion battery and takes six to nine hours to ... Overseas, DHL Express has introduced electric vehicles, including electric vans and ...

[dated]
postalandparceltechnologyinternational.com/news.php?NewsID=57211
Deutsche Post DHL signs letter of intent with Renault to expand ...
At present, DHL uses 304 electric vehicles from Renault including Kangoo Z.E., Renault ZOE and the Renault Twizy. “The Renault ... Interlink Express to be rebranded as DPD Local ... Australia Post CEO unveils plans for electric vehicle fleet.

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/