EVLN: EV-newswire posts for 20180205

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Ford-Mach1-EV-no-concept-nor-prototype-r-300mi-v-tp4689378.html
EVLN: Ford Mach1 EV (no concept nor prototype) r:300mi (v)
Ford Finally Makes Its Move Into Electric Cars
Jan 17, 2018  Lightning flashes, synthesizers synthesize, and we behold the
carmaker's next great machine, to debut in 2020: an all-electric SUV, good
for 300 miles of driving between charges, called the Mach 1. Well, we behold
a glowing sign that reads "Mach 1"—Ford has yet to debut the car, even as a
concept or prototype ...
https://media.wired.com/photos/5a5e5fae578ad833ef6878c0/master/w_582,c_limit/FordUnrevealedCar-TopArt.jpg

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-BMW-sez-can-build-EV-ice-on-same-platform-copying-Bolt-tp4689380.html
EVLN: BMW sez can build EV/ice on same platform> (copying Bolt)
BMW says it can build electric cars and regular ones on same platforms:
interview
Jan 25, 2018  As the auto industry plans more electric cars in higher
volumes for the 2020s, one of the great debates is whether they will need to
be designed from the ground up solely for battery power. Doing so allows
designers to offer larger cabins due to the more compact drive motors and
electronics ...
https://twitter.com/jimzellmer/status/955808095913086976

+
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmahon/2018/01/14/electric-vehicles-cost-less-than-half-as-much-to-drive/#71b26d133f97
Electric Vehicles Cost Less Than Half As Much To Drive
Jan 13, 2018  Electric vehicles cost less than half as much to operate as
their gasoline-powered counterparts, according to a study of fuel costs
released Thursday by the University of Michigan. The average cost to operate
an EV in the United States is $485 per year, while the average for a
gasoline-powered vehicle is $1,117, according ...
https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/960x0/smart/https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F903102370%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

http://www.9and10news.com/2018/02/05/angies-list-report-affordable-electric-vehicles/
Angie’s List Report: Affordable Electric Vehicles
2018/02/05  Despite the low gas prices we’re currently enjoying, the demand
for electric vehicles may soon surge as manufacturers prepare to debut new,
affordable …

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/bmw-electrification-interview/
Once you go EV, you don’t go back. And BMW intends to keep it that way
January 31, 2018  Thirty percent will switch to a pure electric vehicle,
while only 10 percent are going back to a combustion engine. Driving
electric is attractive. How do you make driving an electric car more
convenient? We need to increase the battery size. One way is to look at
battery cell technology. We'll see a permanent improvement ...
https://icdn2.digitaltrends.com/image/dt-frankfurt-2017-bmw-i-vision-concept-1-1200x0.jpg

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/02/original-microcar-reborn-china/
The Original Microcar Is Reborn in China
February 5, 2018   If the diminutive little car looks familiar, it should.
According to Car News China (via Motor Authority), the Eagle EG6330K is a
cheap, low-speed electric vehicle (LSEV) modeled after another cheap
vehicle: the BMW Isetta, one of many near-identical postwar “bubble cars”
built under license in Europe and Latin America ...
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/isetta-china-1-610x338.jpg