EVLN: EV-newswire posts for 20191109

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-30750-Mini-Cooper-SE-32-6kWh-EV-Ioniq-Leaf-pricing-tp4695551.html
EVLN: $30750 Mini Cooper SE 32.6kWh EV> Ioniq &Leaf pricing
Electric Mini pricing reveal suggests it could match Ioniq and Leaf
November 1, 2019  Pricing and specifications for the all-electric Mini
Cooper SE are now out in the US, ... A compact but feisty three-door EV
offering from German carmaker BMW ...
https://thedriven.io/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/P90357220_highRes_the-new-mini-cooper-.jpg

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-57-5k-Tesla-3-44k-Leaf-EVs-compared-Model-3-takes-it-tp4695552.html
EVLN: $57.5k Tesla-3 &$44k Leaf EVs compared> Model-3 takes it!
I drove a $57,500 Tesla Model 3 and a $44,000 Nissan Leaf — here's how these
all-electric cars stacked up
The Leaf has been in the electric-vehicle market for longer, but the Model 3
was among the best cars I drove in all of 2018 ...
https://image.businessinsider.com/5bb3b4eaae84ee1ccc241bb7

+
https://electriccarsreport.com/2019/11/mini-cooper-se-electric-driving-fun-on-the-north-sea-coasts/
MINI Cooper SE: Electric driving fun on the North Sea coasts
November 3, 2019  The all-electric car is particularly economical in its
GREEN+ drive mode. Additional range can be gained with the accelerator ...
https://electriccarsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Mini-Cooper-SE-germany-trip.jpg?93af4f&93af4f

https://www.bewiser.co.uk/news/car-insurance/green-number-plates-electric-cars-let-drivers-park-free-and-use-bus-lanes
Green number plates for electric cars let drivers park for free and use bus
lanes
1st November 2019  A similar scheme was trialled in Ontario with drivers of
electric vehicles given free access to toll lanes and high occupancy vehicle
lanes ...

https://www.bakersfield.com/news/valley-air-district-and-the-california-air-resources-board-unveil/article_902e6976-fcf1-11e9-93d0-7ba3d31f8242.html
Valley Air District and the California Air Resources Board unveil electric
vehicle car sharing program
Nov 1, 2019  The Valley Air District and the California Air Resources Board
announced on Friday an electric vehicle car sharing program that will be
available to the public ... 24 battery electric vehicles and 17 level 2 EV
chargers will be used, according to the release ...

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Baffling-unexpiring-temporary-CA-ban-on-paid-auton-e-rides-weird-politics-thinking-tp4695535.html
Baffling unexpiring-temporary CA ban on paid auton_e-rides>
weird-politics-thinking
Waymo wants to offer robotaxis in California. But the state insists they be
free
November 1, 2019 ... Last year, the California Public Utilities Commission
allowed driverless "robotaxi" pilot programs in the state but banned
permit-holders from charging fares. The ban is considered temporary but has
no timeline ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Tesla+NuTonomy+Waymo

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/
https://mail-archive.com/ev@.../maillist.html

Re: EVLN: EV-newswire posts for 20191109

Hi Bruce,

I see that you are becoming so efficient that you are now posting messages from
5 days in the future :-).

(i.e. 20191109 is next Saturday)

On 2019-11-04 12:35 a.m., brucedp5 via EV wrote:
> Some stuff...

2011 leaf bad lvl 1,2 charger

will the level 3 charger work if the lvl 1,2  charger is not?

Re: 2011 leaf bad lvl 1,2 charger

Theoretically the DC fast charge port could be completely separate from
the AC Level 1/2 charger, as it connects the DC fast charger (external
to the auto) directly to the battery with some control signals.

So it COULD work, even if the on-board charger is bad.

However, it is also possible that the onboard electronics will refuse to
charge from any source if there are charger error messages floating
around the CAN bus, so you would have to check it to be sure.

Jay

On 11/4/19 1:34 PM, evtlfp20 via EV wrote:
> will the level 3 charger work if the lvl 1,2  charger is not?

Re: 2011 leaf bad lvl 1,2 charger

Another Leaf'er had this problem, the dealer cleared codes so it was
possible to charge L3 and the owner could drive the car with the warning to
have the charger fixed before trying L1/2 charging as that would set the
codes and disable charging again.
With LeafSpy Pro, you can see and clear codes, that is what I use. Good
investment, so I did not mind paying twice: one time to get the iPhone
version and later to get also the Android App.
Cor.