EVLN: EVSE.uk use-abuse> Lack of PD enforcement

EVLN: EVSE.uk use-abuse> Lack of PD enforcement

https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/post/charging-wars-london-taxi-drivers-facing-daily-abuse-to-use-electric-charge-points
Charging Wars: London taxi drivers facing ‘daily abuse’ to use electric
charge points
Oct 31, 2019  Perry Richardson

[image
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/8bb3dd_ee64f5c13cdc4fe18d857c11310dbe44~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_586,h_330,al_c,q_90,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/8bb3dd_ee64f5c13cdc4fe18d857c11310dbe44~mv2.webp

share
https://twitter.com/Tom___1___/status/1189203353189924865
Tom @Tom___1___
Charming individual ?????? he wasn't happy I have to say. Working for
Mailbox( delivery) or something
Embedded video
https://twitter.com/i/status/1189203353189924865
10:32 AM - Oct 29, 2019
]

Taxi drivers are experiencing ‘daily abuse’ due to lack of enforcement on
designated electric taxi charge points in the capital.

London taxi drivers who have made the move to cleaner zero-emission capable
vehicles have experienced difficulties when they come to charge their
vehicles.

In a video posted on social media, one black cab driver was involved in an
incident showing a delivery van using a centrally located taxi charger.

The cabbie was told by the Mail Box Express delivery driver to “shut the
f*ck up” and “get in your cab and f*ck off”, when it was pointed out that he
was charging on the popular South London location.

The delivery driver then aggressively tells the taxi driver: “Don’t play the
big man because we’ll go around the corner bruv.” The cabbie then takes
photos of the white Nissan delivery vehicle, which sees the delivery man
lunge towards the cabbie on three occasions, trying to take the driver's
mobile phone.

Siwan Hayward, Transport for London’s (TfL) Director of Compliance, Policing
and On-Street Services, said: “Taxi drivers have a right to go about their
work without fear and intimidation, so it is appalling that this person had
to suffer this abusive behaviour. We have installed dedicated charge points
for the new zero emission capable black cabs as part of the Mayor’s
ambitious plans to clean up the capital’s toxic air. To ensure they are only
used by taxis we have a strict enforcement regime on TfL’s roads, which
includes regular patrols by the Met Police and traffic enforcement officers.
We would encourage black cab drivers who find a vehicle that isn’t a taxi in
a dedicated electric bay to report it to our customer service department.”

TfL have issued 218 fines to those vehicles flouting the rules, with the
penalty being as high as £130.

Grant Davis, Chairman of the London Cab Driver Club (LCDC), said:
“Unfortunately we see on a daily basis licensed taxi drivers face abuse and
physical threats with vans and lorries parking up on our conventional taxi
ranks, but to see a driver who has made the massive commitment in investing
in a LEVC taxi making London a greener and cleaner place facing both verbal
abuse and as we see a physical assault is awful.

“I can only hope the individual who carries out the attack on the taxi
driver is removed from his position as soon as possible.

“Until Transport for London take parking on ranks by non taxi vehicles
seriously, this will unfortunately continue.”

A spokesperson from Mail Box Express Deliveries told TaxiPoint: “Mail Box
Express expects that all employees to conduct themselves in a professional
manner when interacting with members of the public. All Mail Box Express
employees should consider their own behaviour and the impact that this can
have on to others.

“Further investigations will take place and the driver will be dealt inline
with our disciplinary procedures.”

TaxiPoint asked whether there were enough charging points not just for
taxis, but for all industries making the move to electric vehicles. Mail Box
responded by saying: “We feel there is just not enough charging bays for
electric vehicles for everyone to use and it increasingly difficult for our
drivers to make our deliveries. We have however recently adopted a new
system where two people in a van as its the only way we can make a lot of
our deliveries.

“We would like to take this opportunity to express are sincere apologise on
behalf of the driver behaviour and it is not a the behaviour we expect from
our drivers ever.”

In September, Caroline Russell AM, Green Party London Assembly Member,
queried what measures the London Mayor was putting in place to enforce taxi
only charging bays for the growing electric taxi fleet.

The London Mayor Sadiq Khan responded by saying: “Metropolitan Police
Service Police Community Support Officers and Transport for London Roads and
Transport Enforcement Officers (RTEOs) patrol red routes to help improve
compliance and enforce against parking contraventions.

“If a vehicle other than a taxi is stopped within an E-taxi bay then it can
be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN). Taxis stopped in an E-taxi bay
should abide by the controls displayed on the signage.”

There are 208 rapid chargers in London, of which 73 are taxi dedicated.
Today there are nearly 3,000 zero-emission taxis in London since their
launch in January 2018.

Transport for London’s Rapid Charging Infrastructure project remains
committed to installing 300 rapid charge points by the end of 2020 to
service the Mayor’s targeted 9,000 zero-emission taxis before the start of
2021.

However, according to research conducted by TaxiPoint just one in ten
cabbies want to remain in their current diesel vehicle, but over 55% of
drivers yet to make the change say they are unlikely to go electric in the
next 5 years. The three biggest concerns holding cabbies back are the
initial cost of the taxi (78.5%), the stability of the taxi industry (70.8%)
and the current charging network (62%).

In Oxford, new taxi-only charge points have been introduced using the latest
enforcement technology. To ensure the charging bays won’t be used
incorrectly as parking bays, the site has been equipped with IBay charging
sensors.

Any vehicle parked without charging in Oxford will trigger an enforcement
request to Excel parking, who will ensure that the site is only used by
charging EV taxis licensed in Oxford, and eligible EV permit holders.

TfL are urging cabbies to report unauthorised vehicles, using dedicated
electric charging bays, by sharing useful details like the date, time,
location and a video or picture where possible. TfL customer services can be
contacted on 0343 222 1234 or via the website at:
https://tfl.gov.uk/help-and-contact/
[© taxi-point.co.uk]

+ (Audi e-tron EV)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7615643/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-arrive-discussion-gender-equality-electric-car.html
Harry and Meghan arrive in electric car for gender
discussion
25 October 2019  Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrive at a discussion over
gender equality in an electric car after they were accused of hypocrisy for
use of private jets ...
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/26/01/20203532-0-image-a-47_1572049349119.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/