EVLN: Electric School Buses> same performance, safety& comfort but breathes cleaner

EVLN: Electric School Buses> same performance, safety& comfort but breathes cleaner

http://www.trailer-bodybuilders.com/chassis/thomas-built-buses-unveils-saf-t-liner-c2-electric-school-bus
Thomas Built Buses unveils Saf-T-Liner C2 Electric School Bus
Nov 06, 2017

[image
http://www.trailer-bodybuilders.com/sites/trailer-bodybuilders.com/files/styles/article_featured_standard/public/thomas%20jouley.png?itok=7gqn-XBH
]

Thomas Built Buses debuted the Saf-T-Liner C2 Electric School Bus, referred
to as Jouley—the first generation of Thomas Built’s electric series
production school bus.

In addition to the same vehicle performance, safety and comfort as the
Saf-T-Liner C2, this new electric school bus has quiet operation and
produces zero emissions and even exportable power. In this capacity,
students riding the school bus will be able to charge their computers and
other devices directly from the bus.

“Jouley is named after the joule unit of energy,” said Caley Edgerly,
president and CEO of Thomas Built Buses. “A joule is equivalent to the
amount of energy that is dissipated as heat when an electric current of one
ampere passes through a resistance of one ohm for one second. So we are
having fun with Jouley.”

The first generation Saf-T-Liner C2 Electric Bus comes equipped with the
PowerDrive 7000ev powertrain from Efficient Drivetrains, Inc., which
provides 100-160kWh of battery energy and a baseline of 100-mile range and
an operating range up to 100 miles between charges, with an option for a
higher range with additional battery packs. Among its features is the
PowerSuite vehicle control software and the PowerTracker telematics and
diagnostics system that tracks bus location and provides real-time
monitoring of potential issues.

“Daimler Trucks North America is committed to developing sustainable
mobility with an emphasis on battery electric vehicles,” said Roger Nielsen,
Daimler Trucks North America president and CEO ... Our commitment to battery
electric vehicles continues our strong leadership in matching our customers’
needs with the best powertrain for their application and environment.”

Thomas Built Buses is a member of the Daimler global truck group and draws
upon Daimler’s worldwide resources for technology and innovations.  Fuso, a
Daimler company, recently debuted the FUSO eCanter, which is the world’s
first all-electric light-duty truck in series production, with sales in the
US, Japan and Europe.

“We are pleased to debut the first generation Saf-T-Liner C2 Electric School
Bus,” said Edgerly. “Continuous improvement and innovation are core to both
Thomas Built Buses and Daimler and we are excited to explore additional
enhancements and features that can be leveraged with this new electric
powertrain.”

The Saf-T-Liner C2 Electric is slated to be in early production in 2019.
For more information, please contact your local Thomas Built dealer.
[© trailer-bodybuilders.com]

http://www.stnonline.com/news/latest-news/item/9047-electric-school-buses-in-the-midwest
Electric School Buses in the Midwest?
November 6, 2017  State legislators and policymakers could help by creating
incentives for electric vehicles, benefitting their state's air quality and
also creating jobs since various ...
http://www.stnonline.com/media/k2/galleries/9047/image4.jpg
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/07/ic-bus-charge-electric-school-bus/
The IC Bus ChargE electric school bus might be our new favorite
Nov 7th 2017  IC Bus has created the ChargE electric school bus concept
through a partnership with with Volkswagen Truck & Bus ... It has a driving
range of more than 120 miles … The ChargE is a concept EV bus …
https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims3/GLOB/crop/1600x901+0+196/resize/800x450!/format/jpg/quality/85/http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/bcdc71e58173f67803b0a5a2fc150fdf/205841180/chargE_web.jpg